Youth launch protest against 'deep-rooted Thai dictatorship'

rooster59

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police deputy spokesman Pol Colonel Kritsana Pattanacharoen said that National Police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijnda has assigned high-ranking police officers, including deputy National Police chief Suwat Jaengyodsook, to take care of the situation.

Sure take care of the situation and prepare the jail like they did for 2 country side man, holding a paper board asking for free of speech.... what will it bee? tear gas or water canon spray

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thai anti-junta rap group called “Rap Against Dictatorship” has been awarded the winner of the Václav Havel Prize for Creative Dissent.

With English subs.

why the majority of the Thai population is not doing anything to change the non functioning government or are they and we (the ones not understanding Thai news) don't know about it, they should use Hong Kong as a reference

• Like 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes the young people have had enough of the control freak and his buddies.

Quite a few middle aged and older have had enough too... the last 4 months has changed the mindset of quite few who before wouldn't say anything !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Going a little 'bits up' now for the PM. Mass protests, mass resignations, mass unemployment, mass food queues, mass vacancies in hotels, No tourists, no tax income, Covid, mass deaths on the road and worst Asian economy.

I guess he'll be on some live show soon singing 'Always look on the bright side of life'

No Mass tourists, No Mass tax income, No Mass economic growth, No Mass of mostly anything, down hill all around 555

Perhaps, the youth should start by not shuffling their feet as they make the tiring 30 meter journey to their motorbikes.  The girls are 18 going on 35, and the boys are 18 going on 12.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

Perhaps, the youth should start by not shuffling their feet as they make the tiring 30 meter journey to their motorbikes.

I’m sure that will be at the forefront of their minds. 

I thank you all for your courageous act to protect democracy that has been impeded by those that love ruling with authority but please keep social distancing so as not to give reason to the authorities reason to break up your protest and undo your good and hard work. But I do think that your Thailand authorities have signed onto Chinas belt and road scheme which will end up being to great a debt to pay back which in turn will enable China free raine in Thailand and that day is not far away so please be aware of what is at stake and stop China from taking to big of a foothold.

Edited by alation
left out a word
  • Like 2

(Police deputy spokesman Pol Colonel Kritsana Pattanacharoen said that National Police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijnda has assigned high-ranking police officers, including deputy National Police chief Suwat Jaengyodsook, to take care of the situation.)

Sounds a bit like the CCP way of thinking, arrested and imprisoned for 10 years, or the CCP's most used method, simply make them disappear.

YOU ARE 'RIGHT' ....... FIGHT FOR IT....... 

Knock those 'dictators' and the ARMY ouit of politics.......

Thailand..... and the Thai people I know.. (I love the 'Poor' Issan Thais best) deserve more than what this present gov't gives them.....

All of 'Issan' elderly and 'disabled' DESERVE MORE than 1 Submarine or 1 Tank costs...... 'DOWN WITH DICTATORSHIP'........ LETS HAVE A 'LOVABLE' THAILAND' again.....

Personally I think Prayut has done a decent job considering the challenge. Unlike many of the self imposed authorities who expect a country's institutional corruption to turn around in 5 years,  I feel he had started to make a small difference. Now that the election has reintroduced the politicians this will likely be reversed. In the meantime this country remains one of the safest in the world. Far from perfect, but safer than most. Imo

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

With such low new virus cases, it's simply unwise to stifle the economy and declare emergency. Millions of people are suffering from unemployment in Thailand.

More people die of car accidents in Thailand than Covid-19.

The real purpose of restricting movements is to stifle protests against government.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Looks like you've done a complete about turn, you used to be one of the military's biggest fans. Come to think of it, the rest of the cheerleaders seem to have taken a vow of silence these days.

I call it as I see it, said it then and I will repeat it just for you, I will be one of the first to call them out and I have for the last 2 years now - for a time there might have been some hope that Prayut would be an honourable man - he's only slightly worse than the Shins and the Reds - they all have one thing in common - enriching themselves, power corrupts and it is even worse when you already had the power coming from a Thai military background - ex military have no place in a government in a country pretending to be a democracy - it will not end well unfortunately 

• Like 1

if no one has been able to see that the constitution and the 2 supplementary issues that the Thai people voted YES to were knitted together in such a way that it would give the military junta, which was in power for 4 years, the power, and which will get  the dictator himself, to sit in power for as long as he pleases, then they must be blind.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

(Police deputy spokesman Pol Colonel Kritsana Pattanacharoen said that National Police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijnda has assigned high-ranking police officers, including deputy National Police chief Suwat Jaengyodsook, to take care of the situation.)

Sounds a bit like the CCP way of thinking, arrested and imprisoned for 10 years, or the CCP's most used method, simply make them disappear.

Communism........... within this present 'Regime'........ Is making it's move........ (flexing it's muscle'.....)

2 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

The military allone does not worry me as much. It are mainly the politicians that are de cause of all evil. 

The general did not bad, he cleaned up a lot until he had to call general elections ( ???? ). Now he has to share powers with (corrupt) politicians again. Now he has to listen to them or the government will fall. Look at those in Parliament, same people, same families for example the Chidchob's. Chai (dead), Newin (BBC bankruptcy, the gang of 16, FC Buriram etc etc), another brother is still hiding in Cambodia after murdering a fellow MP (do TV members know), after Newin was not allowed his wife Karuna took over, daughter of Chiang Mai Construction (remember problems with MHS airport and the road from CNX to CEI (Chiang Rai). Now we have another Chidchob that has transportation (influence in THAI and CAAT +++) This is just 1 family. Asawahim (hiding in Cambodia) , Archa silpa, the sons of Kamnam Pho (who is hiding in Cambodia himself), the Chinawatra's (difficult to follow where they are all hiding) the list is endless.

Please check all those (previous student protesters) who used to protest in the 70,80,90 ties and later on. You would surprised how many serve in the government and high public service places.

It all start at kindergarten level where they prepare them to obey the elite. Corruption at every single level in society and they don't mind and except it (as been told from the start). ???? The boys in Blue own the sky and airports, they make a lot of money and are happy. The boys in brown own the streets and make a lot of money. The navy keeps quit because they get aircraft carriers and submarines if they don't annoy  the others so the only thing left for the boys in green are the coups ????  It is not complicated as you can see.

I am guessing you know where all the bodies are buried!  Send me the list in a PM....to many government spies on open forum. ????

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

With such low new virus cases, it's simply unwise to stifle the economy and declare emergency. Millions of people are suffering from unemployment in Thailand.

More people die of car accidents in Thailand than Covid-19.

The real purpose of restricting movements is to stifle protests against government.

the reason the numbers are so low could be because of the restrictions. If they started allowing tourists back in, the virus could start spreading out of control, and then what? Would that then lead to even more restrictions? Even more unemployment? At least now everything is open except tourism?

• Sad 1