Youth launch protest against 'deep-rooted Thai dictatorship'

rooster59

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You mentioned numerous times about protestors getting shot in this thread , in this thread about protests .

If there havent been any shootings at the protests , not sure why you keep mentioning shooting protestors , when no protestors have been shot

Someone else mentioned that CCTV had been covered so the army could use snipers to shoot protesters. Another member said that this was a sign of progress. I called this member out for being abhorrent and crass for his comment. 

Never once did I say that anyone was doing any shooting. You just made that narrative up all by yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You mentioned numerous times about protestors getting shot in this thread , in this thread about protests .

If there havent been any shootings at the protests , not sure why you keep mentioning shooting protestors , when no protestors have been shot

To quote one of your own favourite phrases “ why dont you read all the thread before commenting” 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you don't know what the military and its fellow travellers in this country are capable of, to suppress dissent when they feel their privileges and loyalties are threatened, read an impartial history of political Thailand from WWII to the '70s and beyond.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

And somehow you've stumbled upon the perfect advice for yourself, because no one ever said that the army were shooting protesters. You're the only member who assumed they did because you didn't read the thread properly; therefore, you had no context.

I didnt assume anything , I just asked you a question to clarify what you were referring to .

This new generation is directly concerned about the state of their country and the Virus has nothing

to do with it. It all started when the military kicked out the democratically elected civilian government.

That was 4 years ago, since then Thailand has been going downhill at a scary pace.

This government will be written in history books for next generations to read them.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/police-exploring-legal-action-against-democracy-monument-protest-leaders/

Police exploring legal action against Democracy Monument protest leaders

• July 20, 2020
%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%8A%E0%

Thai police are collecting evidence as a basis for possible legal action against the organizers and leaders of the anti-government protest at the Democracy Monument on Saturday.

Representatives of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, the Crime Suppression Division, the Technology Crime Suppression Division, the Special Branch, Samranrat, Nang Loeng and Chanasongkram police stations met Monday with Pol Gen Suwat Chaengyodsook, the national deputy police chief, for about three hours, to explore the possibility of taking legal action against those responsible for the protest.

• Sad 4

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The reason being that from 2002 to 2006, the stock price of Shin Corporation increased from 38 to 104 baht, up 173%.

Not only. Soon after he got into office he introduced open skies, and one of the first airlines to be launched was his air Asia Thai...

He also made a lot of money from the airport building contacts. And some good real estate deals...

And how did shin corp's stock increase? Well, one reason was that 1 billion baht deal they (he) made with Myanmar for satellite communications, for which the Myanmar government didn't have money to pay so the Thai government loaned them the money. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/police-exploring-legal-action-against-democracy-monument-protest-leaders/

• July 20, 2020

Thai police are collecting evidence as a basis for possible legal action against the organizers and leaders of the anti-government protest at the Democracy Monument on Saturday.

Representatives of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, the Crime Suppression Division, the Technology Crime Suppression Division, the Special Branch, Samranrat, Nang Loeng and Chanasongkram police stations met Monday with Pol Gen Suwat Chaengyodsook, the national deputy police chief, for about three hours, to explore the possibility of taking legal action against those responsible for the protest.

terrible, Thailand is sliding down the hill at the rate of knots. Doesn't take a genius to see where it is heading. i feel for the people who have made Thailand their adopted home and are stuck there, for everyone else it is surely time to jump ship.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, jimn said:

Thailand was a far safer and better place for the average Thai under Thaksin. For those rich ones living in Bangkok its different. Thaksin was good for Thailand.

a Thai doctor I know said, back then, Thaksin was like a coin - one side was silver, the other side was black. we're in Asia, and we know so little of what is going on, in there behind the mask.

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

• July 20, 2020

Of course they are, can't have the riff-raff standing-up for themselves in an effort of advancing the country, it will erode the lucrative benefits that far to many take as their God-given-right. 

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 5:51 PM, Hayduke said:

You have to applaud their idealism, respect their patriotism, and admire their courage....but the odds are still stacked steeply against them.

Unfortunately…the greedy, opportunistic gang of thugs that has stolen their country will only leave when they are forced out at gunpoint by new gang of greedy, opportunistic thugs.

And the cycle of uniformed banditry will continue….

yes, my real life experience force me to support statement above.

yes, all countries are dictatorships and nothing going to change.

8 minutes ago, olfu said:

yes, my real life experience force me to support statement above.

yes, all countries are dictatorships and nothing going to change.

Some dictatorships are more equal than others, I like to think George would agree

Western countries give a platform to a multitude of views. 

Now, one can be cynical and say yes, but business interests, vast funds, can undermine any threat to their hegemony.

But that's got to be better than the overt suppressive methods prevalent in many developing countries 

I totally do sympathize with these brave young people who are opinionwise representing the large majority of Thais. However these peaceful demonstrations tends to become less peaceful as tensions build up. They are in their total right to demonstrate and express their demands. But once the police goes in and makes arrests, things will turn ugly and hell can brake lose. However it's not 1976 it's 2020, the world is watching and social media is a powerful weapon. I seriously doubt the army can repeat the Thammasat university slaughter, that happend 1976 in Bangkok, on a nationwide scale and get away with it. Regardless it's the same generals and their descent still ruling the country as it was then...

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 2:59 AM, steven100 said:

They must be bored.  disperse them .... 

You have a funny sense of humour. 

(you are being sarcastic most of the time right? I hope so...)

14 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

terrible, Thailand is sliding down the hill at the rate of knots. Doesn't take a genius to see where it is heading. i feel for the people who have made Thailand their adopted home and are stuck there, for everyone else it is surely time to jump ship.

funny post of the day...'Thailand is sliding down the hill at the rate of knots. you do know knots is a unit of measure for travelling over water? I agree Bangkok is sinking under the water - and yes, the good ship Thaitanic2 is sliding under the water.

On 7/19/2020 at 8:28 AM, TooBigToFit said:

This story came out yesterday during the day. It took a while for news to cover it and this forum avoided it as well. I'm glad that it finally is allowed here on this forum. We need to live with the whole truth. Mainstream media out of fear or censoring usually doesn't show much on these events.

It surfaced in BKK on google news service according to my international source 

On 7/19/2020 at 3:44 PM, holy cow cm said:

Because it is not a real Democratic country and because there are other underlying causes they support and guard. You ever try to take a bone away from an angry dog?

They are implying the actions are pointless....even dogs must give up their bones from time to time.