Front motorbike license plate

Dellian

5 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Yes. Thai law says it must be on the back.

This is purely for aesthetics. The Thai license plate will still be on the back.

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

If you speeding? Speed cams will catch you, so therefor I take of my malaysian registration when coming back over the border.

Luckily I don't speed. 

• Like 2

If OP you mean not have a plate at the back but just one at the front, then have your tea money ready if stopped by police...! ????

But I like the idea of avoiding cameras,  until you are caught by the police..., can always pretend you didn't know, and put it in front because in your country in Mars, that's how they do it...! ? lol ????

Don't give the Them  ideas.They'll want to mandate a front plate.They keep wanting to re-introduce a front plate in Australia after we got rid of it for safety years ago.They reckon they'rlosing revenue from not picking up bikes front on with speed cameras

The issue would be if you fitted a license plate that was not manufactured and issued by the Land Transport Department.

If you have a "show plate" fitted to your bike and then you ride it on a public carriageway you have committed an offence as only genuine plates can be fitted and displayed on a public carriageway.

I do understand that the original, genuine plate would still be fitted on the rear of the bike in addition, but in this case it wouldn't matter.

That's to answer your question. The reality of the situation on the ground is that some people don't even have a license plate at all. If you are stopped it might cost you a couple of hundred baht.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blackcab said:

The issue would be if you fitted a license plate that was not manufactured and issued by the Land Transport Department.

If you have a "show plate" fitted to your bike and then you ride it on a public carriageway you have committed an offence as only genuine plates can be fitted and displayed on a public carriageway.

I do understand that the original, genuine plate would still be fitted on the rear of the bike in addition, but in this case it wouldn't matter.

That's to answer your question. The reality of the situation on the ground is that some people don't even have a license plate at all. If you are stopped it might cost you a couple of hundred baht.

Appreciate the reply. Not worth the trouble. Thanks blackcab.