Getting back to the UK without quarantine? Any ideas?

Marjf

I want to get back to the UK for early / mid September so I don't lack time to plan nor (for this purpose) money.   I have a small apartment with no garden in England and 14 days with no going out (particularly coming from Samui with no covid) seems severe.   Hoping that there is a chance that the UK govt will change this silly policy but if not ...  I wondered where I could have a fourteen day holiday en route home?  That is a country which will allow me to arrive from Thailand without quarantine and stay for fourteen days that the UK will then accept me from without need to stay home.   Very open and looking for lovely options with good weather.   Any ideas please?   If there are any countries ...

Edited by Marjf
Adding

see list of exempt countries here
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#countries-and-territories-with-no-self-isolation-on-arrival-in-england

see country entry requirements
https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions
https://www.trip.com/travel-restrictions-covid-19/
https://www.officeholidays.com/coronavirus/

if you got the funds for the flights
Jamaica is a nice option
not sure what transit rules may be for flights via US

Edited by innosiem

35 minutes ago, CLS said:

You can go to a Schengen country,  stay there for 14 days and then continue your journey to the UK. No quarantine required.

Agree with CLS, Schengen countries are most likely your best option. I am starting to consider that option. 

There are plenty of places to visit for a 14 day period. However check whats on the list, eg portugal are not listed.

Keep an eye on which countries could change policies quickly and the risk you have of getting trapped somewhere.

I would not go any where near the USA, the way they are going its possible that their borders could be closed completely.

It the figures keep rising, Countries may not want anybody thats been through the USA for fear of infection.

Edited by jojothai
clarification

If I were to go, i would be looking at Greece (Athens / islands), Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice) and France (Paris and/or the south). 

All have lovely places to go and the weather should still be good.

Italy could be a bit more chilly in the north and maybe more risky for Covid.

For Swimming go to the Mediterranean places. Greece, South of Italy and france.

Spain may seem good but watch the covid figures, they were getting some increase recently.

Edited by jojothai

Daily Figures below from Worldometers. Greece appears to have spiked a bit recently, but the figures are still low, rank 99 on worldometers.
Also consider Cyprus, its a nice place fairly cheap and with good climate.

covid 4 coutries.JPG

Edited by jojothai
clarify source

Thanks to everybody who replied.  Europe it is - unless the UK relent in the next few weeks.  The only direct flight I can find from BKK is to Paris which is not my preference (want to be more south).    There are some options with transit in Europe which I'm guessing will be fine however I wondered if there were any implications to quarantine if transiting in Doha or any of the Emirates?   Will do the research myself but if somebody knows or can point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.   Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Marjf said:

The only direct flight I can find from BKK is to Paris which is not my preference (want to be more south).

Lufthansa, Swiss and KLM all have regular flights too, although perhaps not daily.

My understanding is that if you have a transit where you can mix with people from all over then quaarantine will be required, but I'm not sure how this is practised.