Trump pledges COVID outbreak coming under control as Florida cases surge for fifth day

webfact

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

WestBro Baptist

Im from the north in America, Massachusetts to be exact. I could give a ratz <deleted> about that flag. If they want to fly it its up to them. Its like flying the BLM or Antifa flags same freaking thing. Both those flags annoy and disturb me!

• Sad 1

The only thing Trump has learned from his biology class at school is, that he like to touch women between their legs without permission. Everything that goes beyond, what a virus is, how a virus is structured, how viruses can be transmitted, goes through his IQ. He just doesn't understand it.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Instead of expanding testing, the Trump administration wants to block $25 billion for states to conduct testing and contact tracing, according to reports in The Washington Post and the New York Times.

Exactly what authoritarian regimes do

Tired of winning yet ????

Edited by Redline
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That would be a good start. But, politics in the US has descended to such a toxic level, I am not sure if people with noble qualities will ever seek the office again. Biden is about as good as it is going to get, in our lifetimes. He is a truly decent man. Looking forward to his upcoming presidency, and the ouster of the imposter. 

I'll be surprised if Trump doesn't win against Biden.

You've got to have better candidates?

I'd suggest you look for a white married heterosexual male with children in their 40s/50s with no past record of accusations of criminal acts or sexual impropriety. How hard could that be?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The best way to battle the virus is to stop testing, and stop reporting case and fatalaity figures. No testting, no "cases". No death certificates, no deaths.

In other news, since I stopped weighing myself I am no longer overweight. Next up, no more pesky BP measurements.

Yeah. 

I think I will spring for that yacht I've been craving which I can now magically afford due to not looking at my bank account. 

On 7/20/2020 at 12:13 PM, Redline said:

Exactly what authoritarian regimes do

Tired of winning yet ????

And make efforts at the federal and individual state levels under Republican governors to withhold and/or obscure data on CV hospitalizations, hospital occupancy rates, even CV test results.

Just one example among many:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

Trump Administration Strips C.D.C. of Control of Coronavirus Data

But the Health and Human Services database that will receive new information is not open to the public, which could affect the work of scores of researchers, modelers and health officials who rely on C.D.C. data to make projections and crucial decisions.

Public health experts have long expressed concerns that the Trump administration is politicizing science and undermining its health experts, in particular the C.D.C.; four of the agency’s former directors, spanning both Republican and Democratic administrations, said as much in an opinion piece published Tuesday in The Washington Post. The data collection shift reinforced those fears.

In Florida, a former data manager for the Health Department accused one of her superiors of directing her to “manipulate” data used in the state’s plan to lift stay-at-home orders this spring.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 2

A post with a link to a Conspiracy-Pseudoscience site has been removed.

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Interesting, I've found the scaremongering sites are the sites that say the ifr and such are distorted to be much higher than all the data shows.  Data shows ifr to be way less than 1%, yet the scaremongers post nonsense like 4-5%.  Seems to me these scaremongers incorrect data should be checked, not data based on numerous studies and results.

Currently looking at Euro momo, actual deaths above average are at normal levels indicating all these fear and scaremongering posts are completely wrong.

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Interesting, I've found the scaremongering sites are the sites that say the ifr and such are distorted to be much higher than all the data shows.  Data shows ifr to be way less than 1%, yet the scaremongers post nonsense like 4-5%.  Seems to me these scaremongers incorrect data should be checked, not data based on numerous studies and results.

Currently looking at Euro momo, actual deaths above average are at normal levels indicating all these fear and scaremongering posts are completely wrong.

Worldwide closed case fatality rate, cfr, is currently 6.68828%.

Of 9,524,614 reported cases who have recovered (one way or the other) 613,344 died and 8,911,270 survived, but some have permanent injury. Some of the current 5,334,304 active cases will also die, but most will live. Check it out. Worldometers

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Worldwide closed case fatality rate, cfr, is currently 6.68828%.

Of 9,524,614 cases who have recovered (one way or the other) 613,344 died and 8,911,270 survived, but some have permanent injury. Some the current 5,334,304 active cases will also die, but most will live. Check it out. Worldometers.  

Obviously you're not taking into account the exponential amount of asymptomatic cases that are acknowledged worldwide.  Asymptomatic carriers are not a secret.

Actual ifr rates ( even including the super unhealthy with multiple co morbidities along with those in nursing homes that had covid brought to them ) are somewhere between .26% and around .65% depending on who you choose to believe.

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

<snip>

With a slow economy and number of Covid cases way down this seems quite as expected for most of Europe. Where are you seeing gear and scaremongering [posts for Europe at the moment? Prudent policy there seems to be slow opening up, which is exactly what is happening in most countries. 

26 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Obviously you're not taking into account the exponential amount of asymptomatic cases that are acknowledged worldwide.  Asymptomatic carriers are not a secret.

Actual ifr rates ( even including the super unhealthy with multiple co morbidities along with those in nursing homes that had covid brought to them ) are somewhere between .26% and around .65% depending on who you choose to believe.

That's why it says reported cases.

If you can provide records for unrecorded cases, they can make official numbers for those too. Grated, there are substantial asymptomatic and unreported cases but estimates vary wildly without reliable numbers and are often politicised. There are also substantial numbers of unrecorded deaths, I think Ecuador estimated at least 2 out of 3 deaths went unrecorded. That's why they stick to official numbers. All it says is if you are diagnosed, these are your odds, ignoring all other factors.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

Why don't you provide one of these sources that you choose to believe?

• Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 9:48 AM, geriatrickid said:

Iinsulting post. Why make this sort of nonsensical claim?

The states that did not mandate lockdowns did not have the high number of  infections in March. They  assumed they would escape unscathed.  They are shutting down now. They have no choice. Their hospital beds are filled and people are fed up with the inaction.

On 7/20/2020 at 8:32 AM, Siamjim said:

study shows their is an increase in infections but also a decrease in deaths and those states that did not mandate a lock down had 75% less deaths...won't hear these on MSM >  REUTERS

Florida's population elected an incompetent Governor. They had  the option of electing someone somewhat better, but this is the choice they must  now die with.  I predict that  Florida  votes convincingly for the Democrat party in November.

As for increasing infections with decreasing deaths, that is not nonsense.

613753169_ScreenShot2020-07-12at1_33_14AM.thumb.png.831793f05604c9d7d7058651de698fa5.png

2119586921_ScreenShot2020-07-12at1_32_26AM.thumb.png.299cebb4c74349f4387abd9115b19ae3.png

Here's the data that I follow.  From the CDC.  Just the deaths.  Not the reported cases that will vary wildly depending on the number of tests.  Take from it what you will...

It's not 100% accurate because of the lagtime between a death and the recording of the death certificate, but the trend is pretty unmistakable.  And no "2nd wave" after Memorial Day weekend at the beach, BLM protests, and the general foxhole fatigue that's driving millions out of our bunkers and back into the world.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

Covid 200711b.jpg

Edited by impulse