Geopolitical position of Thailand

Sundown

The world is at the verge of a crisis with China, the US secretary of state Pompeo stated: 

"We are watching the world unite to come to understand the threat from the Chinese Communist Party".

Considering that the anti-chinese sentiment is growing among other influential countries, what will Thailand do?

Thailand is historically allied to USA but also as we all know highly dependent on China, especially with the current "government".

What the current government will do IF there will be a military outbreak of the crisis?

3 hours ago, Sundown said:

What the current government will do IF there will be a military outbreak of the crisis?

...nothing at all other than quash any uprising. Pro Chine negative USA. Democracy monument on Sat was a small testing of the waters. Paymaster generals and affiliates will always suceeed. West was previously best but now East is the focus and comittment under current Junta.

I have talked to my wife about this a lot recently - being stuck outside, there's little to talk about every day - weather fine, too much weed on blackpool beach, etc - and seriously thinking about moving plans to bring her and our daughter to the UK when my tenants lease ends in the future. I have enough money bring her to the UK with a move up north, and the problems arising from Thailand currently are worrying with xenophobia, covid and junta not doing anything democratically.

I think the next couple of years are going to show which way Thailand will go, more Chinese politically orientated or western, and with the current junta and voting system, it seems to be leaning more Chinese.

So, for me, watch and wait a little and then get them out as quick as possible if it goes more bits up

8 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I have talked to my wife about this a lot recently - being stuck outside, there's little to talk about every day - weather fine, too much weed on blackpool beach, etc - and seriously thinking about moving plans to bring her and our daughter to the UK when my tenants lease ends in the future. I have enough money bring her to the UK with a move up north, and the problems arising from Thailand currently are worrying with xenophobia, covid and junta not doing anything democratically.

I think the next couple of years are going to show which way Thailand will go, more Chinese politically orientated or western, and with the current junta and voting system, it seems to be leaning more Chinese.

So, for me, watch and wait a little and then get them out as quick as possible if it goes more bits up

I can understand wanting a move out of Thailand however the grass is not always greener. Thais, in my experience, don't do well with relocation away from familiar climate, food, family and friends. Oh and it's freakin miserable in the UK weather wise for 8 (unpredictable) months of the year.

If you understand the Thai Smile then they will appease both countries. The problem is if this Junta allows China to get dug in here too much and cannot reverse the damage. Then that is not ok. The junta is already trying to go AI with CC cameras same as the China Commies. This means expect more authoritative control and suppression.