EU leaders take 'last steps' for recovery deal after days of squabbling

webfact

54 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Is this 'loans' or 'grants'?

Can be added to the 1 trillion Euros of Target 2 debt.

Both but not the 2-1 split they wanted. Plus future rebates for The Dutch, Swedes, Danes and Austrians. 

7 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Farage had one of the worst attendance records of any MEP. How is that earning his money?

He also had to pay back a large proportion of his expenses after being caught fiddling them How is that earning his money?

Sorry but you're missing the point, Farage had no interest in the EU or its workings, he had one aim from the start to get us out from the inside, if they are paying him a pension more the fools at the EU, shows you how they waste money

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Sorry but you're missing the point, Farage had no interest in the EU or its workings, he had one aim from the start to get us out from the inside, if they are paying him a pension more the fools at the EU, shows you how they waste money

Many Westminster MP's have expenses that are double their salaries, I believe expenses are tax free.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It’s good that we Europeans are helping each other.

It’s disappointing that we still don’t have enough balls to punish the Eastern-European populists and enemies of democracy. 

no it isnt  lest you are one of the beggars

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

This is the Lords. Not our diligent and conscientious Commons.

Sorry---nauseus your right---- Took the wrong picture, it was from a magazine showing both houses asleep. So as its the lords we can add another 100 who we think are dead but have to test it by waving a pay packet just withing their grasp, where Rigor mortise has not set in, they do make a grab for it

UNITED KINGDOM : THE HOUSE OF LORDS

I - COMPOSITION

760 members : all un-elected

- 646 Life Peers appointed by Crown on the advice of the Prime Minister.

- 25 archbishops and bishops.

- 92 Hereditary Peers (Including 2 Women).

Total with Commons -- 1,360 .(not counting Scotland's parliament) ..UK population             66.65 million.......

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Yes, it is. And I’m paying a lot of “beggars”. Which most of the people commenting in these threads with mediocre spelling don’t. 

list the reasons as to why you think its good to hand out unconditional allowance 

Interestingly Ireland who are 1% of the EUs population are expected to be the 5th largest contributer into the EUs coffers. Maybe the Irish might be singing from a different song sheet shortly. Irexit?

IMG_20200722_094927.jpg

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Sorry---nauseus your right---- Took the wrong picture, it was from a magazine showing both houses asleep. So as its the lords we can add another 100 who we think are dead but have to test it by waving a pay packet just withing their grasp, where Rigor mortise has not set in, they do make a grab for it

UNITED KINGDOM : THE HOUSE OF LORDS

I - COMPOSITION

760 members : all un-elected

- 646 Life Peers appointed by Crown on the advice of the Prime Minister.

- 25 archbishops and bishops.

- 92 Hereditary Peers (Including 2 Women).

Total with Commons -- 1,360 .(not counting Scotland's parliament) ..UK population             66.65 million.......

Thanks for that. Not an unusual scene from the Lords, I suppose. With the distancing these days the MPs have more chance to nod off too. Not sure how expenses work during this viral period.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Thanks for that. Not an unusual scene from the Lords, I suppose. With the distancing these days the MPs have more chance to nod off too. Not sure how expenses work during this viral period.  

Have a guess nauseus...... but will I give you a clue.....Example= 40 years ago, after bashing in a young girls head, then running away a certain Lord  still gets paid..........so whats the chances of this 760, missing out on a days pay?

Lord Lucan the playboy peer, once considered for the role of James Bond, is now assumed to be dead, but his remaining Irish tenants have continued to pay thousands of euro to his estate in ground rents..

https://www.independent.ie/life/irish-tenants-still-pay-up-for-vanished-peer-lord-lucan-30779235.html

30 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Have a guess nauseus...... but will I give you a clue.....Example= 40 years ago, after bashing in a young girls head, then running away a certain Lord  still gets paid..........so whats the chances of this 760, missing out on a days pay?

Lord Lucan the playboy peer, once considered for the role of James Bond, is now assumed to be dead, but his remaining Irish tenants have continued to pay thousands of euro to his estate in ground rents..

https://www.independent.ie/life/irish-tenants-still-pay-up-for-vanished-peer-lord-lucan-30779235.html

Not sure of the relevance of the attached story. FYI Lord (7th Earl) Lucan is indeed assumed dead but there were reports of him being in Thailand for a time about 30 years ago. The Lucan family estate still exists and I see that Lucan's son (8th Earl) and his new son are alive.

19 hours ago, nauseus said:
21 hours ago, 7by7 said:

He also had to pay back a large proportion of his expenses after being caught fiddling them How is that earning his money?

What expenses?

Nigel Farage among Ukip MEPs accused of misusing EU funds

Nigel Farage has MEP salary docked to recoup misspent EU funds

Farage claimed the EU were being vindictive. But he has never explained what a member of his staff, Christopher Adams who is also Ukip’s national nominating officer, was doing which was EU business.

He's also been in trouble for failing to declare outside funding and gifts: EU to investigate Nigel Farage over expenses funded by Arron Banks

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nauseus said:

No I mean all of the Eurosponges that collect the serious money. 

Look at his record and you'll see that Farage is certainly near the top of that list.

Edited by 7by7
typos
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, vogie said:

Interestingly Ireland who are 1% of the EUs population are expected to be the 5th largest contributer into the EUs coffers. Maybe the Irish might be singing from a different song sheet shortly. Irexit?

Only Brexiteers have the primitive thinking of “we are paying for someone else”. Who’s paying for

whom in the UK? 

19 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

He should have been there---working hard like his fellow MPs in London....................................:coffee1:

650 MPs elected 32 turned up this day.........I think 5 stayed awake....of course they all collected their pay-packet

image.png.175a8148bcf3c584f577fd8216a2b123.png

They're not elected MPs, that is the House of Lords.

However, whilst not in the chamber, many members of both houses are still working on committees etc. That is not the case with Farage.

But two wrongs do not make a right.

14 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Farage didn't have to take his salary for doing nothing, didn't have to fiddle his expenses, didn't have to accept money from Banks without declaring it.

Do you really believe he did all this for your sake!

If so, send me your bank details as I have same money I need to get out of Nigeria!

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Not sure of the relevance of the attached story. FYI Lord (7th Earl) Lucan is indeed assumed dead but there were reports of him being in Thailand for a time about 30 years ago. The Lucan family estate still exists and I see that Lucan's son (8th Earl) and his new son are alive.

We agree on this one.

Neither the 7th Earl nor the 8th have any relevance to anything in this topic. This includes HoL attendance allowances; which neither of them receive.

The 7th Earl because he's presumed dead, the 8th because  the title was one of the many hereditary peerages excluded from membership under the House of Lords Act 1999.

Edited by 7by7
typos

18 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Only Brexiteers have the primitive thinking of “we are paying for someone else”. Who’s paying for

whom in the UK? 

Cough up and dig deep.????????????

18 hours ago, bartender100 said:

If there was no payments .  Farage,  would not be there ..

Edited by elliss