SSO Payments to get Non-B

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get a 12 month Non-B visa from Bangkok Immigration. Me and my business partner have 6-8 Thai staff for last 3 months. My understanding was that we cannot get a Non-B because we don't meet the SSO payments requirement of 8 staff.

But then a visa agent told me that it's possible to pay SSO related amounts "late" and for historical months to fix the problem. Can anyone share experience on this or confirm if this is true? Apparently, salaries don't need to be paid out. Only social security needs to be filed/paid. 

Yes, possible to be done. Usual fees are around 35k all in, plus SSO fees and "penalty" of 2% per employee per month.

Additional staff can usually be had for 1k a pop.

Not sure if it's double the fee for extra applications but no doubt something along those lines.

Technically not illegal as you are hitting all of the requirements and SSO is still being paid out, you're just essentially paying for someone to handle all of the documents and hassle with late payments/backdating.

• Like 2

No worries @Matt199 ????

Unfortunately it's 1 enrolment per employee per SSO, so 1 person with 2x SSO can't be done.
You might find some Thai who would take a 1 off payment for the hassle of their ID but then you start to muddy the waters into "too dodgy" territory, plus Thai tend to be (and probably rightly so!) pretty dubious about signing anything.

Usually your lawyer would have a solution for this as long as you cover the fees involved with processing them into the system. As you said earlier - technically no need for salaries to be paid up just like registered capital is "on paper".

• Like 1

Backdating should be no problem, got this as an option from my lawyer recently - BUT that included some direct payment, perhaps because of the short timeframe as the new amnesty was not certain.

They DO inspect, going rate to accept 1-3 workers not being there is 2000 for each - but would not recommend setting up a pure straw company...

I've got 2 workers that I intended to employ for real, then the virus-thing happened a few months in. Still got them on the payroll, their workplace is at my lawyers office - virtual address for me where they'd know how to handle inspections!

What makes me wonder a bit is how the inspectors expect anyone to run a real, even modestly modern company when ALL workers are expected to stay put during office hours - for a lot of companies they need to be OUT there!

• Like 2

On 7/21/2020 at 2:01 PM, DaftToPutRealName said:

No worries @Matt199 ????

Unfortunately it's 1 enrolment per employee per SSO, so 1 person with 2x SSO can't be done.
You might find some Thai who would take a 1 off payment for the hassle of their ID but then you start to muddy the waters into "too dodgy" territory, plus Thai tend to be (and probably rightly so!) pretty dubious about signing anything.

Usually your lawyer would have a solution for this as long as you cover the fees involved with processing

them into the system. As you said earlier - technically no need for salaries to be paid up just like registered capital is "on paper".

@DaftToPutRealName Thanks for the extra info. Much appreciated! Question though, why would anyone need to sign anything? The way I understand it is you just need someone's ID, and that person should have their SSO being paid for, correct? 

1 hour ago, Matt199 said:

@DaftToPutRealName Thanks for the extra info. Much appreciated! Question though, why would anyone need to sign anything? The way I understand it is you just need someone's ID, and that person should have their SSO being paid for, correct? 

If you're going about the just paying SSO way then yeah, no need for a contract or anything to be signed. Still need their ID and probably good to have tabien baan as well.