Thailand mulls teaching convicts English and sending them to work abroad

webfact

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

wo of Thailand's greatest exports, hookers and convicts. Maybe they could train the convicts to become pimps - surely onto a winner there.

is that not just business management or business adminisrtation  courses, how to better manage your ho's
time management logistics then its a step up to drug dealing you have all the relevant skills all you need to do is promote a different product 
yaba fuelled ho's..

Thailands export figures will surely be impressive 

The question needs to be asked though why not teach them Chinese or do you just know China already said GTF out of here with that BS 

• Haha 1

This is truly, epicly funny.

Provide the nations criminals with skills and traing that honest working folk would kill for and cannot likely afford.

Sadly granted that esl is in such a dire state in most thai schools and universities, it is unlikely so much as an "I am fine thank you, and you?" will be acheived. 

I actually had to heck the calendar to make sure today isn't 1st April. Either this is one bad joke, or these guys have absolutely no idea (my money's on the former as I simply can't believe anybody wearing a suit can the that thick). 

If they provided a decent education whereby students learn not only how to speak foreign languages with some degree of fluency and coherence, but also skills and knowledge required to land decent jobs in today's world, then they wouldn't have to turn to a life of crime in the first place! Until the root of the problem is dealt with, there's never going to be an improvement in peoples' lives or the nation as a whole.

Invest in your youth; they are tomorrow's leaders and managers. 

Edited by djayz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand mulls teaching convicts English and sending them to work abroad

An absolutely fantastic idea...the country can make money while giving these unfortunate people a chance to reform themselves and become honest, productive citizens. A win-win.

cabinet 4.jpg

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1

The highest authorities in the land are coming together to export convicts. 

The country's jails are full to bursting with criminals and many have been deemed safe for release of one kind and another. 

Thailand's prison problem: Teach convicts English and send them off to work abroad!

This has to be Fake News, how can they even contemplate this lunacy when they can't successfully teach English to the younger generation who are in full time education .......................LOL

4 hours ago, rvaviator said:

What needs to be done is to buy an island somewhere .. and start a new 'Australia' ... If Australia managed to base its foundation on criminals ... Clearly this can be replicated, just need to find a suitable island .. ????

Well 2 islands I can think off. Ilha da Queimada Grande or better known as snake island About 1 snake per sq foot or North Sentinel island nobody as got on there and lived.

4 hours ago, rvaviator said:

What needs to be done is to buy an island somewhere .. and start a new 'Australia' ... If Australia managed to base its foundation on criminals ... Clearly this can be replicated, just need to find a suitable island .. ????

Koh Tao, or Koh Samui ???,...lots of criminals on the islands already !!!

What a bloody cheek!!  Sending their scum to other countries , who probably already have enough of their own.  Actually you have to laugh!.   Are they really so naive?  It's just so hard to believe.  Well I've got my bit of amusement for the day.

4 hours ago, Eibot said:

Thailand such ask their big friends if they have some extra space in their "re-education camps".

Bug success over there.

Thailand has plenty of experience with CIA black sites on its own soil unfortunately, and has shown plenty of expertise in forced disappearances of its own citizens  in Thailand and in neighbouring countries too. 

Excellent idea English speaking nations uk America Canada etc after this pandemic has left these countries with a shortage of people looking for work.

if going to states might be easier to say you’re Norwegian trump likes Norwegian,s

do you ever sense this is a wind up or perhaps they think let’s give the Thai visa a curve ball get them wound up

3 hours ago, Hayduke said:

An absolutely fantastic idea...the country can make money while giving these unfortunate people a chance to reform themselves and become honest, productive citizens. A win-win.

cabinet 4.jpg

First batch of inmates in class of 2020 looking for employment overseas