Marriage visa based on income Udon thani

Hi

I'm currently on a multi non o visa being married from savannakhet.

Thinking about applying for a marriage visa at Udon thani based on 40,000 a month income.

Has anyone recently been through this process and do they want proof of pension etc. Or can I just transfer over 40,000 a month into my Thai bank for 2 months then apply without showing proof of my UK income.

Thanks for any assistance

I have same question for Bangkok.

Proof of income is weird. The reason I go stay with my wife for a year is so I don't work for that year. I have income before I went to Thailand and will after I leave, not when I'm there in Thailand and can't work.

7 minutes ago, phungo said:

Proof of income is weird. The reason I go stay with my wife for a year is so I don't work for that year.

You can put 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months to apply for the extension.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They will probably ask for the source of you income.

Then I would be in "trouble" since source is simply my savings.

If I could get 400k together and put into my Bangkok Bank in mid August. Then apply in mid Sept (before Sept 26), would that count as seasoned for 2 months?

1 hour ago, phungo said:

If I could get 400k together and put into my Bangkok Bank in mid August. Then apply in mid Sept (before Sept 26), would that count as seasoned for 2 months?

No

It would be only be 1 month. Today to September 21st would be 2 months.

23 hours ago, phungo said:

Then I would be in "trouble" since source is simply my savings.

Did you already apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife or dependant thai child?  If not, you could apply for that extension and you would get a permission to stay for 60 days from day of application.  Applying Sept 25 will thus provide you with a permission to stay till Nov 23.  And that would give you ample time to meet the 2-month seasoning requirement for the 400K on your personal thai bank-account.

If you already 'used up' that 60-day extension of stay application (only one allowed per entry), you can still meet the 'no origins/source questions asked' 400K money-in-bank requirement, if you ensure that the 400K is latest 25 July (that's 2 days from now) on your personal thai bank-account.

If you cannot make that, you can transfer +40K from abroad during the months of August and September to your personal thai bank-account.  It is even recommended to do such a transfer during this month of July, as there are some IOs that - incorrectly - require 3 of such monthly income transfers with foreign origins proven, done before your 1-year extension of stay application day (latest 25 september).

However, when using that monthly income transfer method you need to prove the funds originated from abroad.  No problem, that would be easy to arrange and prove.

But some IOs MIGHT require that you also prove that the source of the monthly income transfers is from a steady monthly foreign income stream (like pension, dividends, rental income, etc.).  And some rogue IOs only accept an Embassy certified pension-statement.

Many IOs will simply accept your application using the monthly income transfer method with evidence of the foreign origins of the funds transferred.

So better check with your local IO and ask for the checklist they use when applying for such a 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.

In case you have the misfortune that your local IO would require you to provide evidence of the source of your monthly foreign income, relocating to a province with a more accomodating IO could be an option.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Did you already apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife or dependant thai child?  If not, you could apply for that extension and you would get a permission to stay for 60 days from day of application.  Applying Sept 25 will thus provide you with a permission to stay till Nov 23.  And that would give you ample time to meet the 2-month seasoning requirement for the 400K on your personal thai bank-account.

If you already 'used up' that 60-day extension of stay application (only one allowed per entry), you can still meet the 'no origins/source questions asked' 400K money-in-bank requirement, if you ensure that the 400K is latest 25 July (that's 2 days from now) on your personal thai bank-account.

If you cannot make that, you can transfer +40K from abroad during the months of August and September to your personal thai bank-account.  It is even recommended to do such a transfer during this month of July, as there are some IOs that - incorrectly - require 3 of such monthly income transfers with foreign origins proven, done before your 1-year extension of stay application day (latest 25 september).

However, when using that monthly income transfer method you need to prove the funds originated from abroad.  No problem, that would be easy to arrange and prove.

But some IOs MIGHT require that you also prove that the source of the monthly income transfers is from a steady monthly foreign income stream (like pension, dividends, rental income, etc.).  And some rogue IOs only accept an Embassy certified pension-statement.

Many IOs will simply accept your application using the monthly income transfer method with evidence of the foreign origins of the funds transferred.

So better check with your local IO and ask for the checklist they use when applying for such a 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.

In case you have the misfortune that your local IO would require you to provide evidence of the source of your monthly foreign income, relocating to a province with a more accomodating IO could be an option.

Thank you PererDenis.

I stupidly used my 60 day extension a couple of days after they announced the amnesty in April. Im quite annoyed that the IO didnt tell us anything. I won't be able to have enough time to get 400k transferred to my thai bank in time.

I have used Transferwise for this month and will do so again next month's 40k.

The issue I will have is like how you described regarding agent asking for source of funds.

When you say relocating to a more friendly province, can I simply just apply at different province even though i live in bangkok or do i have to rent at a different province as well? This seems like a lot of work that wouldn't help much since i have no idea which province is friendly or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phungo said:

Thank you Peter Denis.

I stupidly used my 60 day extension a couple of days after they announced the amnesty in April. Im quite annoyed that the IO didn't tell us anything. I won't be able to have enough time to get 400k transferred to my thai bank in time.

I have used Transferwise for this month and will do so again next month's 40k.

The issue I will have is like how you described regarding agent asking for source of funds.

When you say relocating to a more friendly province, can I simply just apply at different province even though i live in bangkok or do i have to rent at a different province as well? This seems like a lot of work that wouldn't help much since i have no idea which province is friendly or not.

OK, so the 60-day extension of stay option is OUT.

But you still have 2 days to get a total of +400K on your Thai bank-account.

There is NO need to prove origins nor source of that 400K, so if you can just lend it cash from friends/relatives in Thailand and put it on your personal thai bank-account ultimately Friday afternoon 24 July, that would still be OK. 

Note 25 July is a Saturday, so it needs to be done Friday 24 July.

If not possible, it would be a matter of opening a thread on the Forum to ask for Member experience whether at CW (your IO) they require you to prove the source of the monthly income when using the monthly-income transfer method.

If cases indicate that CW does not ask that additional sourcing evidence (it is at the discretion of the officer handling your application), then you are fine.

If not, temporary relocation to a more accomodating IO in another province is indicated.

You would need to get a rental contract for a place in that other province, and with that rental contract then do your TM30 (or TM27) to administratively relocate their.  You do not need to physically relocate to that other province if you prefer staying in Bangkok.

To avoid all that hassle, the 400K on your thai bank-account latest Friday 24 July (in two days) is really worth going for!