New Amnesty - apply for 1 year non O

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Some people said that about 1st August, yet here we are, and the early panic brigade all wasted their 60 day option. Wait until September 23rd ........ then decide what options there are.

But do ensure that you meet the 2-months seasoning of your funds on a personal thai bank-account, which is required when applying for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa.

That might be your only option left to stay, in case it turns out that September 26 is 'end of the line' and land-borders are not open yet.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Some people said that about 1st August, yet here we are, and the early panic brigade all wasted their 60 day option. Wait until September 23rd ........ then decide what options there are.

This is the final call for all passengers who are eligible and meet the requirements for extensions, to do so before Sept 26th, or depart, because from Sept 27th your on overstay.

They want to get their house back in order and for you to sort your Immigration status out.

If your going to wait until Sept 23rd to make a decision in the hope the route to HCMC or Savannakhet opens, you better get down to your local Temple every day and light as many candles as you can and pray for a miracle, because the Messiah has already left the building.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

If your going to wait until Sept 23rd to make a decision in the hope the route to HCMC or Savannakhet opens, you better get down to your local Temple every day and light as many candles as you can and pray for a miracle, because the Messiah has already left the building.

I'm waiting in the expectation of another amnesty extension.

My Non-O is valid until April 2021, no need to visit Suvannakhet or HCMC.

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I presume that you are referring to the due date of your current 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa.  If not, you might be in for a rude awakening.

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not happening, the final curtain comes down on Sept 26th.

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's worthless unless a border reopens beforehand.

Your permission of stay has expired though, your on amnesty same as many others.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

This is the final call for all passengers who are eligible and meet the requirements for extensions, to do so before Sept 26th, or depart, because from Sept 27th your on overstay.

They want to get their house back in order and for you to sort your Immigration status out.

I wouldn't count on easy border options to be available by then. Whenever land and air borders do open in the region, they'll all re-open within days of each other, as happened when they closed...

There is always some chance that borders within the region could be open by late September but as you have correctly suggested and as the notice indicates, applicants really need to get their extensions done on or prior to Sep 26.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I doubt there will be another amnesty extension...indications are this is the last one. I assume you mean your visa is valid until then. That's not relevant unless you can travel. My visa is also valid until Mar 2021, but I expect to do a 60-day extension in September and then a 1-year extension in late November. This assumes borders still aren't open by then. I have plenty of time to prepare.

My advice to you is - be prepared to extend in late September, in the final days before the deadline draws to a close. While there is always a small chance of another limited extension, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Although the recent extension was almost inevitable, with the world slowly opening up again, I don't think there will be another one. Other countries like Indonesia have already given tourists a notice to leave since July 13 (they have one month to depart). New Zealand originally extended visitor visas from March 25 to Sep 25, which is a similar date to Thailand. This to me indicates something.

Edited by drbeach
  • Confused 1

On 7/24/2020 at 8:00 AM, MrKFC said:

OK - that's what I had in mind. Last stamp was a land entry, have not applied for an extension.

Back in April I intended to return to the US but as the Covid/political scene evolved, decided it's better to view that madhouse form a distance. 

And, just to be sure I understand, applying for that extension shouldn't be a problem with the new amnesty in place - that's what they're wanting anyone who wants to remain to do - right?

Thanks, much appreciated.

DS

Yes,if staying after September 26, you must have a legal option for an extension,in your case a 30 days extension. That will cost you ฿1900. Then you can immediately start the conversion to a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa if you meet the financial requirements. Cost: ฿2000. After 60 days into the 90 days you can apply for a 1 year extension. Cost: Another ฿1900. 

18 minutes ago, drbeach said:

I doubt there will be another amnesty extension...indications are this is the last one. I assume you mean your visa is valid until then. That's not relevant unless you can travel. My visa is also valid until Mar 2021, but I expect to do a 60-day extension in September and then a 1-year extension in late November. This assumes borders still aren't open by then. I have plenty of time to prepare.

My advice to you is - be prepared to extend in late September, in the final days before the deadline draws to a close. While there is always a small chance of another limited extension, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Although the recent extension was almost inevitable, with the world slowly opening up again, I don't think there will be another one. Other countries like Indonesia have already given tourists a notice to leave since July 13 (they have one month to depart). New Zealand originally extended visitor visas from March 25 to Sep 25, which is a similar date to Thailand. This to me indicates something.

I think it doesn't matter when you apply for an extension, I mean if it's early or late September. The starting date will still be September 27. 

52 minutes ago, drbeach said:

I wouldn't count on easy border options to be available by then. Whenever land and air borders do open in the region, they'll all re-open within days of each other, as happened when they closed...

There is always some chance that borders within the region could be open by late September but as you have correctly suggested and as the notice indicates, applicants really need to get their extensions done on or prior to Sep 26.

About opening borders, no one knows if there will be any surprises like quarantine when re-entering Thailand, or if they are smart when allowing border crossings and coming back. They can come up with a closed area on both sides of the border which you can't leave while waiting for the paperwork to be done. Then there won't be any interaction between people other than immigration. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Another "amnesty" won't happen. The way they changed the announcement the other day and the way it's written gives a hint. You've had a 6 months "amnesty" September 26. That's way more than most people expected. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Another "amnesty" won't happen. The way they changed the announcement the other day and the way it's written gives a hint. You've had a 6 months "amnesty" September 26. That's way more than most people expected. 

Government statement was amnesty extended until 26th September.

That was it.

All the other BS was printed by Immigration who have no say in the matter, and are desperate to start extorting those of us left in the country. They've collected almost nothing in the way of bribes for the past 6 months now, and are getting really desperate.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

So it is safe to say that at this time we don't have a report of anyone successfully applying for a 1 year extension Non-O after using their 30 and or 60 day extensions of stay?

That is to say a person who is on "Amnesty time".

Over the last few months their have been reports by people that were able to do them after a 60 day extension.

Not a 30 day extension since there are none for a non-o visa entry other than maybe the 30 day special extension with a letter from their embassy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Is that your one-year extension based on a Non Imm O visa expires in Apr 2021? Or you really mean your Non Imm O ME visa expires in Apr 2021?

On 7/23/2020 at 7:15 PM, ubonjoe said:

You cannot apply for a one year non-o visa at immigration.

If you are on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry you can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry (category O) visa and the during the last 30 day of the 90 days you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

What type of 30 day extension do you plan on applying for. If you entered visa exempt or on tourist visa did you already apply for the 30 day extension? If you did extend it there is no 30 day extension possible now.

My situation is almost the same!  I turn 50 on 12 October and I do not know if I have enough time to get 90 day non immigrant visa entry (category O).  If I can get 30 day extension to my METV (I did not apply for one before amnesty) then maybe I can.  I have lots of questions but won't post here since I already ask on the other page.  I wish I saw this one first!

Anyone can help with my questions on other page?  Thank you !

13 minutes ago, cheddarburger said:

My situation is almost the same!  I turn 50 on 12 October and I do not know if I have enough time to get 90 day non immigrant visa entry (category O).  If I can get 30 day extension to my METV (I did not apply for one before amnesty) then maybe I can.  I have lots of questions but won't post here since I already ask on the other page.  I wish I saw this one first!

Anyone can help with my questions on other page?  Thank you !

Yes you can. Make sure what method you wish to use is in place. If your can afford it money in bank most fool proof. 

So set up your account either money bank or income transfer. 

You will obtain your extension to METV since you have not used that. Straight away obtain your non o.

That's 90 day visa.

In last 30 day obtain your annual extension.

If that does your head in or you don't have the cash an agent will do it for 25k.

Good luck.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes you can. Make sure what method you wish to use is in place. If your can afford it money in back most fool proof. 

You will obtain your extension to METV since you have not used that. Straight away obtain your non o.

I calculate he's 3 days short of being able to apply for the Non O.

Must be 50 and have at least 15 days permission of stay left.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes you can. Make sure what method you wish to use is in place. If your can afford it money in bank most fool proof. 

That's 90 day visa.

In last 30 day obtain your annual extension.

If that does your head in or you don't have the cash an agent will do it for 25k.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have already answered them.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

I calculate he's 3 days short of being able to apply for the Non O.

Must be 50 and have at least 15 days permission of stay left.

Thank you all for your help in the other thread.

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

This is so clear that there will be another extenstion.

And it could even be achieved by people who need it actually, if they were not scare and whining little girls !

It's so easy, if 300000 persons do nothing until September 25 and then all go to immigration the same day ? what will happen ? They will clearly extend the amnesty 2 more months ! no other choice. But people would need to have a brain to be able to understand this... so it's not much expected !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, samtab said:

It's so easy, if 300000 persons do nothing until September 25 and then all go to immigration the same day ? what will happen ?

From 27th, it will be 500 baht a day overstay x 300,000.

• Haha 1

Im also one of the lucky ones with a non O ME (1 term left) based on marriage and have already used my 60 day extension. Im not sure whether I can apply for a 1 year extension as I am not on a valid visa and hoping they accept my last 90 day entry without a border run or get a letter from the embassy which Australia seems happy to help based on the situation in a month. 

For proof of funds we need to show an international transfer but I get paid via paypal and then into my Kasikorn Bank which shows a domestic transfer.

Does anyone have experience or advice transferring money from Thailand to overseas and then back into Thailand for proof of funds. Transferwise was mentioned a few weeks ago and has the option to transfer via SCB USA Branch into Kasikorn with the required TFF on the bank statment.

Thanks

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Over the last few months their have been reports by people that were able to do them after a 60 day extension.

Not a 30 day extension since there are none for a non-o visa entry other than maybe the 30 day special extension with a letter from their embassy.

Don't mean to be a nuisance but this caught my eye -    "Not a 30 day extension"

I'm about to apply for a 30 day extension with the intent of then applying for 1 year non-O retirement - last entry was land at Raynong Feb 26, expired Apr 25.  

I do have a letter from the US embassy but it's dated March 26, have $ in place and residence documents. 

Thanks! 

DS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Charlatans said:

For proof of funds we need to show an international transfer but I get paid via paypal and then into my Kasikorn Bank which shows a domestic transfer.

Does anyone have experience or advice transferring money from Thailand to overseas and then back into Thailand for proof of funds. Transferwise was mentioned a few weeks ago and has the option to transfer via SCB USA Branch into Kasikorn with the required TFF on the bank statment.

Sent a PM re Kasikorn coding as off topic in this thread.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

okay thanks, will ring Chaeng Watthana office on Wednesday and ask about what they will allow for those on Amnesty time only, and if the Amnesty extension (with Embassy letter) can be converted.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

Don't mean to be a nuisance but this caught my eye -    "Not a 30 day extension"

If your read my post again you will notice I was replying to a post by a person that already has a non-o visa There is is no normal 30 day extension for for them.

39 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

I'm about to apply for a 30 day extension with the intent of then applying for 1 year non-O retirement - last entry was land at Raynong Feb 26, expired Apr 25.  

I do have a letter from the US embassy but it's dated March 26, have $ in place and residence documents. 

It appears you are on a visa exempt entry that you extended for 30 days or a 60 day entry from a tourist visa. If a tourist visa you do not need a letter from the embassy to apply for an extension since you already qualify for a  30 day extension.

The first step you have to do to apply for one year extension of stay is to a apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) visa at immigration.

Your letter is to old. You would need a new one if needed.

54 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If your read my post again you will notice I was replying to a post by a person that already has a non-o visa There is is no normal 30 day extension for for them.

It appears you are on a visa exempt entry that you extended for 30 days or a 60 day entry from a tourist visa. If a tourist visa you do not need a letter from the embassy to apply for an extension since you already qualify for a  30 day extension.

The first step you have to do to apply for one year extension of stay is to a apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) visa at immigration.

Your letter is to old. You would need a new one if needed.

Thank you!

I did see that but I guess I'm a bit paranoid at this point, imagining that they're gonna find a way to reject my application, trying to be aware of any potential problems ... looks like maybe I invented one. Sorry about that. 

I thought that currently I do qualify for an extension and once I have it I can then apply for a 90 day non immigrant (category O) visa. 

I assume what I have is the 60 day tourist visa - the last stamp was at Ranong - says visa class TR - 26 Feb 2020 to 25 Apr 2020 . 

And I guessed the letter from the US Embassy is too old, but I sent a request for a new one a little earlier today, see what happens, I've heard they've stopped issuing them - a request to stay due to the Global Level 4 Health Advisory issued by the Department of State on March 19, 2020 which advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel.

Thanks again,

DS

Edited by MrKFC

11 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

I assume what I have is the 60 day tourist visa - the last stamp was at Ranong - says visa class TR - 26 Feb 2020 to 25 Apr 2020 . 

Yes you do have a entry from a tourist visa and you dd not apply for the allowed 30 day extension of it.

No need for the embassy letter to apply for a 30 day extension and then the 90 day visa entry.

• Like 2