CoE-Qualifying Flight Bookings -- Are regular flights really unacceptable?

At this time you can only arrive in Thailand on a repatriation flight. And it does not appear their will be any regular passenger flights into Thailand util at the earliest September.

I have read some reports of people being told to get a commercial flight ticket to start the process of getting a certificate of entry. And then after completed you could cancel it a reserve space on a repatriation flight.

On what basis would you be applying for the certificate of entry (marriage to a Thai, non-b with a work permit and etc).

You somehow missed the warning on the very first page of the online application. 

In order to travel to Thailand, you will need BOTH a visa AND Certificate of Entry (COE). E-tickets for a regular commercial flight may be used to apply for a visa. However, ONLY repatriation flights are allowed to enter Thailand. You must submit both E-ticket for one of the repatriation flights AND booking comfirmation for Alternative State Quanrantine (ASQ) before Certificate of Entry (COE) can be issued.

Untitlede.jpg

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

No commercial passenger flights to Thailand have resumed, the airlines are just selling tickets for flights which will most likely never fly.

They're flying but without passengers on board, just cargo.

4 minutes ago, unheard said:

They're flying but without passengers on board, just cargo.

That's actually not same as a commercial flight. They also fly empty with only crews onboard because they want to keep their slots at Suvarnabhumi Airport for future flights. Diplomats are also allowed to enter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

That's actually not same as a commercial flight. They also fly empty with only crews onboard because they want to keep their slots at Suvarnabhumi Airport for future flights. Diplomats are also allowed to enter. 

I was referring to the flights that are being sold on-line yet never taking any passengers, just cargo.

That was a major sticking point for many here on this board who've purchased (planned to purchase) tickets, fully convinced after checking with flightradar24 that those flights are fully operational.

DKSTUNTS, has to be a repatriation flight.  I am in SoCal trying to get home.  PM me and I'll fill you in on all the details.  Am awaiting the August flight schedule to be published which, if you get a tentative reservation, will start a whole cascade of actions that has to be done in very short order to make going home (for me) able to take place.

16 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

You somehow missed the warning on the very first page of the online application. 

In order to travel to Thailand, you will need BOTH a visa AND Certificate of Entry (COE). E-tickets for a regular commercial flight may be used to apply for a visa. However, ONLY repatriation flights are allowed to enter Thailand. You must submit both E-ticket for one of the repatriation flights AND booking comfirmation for Alternative State Quanrantine (ASQ) before Certificate of Entry (COE) can be issued.

You must submit both E-ticket for one of the repatriation flights AND booking comfirmation for Alternative State Quanrantine (ASQ) before Certificate of Entry (COE) can be issued.

But, you can apply for the Certificate of Entry without the ASQ and Flight ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree about the repatriation flights. But why is Thai now directly marketing special flights (London and Stuttgart to Bangkok) if they are full? I have had 3 marketing emails from Thai in the last couple of days offering limited schedule flights in August. ?????

7 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I totally agree about the repatriation flights. But why is Thai now directly marketing special flights (London and Stuttgart to Bangkok) if they are full? I have had 3 marketing emails from Thai in the last couple of days offering limited schedule flights in August. ?????

I've seen the flights TO London but not the other way.

22 hours ago, Max69xl said:

They also fly empty with only crews onboard because they want to keep their slots at Suvarnabhumi Airport for future flights.

There is currently an amnesty on these requirements for keeping slots.