Foreigner in Loei accused of attacking rescue worker and smashing up ambulance

webfact

Foreigner in Loei accused of attacking rescue worker and smashing up ambulance

1pm.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that a 57 year old westerner who was on the way to hospital after a road traffic accident attacked a foundation rescue worker with an oxygen bottle and smashed up equipment in the ambulance.

The foreigner gave the lone worker a mouthful of foul language despite being rushed to hospital in Loei with a broken leg. 

A police report about the behavior of Peter N. from Canada has been made. 

Natthaphon, 22, a staffer with Sawang Khiritham rescue in Loei responded with a colleague to a collision between a pick up and a motorcycle between kilometer markers 22 and 23 in the Siaw sub-district on the Loei to Phu Rua road. 

The foreigner was lying in the road covered in blood with a broken right thigh. 

After being given first aid at the scene the man was loaded into an ambulance where he was alone with Natthaphol for the around 20 kilometer journey to Loei Hospital. 

The staffer said that after about five minutes the foreigner started swearing at him in English and then picked up an oxygen bottle and hit him in the head.

He then started smashing up various equipment within his reach.

He maintained his composure, he said, despite the fact that the irate foreigner continued to rant and swear at him for the rest of the journey.

He continued his tirade at the hospital with medical personnel there. 

Natthaphon said he was not badly hurt - a picture on the foundation's Facebook page showed him holding ice to a head wound. 

Following the incident Natthaphon made a police report and Naew Na said the foreigner - who they called a farang in their headline - would be prosecuted. 

The media made no attempt to explain the bizarre behavior. 

The story also made the morning news on Channel 7. 

Sources: Naew Na | Channel 7

Have drive that road many times. That is really sht road! Mountain road, turn's can be 180 degree, don't know what farang even doing there whit motorpike.

Crazy already even drive there lol

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Sounds like alcohol or drugs were involved,normal people

don't abuse and attack the people that are trying to help

them

regards Worgeordie

Sounds like it might well have been alcohol-induced behaviour, there're lots like that. Could've been to do with why he had an RTA also.

3 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

I'm sure they've had plenty of these idiots in Loei. Not much changes.

I spend a lot of time in Loei, my son lives there, not many foreigners around at all, so not plenty of "these idiots".   In the mans defence, he may of been in shock which can cause unusual behaviours,  or he was just being an <deleted>.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Sounds like alcohol or drugs were involved,normal people

don't abuse and attack the people that are trying to help

them

regards Worgeordie

Wow a great bit of forensic investigation without any evidence whatsoever. How his head wound which may explain his actions.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Sounds like it might well have been alcohol-induced behaviour, there're lots like that. Could've been to do with why he had an RTA also.

probably more to do with drugs, a beer drinker doesn't act this way usually, i see dozens of similar reports in Australia of drug addicts attacking ambulance drivers. 

I still shake my head at all the self haters on here. Thai good farang (a very racist term) bad! How many times do we read of these vultures stripping the injured and dying of all things shiny? I would like to here the injured mans side of the story (Thai's are not known for their truthfulness (a wait is that a " I've lived in Thailand 20+ years and never been lied to!)). A scenario could well be the injured man woke when his pockets were being emptied! I personally and from my experience of only 18 years of Thai think that is the more likely reason an injured man would erupt!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not defending attacking the ambulance staff guy.... But, do you think we might hear some explanation from the farang guy of WHY he was so agitated in the ambulance before deciding to execute him?

Tryin to charge him double for the oxygen. ????

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

probably more to do with drugs, a beer drinker doesn't act this way usually, i see dozens of similar reports in Australia of drug addicts attacking ambulance drivers. 

I've known plenty of boozers who act like this, they always cause trouble when they drink. I've known whiskey drinkers to be bad, also, when I worked in Australia a lady mentioned that dark rum (ie Bundie) could make people nasty (dark spirits).

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

this is indeed possible

--He could have been in severe pain....

--the ambulance guy could have been trying to do something against his wishes

--the ambulance could have been taking him to some hospital when he wanted to go to some different facility.

There's all kinds of possibilities, including as well that he was spaced out on alcohol or drugs.

• Like 1