Charter Court judge seeks probe into handling of the Red Bull heir case

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Charter Court judge seeks probe into handling of the Red Bull heir case

And here was I thinking that Thai people didn’t care. Only farangs. It’s the culture and Thais accept the way it is. Well, reading through Twitter comments I would have to assume the accounts of angry Thais are just bots. 

But in saying that, if they are real, maybe the next rich d***head who gets drunk and coked up and thinks it would be a good idea to speed in his sports car might think twice. Maybe any drunk idiot will think twice about doing it. And that small change is a million times better than no change at all. 

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

they have diminished people’s trust in the two law enforcement organizations.

I doubt many Thai people had trust in the law enforcement to begin with. 

You have the two law enforcement organisations which work side by side with the two levels of justice system, one for the rich, and one everyone else.

• Like 2

Maybe it's a trap to catch him. Once Boss returns to Thailand, it suddenly was all a misunderstanding and he will be arrested and charged...(probably not ????)

Edited by Mak25
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

One very brave judge, but you are wasting your time, far too many folk have got very BIG kickbacks in this case.

A cynic might reply that perhaps this judge has not yet received the amount his position merits.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, innosiem said:

he also dragged the officer over 100 meters
(Bangkok post not linked)
when the TOTAL stopping distance for 60km/h is less than half of that at 45m for the "average family car"
not to mention how much better Ferrari brakes are compared to the "average family car" which braking distances are based on

according to braking distances and how far he dragged the officer
then that would put the car at over 100km/h
at very least he would be driving without due care and attention and would be causing death by negligence

it does not matter how many (paid) witnesses come forward
simple math and science says otherwise.

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/road-safety/driving-safely/stopping-distances/graph

my thoughts exactly.

Nice bit of science and academia there but what's the relevance? It is my understanding that 'Boss' didn't stop, let alone make any braking effort.

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

And here was I thinking that Thai people didn’t care. Only farangs. It’s the culture and Thais accept the way it is. Well, reading through Twitter comments I would have to assume the accounts of angry Thais are just bots. 

But in saying that, if they are real, maybe the next rich d***head who gets drunk and coked up and thinks it would be a good idea to speed in his sports car might think twice. Maybe any drunk idiot will think twice about doing it. And that small change is a million times better than no change at all. 

Agreed.

Best regards,

Not holding my breath in Udon

• Like 1

Just now, NanLaew said:

Nice bit of science and academia there but what's the relevance? It is my understanding that 'Boss' didn't stop, let alone make any braking effort.

The police followed a trail of brake fluid to the house so most likely the vehicle had no brakes to stop anyways.

Wonder how far a car rolls to a complete stop from 60km/h

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

One very brave judge, but you are wasting your time, far too many folk have got very BIG kickbacks in this case.

No doubt that brown envelopes were passed around Colin but according to pbsworld a huge white envelope containing 300 million baht tipped the scales of (in)justice. 

• Like 1

Admire the judge's stance but if anyone had been worried about Thailand's Judicial System 'image' the case would have been dealt with long ago. Hasn't the PM and other officials made it clear that foreigners don't understand Thai ways. And as far as the general public is concerned they'll accept it and forget about it (apart from maybe a few student demonstrators). If the police don't stand up for their own I doubt anyone else will.

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said the police and prosecutors should have litigated the case but, by failing to do so, they have diminished people’s trust in the two law enforcement organizations.

I think you would have a very, very hard time finding any Thai who trusts anyone at all involved in law enforcement in this country. So how can you diminish something that doesn't exist?