Charter Court judge seeks probe into handling of the Red Bull heir case

rooster59

The failure to apprehend and prosecute the Red bull heir is a reflection of a complete failure of governance from the top down. 

Can anyone, seriously, have any confidence remaining in the junta's ability to govern?

Steven?

• Like 2

"The Constitutional Court judge said that many people believe that the Prime Minister’s reported acceptance of a 300 million baht donation from the Red Bull empire a few months ago, might be related to the decisions of the prosecutors and the police concerning the case"

I know Prayut promised to end corruption in Thailand, but I've completely forgotten the date he said he would start. Must be soon, right? 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Im not an expert on cars but surely with with such advance technology the experts can check what speed the car was doing at the time of impact?

A lot of modern cars have the computer power and memory to keep quite a bit of information....but you don't think that information in that particular Ferrari was still there when the cops had a look.  Or maybe it was,  and downloaded to a stick and the computer was then fried.   ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

In his Line post to fellow jurists, Mr. Thaveekiart Meenakanit said that the fatal road accident, involving the Red Bull heir, Mr. Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya, is widely understood by the public, but the fact that the suspect was spared prosecution, apparently because of his economic and social status, is unprecedented and incomprehensible.

Well said, the constitution should not allow this to happen, no one is above the law.

This decision should be reversed immediately or the whole judicial system should dismiss themselves as shambolic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

A lot of modern cars have the computer power and memory to keep quite a bit of information....but you don't think that information in that particular Ferrari was still there when the cops had a look.  Or maybe it was,  and downloaded to a stick and the computer was then fried.   ????

Typically impact speeds wont be recorded to the ECU unless the airbags were deployed so doubt there is/was any information at all to be gathered... A process that cannot be done on the side of the road without specialized equipment that only the dealership will have.

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Typically impact speeds wont be recorded to the ECU unless the airbags were deployed so doubt there is/was any information at all to be gathered... A process that cannot be done on the side of the road without specialized equipment that only the dealership will have.

No, a good traffic investigative team should have a laptop which will allow the download of the info. Data is recorded not only when there is airbag deployment, but definitely when there is such as in THIS case. 

5 minutes ago, DepDavid said:

No, a good traffic investigative team should have a laptop which will allow the download of the info. Data is recorded not only when there is airbag deployment, but definitely when there is such as in THIS case. 

hahahahaha, a good traffic investigative team !!!!

Thanks mate, best chuckle Ive had all weekend.

Airbag ECU/Module records impact speed when bags are triggered.

Edited by Don Mega

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A Constitutional Court judge has urged Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to investigate alleged mishandling, by the police and the public prosecutors, of the Red Bull heir hit and run case, warning that Thailand’s justice system has been rendered meaningless

"Thailand’s justice system has been rendered meaningless"

Now there is a breath of honesty and fresh air...and it originates from a Thai jurist with a seat on the Constitution Court.
Kudos!

Now, will the commoners be told by Uncle Tu to mind their own business again, or will a voice from the bench actually get the attention of the power elite?  You can discount the plebs as being ignorant, stupid rubes when it come to justice and Thai law as per the government's mouthpiece Pol Colonel Kissana (No Double Standard) Phathanacharoen

But from a Thai judge?  Stay tuned!

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I am sure they have downloaded the data some time ago and it remains safely stored awaiting the reminder for the next donation .

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Was it almost as funny as believing he was driving at 60 km/h? 

Edited by rkidlad

Just now, Don Mega said:

There is no evidence to prove otherwise.

There is a document online from a physics expert at Chula University stating he was doing over 170 km/h. I imagine his margin of error would be about 10 km/h either side. Not 110 km/h.

Just now, rkidlad said:

There is a document online from a physics expert at Chula University stating he was doing over 170 km/h. I imagine his margin of error would be about 10 km/h either side. Not 110 km/h.

Based on what ?

12 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

To revisit my earlier post, found an image of the vehicle and the airbags were triggered.

1082274845_bossferrari.jpg.dfbc8df9b80881a3c364930b1a6c49d0.jpg

Just now, rkidlad said:

What would you like us to do with this cropped picture not showing the grill? 

You could start by reading previous posts where I stated no impact speed would be recorded due to (my wrongly assumed) claims the airbags were not deployed.

Just now, Don Mega said:

You could start by reading previous posts where I stated no impact speed would be recorded due to (my wrongly assumed) claims the airbags were not deployed.

I didn't say you didn't.

I asked why you posted a cropped picture not showing the grill of the car. The second question I've asked you that you haven't answered.