High Speed rail link heading east: Phase Two plans in doubt amid investor concerns

webfact

14 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

There isn't a bus from Pattaya - Trat?

Evidently not. There is not even full size bus service from Pattaya (along Sukhumwit Hwy 3) to Sattahip. There  used to be regular full size buses along that route with a bus station in Sattahip. Now it is only the songkows or the minivan <deleted>. So I don't go to Sattahip anymore. 

42 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Evidently not. There is not even full size bus service from Pattaya (along Sukhumwit Hwy 3) to Sattahip. There  used to be regular full size buses along that route with a bus station in Sattahip. Now it is only the songkows or the minivan <deleted>. So I don't go to Sattahip anymore. 

There was an orange (second class) bus that ran down the old route from Ekamai to Trad via Pattaya and Rayong. It was the first bus out, left about 0430. Not sure if it still runs. I've caught it twice from there. Slept most of the way. 7 hours. But better than waiting around for 3 hours. Apart from that, from Pattaya to Trad, it's minivans, and change at Chantaburi. And only one operator behind Numchai on Sukhumvit.

Considering its the gateway for the Koh Chang archipelago, and the border crossing at Had Lek, it's odd to day the least. Trad's a nice town, and a beautiful province. Same goes for Chantaburi. 0 cases of Covid in Trad, 3 in Chantaburi back in March. Maybe that's the reason!

6 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Yes it is strange no buses no trains to some nice areas/gateways all along that route? Do you suppose these minivan cartels had any thing to do with highjacking this route. 

Could well be. There was never a rail link down here. Even getting to swampy needs careful planning, usually involving hopping off a bus at Lat Krabang and catching the airport link.

The minivans I have to say are much improved. No more tail gating at 110kph. But that was the norm for many years.

The route from Pattaya to U-Tapao is, I believe, completely stitched up by the taxis in Pattaya. 600 THB. No public transport. Not sure if that's changed.

Considering you can catch an overnight bus from Trad to Mae Sai and from Chantaburi to Nongkhai and many other far flung destinations, it's all very odd.

Trad has an airport, owned by Bangkok airways. The flights are usually fully booked. There was a sea route proposed linking Hua Hin, or Prachuap, Sattahip, Bang Bao on Koh Chang, Klong Yai, Koh Kong and Koh Rong. They, not sure who, did do a test run as far as Koh Chang some years ago but never came back. Seems like it's all stalled.

19 hours ago, Susco said:

let's hope that was meant as sarcasm and not ignorance

Neither, I was a locomotive engine man for 16 years with the Victorian Railways nee Vline so I know a bit about the subject.  The xing at Hwy 2043 Wang Krot is one of the worst.  The dam gates come dowN even when the Northbound pass stops at the station which is a kilometre South from the crossing. 

12 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

And I never said that you said it,

just pointing out that there are other issues that are holding up the 3 airport link. Its not the two ministers resigning that has anything to do with those delays that are already occurring.