Bangkok restaurant refusal to serve foreigners goes viral – VIDEO

snoop1130

3 hours ago, checkered flag said:

They're called old cheap charlie lechers. Probably don't leave a tip either. 

Nope, still don't ring a bell, but sounds like you're pretty familiar with these folk.

Edited by Dap
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2020 at 7:15 PM, 2 is 1 said:

What that kind is nothing to do whit Thailand? Farang's in Thailand do more than thai about social distancing and use mask!

And like already said how can be infected farang in Thailand if already have been here over 4 month! If so have to get that from Thai person!

Not true. Anecdotal evidence from walking around the streets and malls etc of Pattaya indicate that many, many white foreigners (I'd say about 70%) do not wear any mask whatsoever, and, when given a questioning cursory look/stare, react aggressively. They know exactly what the issue is, but they don't care. They walk straight into malls and hardware stores, not stopping for a temp check, signing in, and wearing no mask. Thai staff are reluctant to confront them. I followed one guy in, English, asked him why he wasn't wearing a mask, replied "it's at home". He was accompanied by a Thai girl. 99% of Thai customers and staff are masked. Hats off to their discipline and following their rules.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

but this ain't your country .... lol 

Yes I am fully aware of that. I pointed out the situation in my country because I'm pretty sure a lot of Thai people are unaware that some of their discriminatory practices are illegal in more socially and politically advanced countries.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barbara k said:

why do you bring colour Thai didn't say because you are white they said they can't save foreigners  regardless and why giving example with a black colour  the problem is you not Thai it's true you folk in Thailand searching young women and kids  get a grep and stop being a racist in fact Thai has a right to deny you it's their country an you do to your own country 

What the actual heck are you on about?

If you put up a sign saying "No Asians" allowed in any western country you'd get "ALM" knocking on your door.

Also - learn what a comma and full stop is; you're barely comprehensible "Barbara" (or is it BaaabaLA?)

5 hours ago, Heppinger said:

never heard of the belt and road initiative have you? you will find soon that westerners need Thailand more then Thailand needs them.  

Is that the bit where they find out that China gave them horrible onerous loans through corrupt dealings with the heads of businesses, only to come back and get their 99 year leases and key port infrastructure before creating a dual economy that kills off the local production who are never in a million years going to out-produce Mr. Chang and his million strong factories?

I can't wait to see how little we're needed.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, digger70 said:

No Probs ,It's their place they can serve Who they want to serve  and Refuse who they want  to Refuse .

In the end it's going to be Their loss . ????

The people who they Refuse Won't come back and they will talk to other people .

Word of mouth goes a Long way in the crowd.   :jap: 

Our Thais that don't want to be with Foreigners might show up in greater numbers. They'll do better that selling one beer to a looser Frenchman.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Hopefully, this will continue to circulate, and the owners, who had no time to take a moment to speak with a patron who was being turned away, will suffer greatly. Ignorance is not much of an excuse here. Everyone knows there are no "tourists" here anymore. Everyone knows Covid is gone in Thailand. This is just blatant racist behavior. 

Later, when their business has dropped by half (hopefully), they will say it was all just a misunderstanding. 

I really doubt that business will suffer. They got a lot of free advertisements and the group they want will come in droves. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, umlungu2012 said:

Not true. Anecdotal evidence from walking around the streets and malls etc of Pattaya indicate that many, many white foreigners (I'd say about 70%) do not wear any mask whatsoever, and, when given a questioning cursory look/stare, react aggressively. They know exactly what the issue is, but they don't care. They walk straight into malls and hardware stores, not stopping for a temp check, signing in, and wearing no mask. Thai staff are reluctant to confront them. I followed one guy in, English, asked him why he wasn't wearing a mask, replied "it's at home". He was accompanied by a Thai girl. 99% of Thai customers and staff are masked. Hats off to their discipline and following their rules.

Not in BKK I have not seen one farang anywhere without a mask. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

Is that the bit where they find out that China gave them horrible onerous loans through corrupt dealings with the heads of businesses, only to come back and get their 99 year leases and key port infrastructure before creating a dual economy that kills off the local production who are never in a million years going to out-produce Mr. Chang and his million strong factories?

I can't wait to see how little we're needed.

Yes that's usually how it goes i think they call it a debt trap.  China pays some sh*tturd politician under the table and the politician sells out his country.  And no they don"t "find out" later that the deal is sh^t, the citizens do of course.  But there's a reason why Thailand is the second largest economy in SE Asia and have remained relatively unscathed over the last 100 years considering all the wars, bloodshed, genocides and general sh*tf*ckery  taking place all around them.  For the same reason why construction hasn't started yet, although they are nearly finished in Laos and waiting to start the crossing at Vientien/Nong Kai.  The Thais are excellent negotiators, and would say more experienced then the Chinese.  That's why i find it pathetic when Westerners on TV label Thai's incompitant or mock Thai nationalism, especially when their own Governments are importing non-stop young male 3rd world religious  zealots by train, plane, boat and any other way possible, while their Western media labels whites as colonizers, racists and violent,  they can't have what the Thai's have so they mock the Thai's, extremely pathetic.  

https://www.aseantoday.com/2020/05/work-resumes-on-china-laos-railway-full-steam-ahead-for-beijings-belt-and-road/

Edited by Heppinger
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, charmonman said:

Yes I am fully aware of that. I pointed out the situation in my country because I'm pretty sure a lot of Thai people are unaware that some of their discriminatory practices are illegal in more socially and politically advanced countries.

Hahah go on then, give me a laugh.  What country are you from?

20 hours ago, Heppinger said:

Oh he has a huge set of balls does he? what has he done that makes you suggest that? I have no doubt you congratulate the french man as there is no shortage of useful idiots.

You keep hiding behind your Thai skirt son

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Heppinger said:

The ironic part about the french tool is that most of paris is a dangerous sh*t hole due to the importation of religious zealots. but what do you expect from a country that needs foreigners to make up an effective combat force.

The nail on the head

French foreign legion 

Hard as F'ccx but made up of non French nationals lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heppinger said:

Yes that's usually how it goes i think they call it a debt trap.  China pays some sh*tturd politician under the table and the politician sells out his country.  And no they don"t "find out" later that the deal is sh^t, the citizens do of course.  But there's a reason why Thailand is the second largest economy in SE Asia and have remained relatively unscathed over the last 100 years considering all the wars, bloodshed, genocides and general sh*tf*ckery  taking place all around them.  For the same reason why construction hasn't started yet, although they are nearly finished in Laos and waiting to start the crossing at Vientien/Nong Kai.  The Thais are excellent negotiators, and would say more experienced then the Chinese.  That's why i find it pathetic when Westerners on TV label Thai's incompitant or mock Thai nationalism, especially when their own Governments are importing non-stop young male 3rd world religious  zealots by train, plane, boat and any other way possible, while their Western media labels whites as colonizers, racists and violent,  they can't have what the Thai's have so they mock the Thai's, extremely pathetic.  

https://www.aseantoday.com/2020/05/work-resumes-on-china-laos-railway-full-steam-ahead-for-beijings-belt-and-road/

I was all on board with what you were selling until you said it was something about being jealous of Thais... whataboutism, much?

You know, two things can be bad at the same time and both be capable of criticism, right?

A murderer calling a thief a criminal is certainly hypocritical, but they're both wrong and a thief doesn't get to go "yeah well you cut that dude's head off so it's okay if I rob this 7-11". 

Just like if there is a delay on construction in Thailand it's far more likely to be related to a lack of brown envelopes rather than a masterful multi-century 5D chess play to avoid invasion through superior culture.

3 minutes ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

I was all on board with what you were selling until you said it was something about being jealous of Thais... whataboutism, much?

You know, two things can be bad at the same time and both be capable of criticism, right?

A murderer calling a thief a criminal is certainly hypocritical, but they're both wrong and a thief doesn't get to go "yeah well you cut that dude's head off so it's okay if I rob this 7-11". 

Just like if there is a delay on construction in Thailand it's far more likely to be related to a lack of brown envelopes rather than a masterful multi-century 5D chess play to avoid invasion through superior culture.

I just look at the facts at hand, i would suggest its more about allocation of labor, then brown envelopes. though neither of us will know for sure. different opinion.

On 7/29/2020 at 7:48 AM, steven100 said:

correct ... but one of the reasons I came here 20 yrs ago was because of the freedom and not having to put up with the usual ' i'm being discriminated ' crowd.  

And what is the colour of your nose, after 20 years? But even now with Covid you don't try to hide it, do you?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Our Thais that don't want to be with Foreigners might show up in greater numbers. They'll do better that selling one beer to a looser Frenchman.

That will have to be seen in the long run. :jap: 

So what's a Loser Frenchman(Frog). We got one living in our Village and is Definitely Not a Loser. ????

On 7/28/2020 at 9:28 PM, CorpusChristie said:

Could be that it is a Student bar and they had problems with retired Westerners going to the bar just to look at the students and drink one beer all night long ?

Get it right ..two beers!

• Haha 1