Bangkok restaurant refusal to serve foreigners goes viral – VIDEO

snoop1130

Let's resolve this matter now. Firstly this is the end result of Prayuts anti farang policy recently installed into Thailand. Secondly that area is anti farang and this Thai speaking is nothing more than a uneducated scum.bag. Don't ever leave your country nobody wants you <deleted> 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Come on, steven. You know as well as I do that as long as you're well connected and one of the elite you can do whatever you want irrespective of what the law says.

Just take the guy pictured in all your posts as an example. He stole a whole country and got away with it!

Come on Phoenix, the guy owns the restaurant , built it up how he wanted it to be and has asked that only Thai's be allowed in his bar. He has every right to allow who he wants in his bar. He hasn't broken any discriminatory law and has openly displayed this on entry without the thuggery you might sometimes see.

And then there are farangs who would never have been there or never even knew the place existed, who want to scream and holla that they are being discriminated. Gimme a break ....   

I mean seriously,  if i went to enter and was refused and shown the sign ... I would turn and mumble under my breath, then go and find a friendlier place that is more welcome rather than be childish about it as some have done.  imo ....    It's not the first place folks have been refused entry and probably won't be the last.  More important things to worry about in life than the owners request.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

This restaurant say “ no foreigner”. Is everybody, not say “no farang”.

Is not racist thing, is covid thing.

i live Ranong. Is border with Burma. I try social distance from Burmese now. Burma have border with India. India big problem covid. 

If india person spread to burma person maybe the Burma spread to me. Then I spread to dad and mum. Then they die. 

Safety first. 

I wonder if a Burmese, Lao or Khmer went to Fullmoon Terace and bar would they be refused entry? Kinda hard to tell right?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Could be that it is a Student bar and they had problems with retired Westerners going to the bar just to look at the students and drink one beer all night long ?

In Scotland you don't need to wear a mask in the McDonald's restaurant. They're giving away free masks...

20200727_201538.jpg

This is pure racism promoted by the current worst government in Thai history..This man would have been in Thailand for a considerable time and highly educated. Therefore there's no chance he has the Chinese virus. These Thais are now simply destroying there own country. Sad to see but they have always been a racist country with very little intelligence..These people are a disgrace and belong with China

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Logosone said:

So he was wearing a mask but still refused service?

Is it bad that I find this amusing?

He should have told them he wasn't foreign, might have got away with it if it wasn't for the stupid hat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What an interesting article, i haven't spent much time looking into as i only just discovered it.  Little info is available. can anyone tell me the following:

-where is Yan Marchal born, what is he doing in Thailand and what are his political views. past employment etc.

-who owns the bar? are they Thai? 

2 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

This is pure racism promoted by the current worst government in Thai history..This man would have been in Thailand for a considerable time and highly educated. Therefore there's no chance he has the Chinese virus. These Thais are now simply destroying there own country. Sad to see but they have always been a racist country with very little intelligence..These people are a disgrace and belong with China

Do you really thing a white Naturalized citizen would be refused based on their race? Simply, it is not racism. 

1 hour ago, johng said:

They would only turn away the foreigner

I guess I should have made it more clear that the 21 were a group. In other words, the restaurant could serve all 21 including the western foreigner (who has likely been in Thailand longer than the virus) or choose to turn away a group of 21. The restaurant doesn't get the option of picking and choosing which members of the group it will serve. 

1 minute ago, Heppinger said:

What an interesting article, i haven't spent much time looking into as i only just discovered it.  Little info is available. can anyone tell me the following:

-where is Yan Marchal born, what is he doing in Thailand and what are his political views. past employment etc.

-who owns the bar? are they Thai? 

Probably an English teaching Richard Barrow wannabe. 

What an idiot!

Yan Marchal, a video game developer, last night detailed a visit by two policemen who’d staked out his home all day to pressure him into removing his “Junta Anthem Update” which featured him singing criticism of the military government in Thai to the tune of junta classic “Returning Happiness to the People.”

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/bangkok-cops-force-french-expat-to-apologize-to-junta-for-making-video/

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, eeworldwide said:

yawn.

Boring.

Wow who cares.

Thailand can survive quite well without foreigners.

Yeah it stings a bit to be turned away, but so what. Life sometimes stings.

Grow a pair and move on.

Booooring!

Err................i think you're running out of ink mate, ???? 

• Haha 2

Racial discrimination in Thailand? Anti ferang (the white kind) actions? What a shocker! Anyway thank you for sharing, such an informative and revealing video. Still I a wondering whether you shared the video to lash out (somehow understandable) or are you on a mission of some sort? Just curious. 

I think any service orientated establishment, like restaurants, has the right to refuse service to anyone like no shoes, no shirt, no service but like with this incident there were no reasons why other than presuming that farangs have the virus. Like others I would leave and post a negative review that would hurt them more than arguing the point.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you really thing a white Naturalized citizen would be refused based on their race? Simply, it is not racism. 

You don't even make sense lol. I just ignore you. I lived in Thailand 8 years lol. You are a funny man

Just now, tomauasia said:

He has a huge set of balls. What about you. I congratulate the French man

Oh he has a huge set of balls does he? what has he done that makes you suggest that? I have no doubt you congratulate the french man as there is no shortage of useful idiots.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kenneth White said:

I think any service orientated establishment, like restaurants, has the right to refuse service to anyone like no shoes, no shirt, no service but like with this incident there were no reasons why other than presuming that farangs have the virus. Like others I would leave and post a negative review that would hurt them more than arguing the point.

Near my old house there were many Jap only clubs. They should be allowed to specify whoever the hell they want to come. Go to a nanny state like the UK if you want stupid laws. It's not like in the 60's USA when they refused black people in restaurants, coffee shops and swimming pools. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Your so wise, you should go live in South Africa and become a farmer, they are screaming out for intelligent foreign people to become farmers there.