Bangkok restaurant refusal to serve foreigners goes viral – VIDEO

snoop1130

32 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

So Anutin's strategy works "Dirty Farang"

The owner might just be a friend of Ai Anutin. But Anutin seemed to suck up to the American dignitaries and American General visiting here. So maybe he is only biased against EU folk.

14 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

It would be interesting to see if you walked in with a group of 20 Thai's and one western foreigner. Would they still turn away a group of 21?

They would only turn away the foreigner ! hopefully though the 20 Thais would vote with their feet and go some where else  where everyone is welcome.

• Like 1

It says...

ร้านอาหารที่กรุงเทพไม่รับชาวต่างชาติ / Restaurant in Bangkok does not accept foreigners

Why all the excitement? Foreigners include ALL non-Thais, isn't it? Or is it mentioned anywhere ONLY Westerners and Falangs not accepted?

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah you see foreign teachers, a lot of muslims of every breed and African drug dealers. 

Have you ever been to Ladprao? I've never seen African drug dealers and the muslim population is the same as everywhere else in Bangkok. I've never noticed foreign teachers either, it's a mainly Thai area.

I see a lot of expensive European cars and gated communities though, with houses in the 50-80 million Baht range. Yingluck's old house is not far from my condo.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, misterjames said:

It's clearly xenophobia stop making excuses for it and as the country that was the first place outside China to get covid it's pretty pathetic to hear you drone on about how it's the white mans fault when Thailand let people come and go freely when they knew they had covid before any other country.

Agree totally!!

4 minutes ago, johng said:

They would only turn away the foreigner ! hopefully though the 20 Thais would vote with their feet and go some where else  where everyone is welcome.

My friends would walk away with me

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Well, It's there loss in these challenging times. If their business goes bust then they will only have themselves to blame.

Bit like the long haul Transport bus company refusing to carry foreigners

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Have you ever been to Ladprao? I've never seen African drug dealers and the muslim population is the same as everywhere else in Bangkok. I've never noticed foreign teachers either, it's a mainly Thai area.

I see a lot of expensive European cars and gated communities though, with houses in the 50-80 million Baht range. Yingluck's old house is not far from my condo.

I should have been more specific. Bangkapi mall area in the many, not the few.  

Yes I lived in Ladprao Soi 70's area a long long long time ago, have Thai family that live near Ramkamhaeng Soi 118 and before that Soi Mistine if you know where all of those areas are!. 

I wonder if they will refuse service to whites or Indians with Thai citizenship too. I expect they would. But Thais always seem to accept Chinese as being Thai because they know they are owned lock stock and barrel by Thai-Chinese who never have to deal with the not Thai enough syndrome that Thais of other ethnic origins have to put up with.

21 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

The owner might just be a friend of Ai Anutin. But Anutin seemed to suck up to the American dignitaries and American General visiting here. So maybe he is only biased against EU folk.

A case of "European Lives Matter" then? 

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I should have been more specific. Bangkapi mall area in the many, not the few.  

Yes I lived in Ladprao Soi 70's area a long long long time ago, have Thai family that live near Ramkamhaeng Soi 118 and before that Soi Mistine if you know where all of those areas are!. 

Yes I do know those areas.

Prawit also has a large gated mansion tucked away on Ladprao 71. Plenty of Porsche, Ferrari's etc cruising around Photalai. It's hardly a slum full of African drug dealers.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

There are no laws within the Kingdom of Thailand which specifically outlaws racial discrimination inclusive of racist cliches and the restaurant has not broken the law.

It's not racist, it's to do with nationality. I saw this on Richard Barrow's Facebook page. He annoys me moaning about double pricing and now this. He's been here for the same time as me and has connections in high places yet refuses to get Thai citizenship. Why?

• Like 1

Best thing to do is send wife and  5/6 friends in and go in a minute latter , when they say no foreigner get wife and friends and go some where good instead , personally I would want eat in a place like that

2 hours ago, checkered flag said:

There could be reasons other than covid19 for not wanting foreigners. Thais are much more concerned about personal hygiene and bathing, that's lacking with some foreigners, they might find foreigners loud and aggressive, and complain too much. I too share these concerns and avoid places frequented by foreigners. I've never been refused service but am clean and well groomed. I would never be the one (like the video idiot) to force myself on anyone else.

This was a rude YouTube scam to make a few baht.  

1) he didn’t force himself on anyone. He was respectful, spoke in Thai, and left once confirmed to him that their racist policy was in place. 

2) Thais big on personal hygiene.? Do me a favour. A nation of blokes who have a shi.te or pee and rarely wash their hands. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

2) Thais big on personal hygiene.? Do me a favour. A nation of blokes who have a shi.te or pee and rarely wash their hands. 

3) nose picking at the dinner table.

4) spitting and nose blowing onto the floor in public places.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

3) nose picking at the dinner table.

4) spitting and nose blowing onto the floor in public places.

I’m sure where he/she goes Thais are different ???? 

Edited by Kadilo

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

This restaurant say “ no foreigner”. Is everybody, not say “no farang”.

Is not racist thing, is covid thing.

i live Ranong. Is border with Burma. I try social distance from Burmese now. Burma have border with India. India big problem covid. 

If india person spread to burma person maybe the Burma spread to me. Then I spread to dad and mum. Then they die. 

Safety first. 

In your previous txt you talk about farang's! Yeah some has delete that txt (wonder why).

Don't need Laos, Burmese etc. come to coundry ! Only come coz thai don't want make sht work what they are doing whit low salary! That one is your problem again! I live close Laos border and im not scared covid. Even Loei really good covernor moved to Pathum thani province! Every coundry have border whit somebody!That dosen't mean you need take they sht in your own coundry!

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

for all those who think the restaurant broke any discrimination law ...   

Come on, steven. You know as well as I do that as long as you're well connected and one of the elite you can do whatever you want irrespective of what the law says.

Just take the guy pictured in all your posts as an example. He stole a whole country and got away with it!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Seriously, who gives a <deleted> about one local haunt, there are too many places that do want my business for me to visit.

Its one business with an almost completely local clientele, and as for racism, there are accounts of them bouncing japanese and korean customers as well. 

Harrassing staff hardlynseems the way forward here, but whatever.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes I do know those areas.

Prawit also has a large gated mansion tucked away on Ladprao 71. Plenty of Porsche, Ferrari's etc cruising around Photalai. It's hardly a slum full of African drug dealers.

71 has all sorts of Thai people and yes I know of some very large gated homes there. Lot of sweat shops in there as well as very poor people. It is not all the cats meow you are saying it to be. RMK 118 area has a lot of upscale homes and there is one extremely rich general who has a house and large large property with a mini lake on it over there too. My Thai family has a 8 mil baht home. The Africans are primarily in the Bang Kapi area an out of that 71 area.

1 hour ago, animatic said:

This is called ironic juxtaposed position.

Some folks just don’t grasp irony for what it is, and so give literal and incorrect responses, because they don’t see the irony at play.

In light of the wide reporting of the passing of African-American, 

In light of the passing of civil rights icon, US. Rep. John Lewis, the fact people don’t get the OP’s ironic intention, is actually a second irony topping the original. 

Irony is wonderful. When I read some posts from some Trump supporters I always hope their posts are ironic. But it seems most of the time they actually believe what they write.

When talking to people face to face it's mostly obvious if they intend to be ironic. With written text it's a lot more difficult.

it would seem the man does not know his way around or he would not have gone into that joint, they should have a big sign saying no <deleted>-king forners allowed that will fix the problem, no doubt Flop will send a letter congratulating the manager