Bangkok restaurant refusal to serve foreigners goes viral – VIDEO

snoop1130

17 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Is it now indisputable fact as in etched in stone?

If there is no law against this type of discrimination in Thailand, why did the police pay a visit to a restaurant in Chiang Mai displaying a similar sign during the early stages of civid 19?

Surely this comes under "damaging the image of Thailand" They are quick to roll out this chestnut if they think it is a foreigner doing the damage.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I went there before and if they had said my custom was not wanted I would been very annoyed. If you think it's right that an establishment can refuse custom based on colour of skin, well...

The same Thai supporting this sort of behaviour somehow disappear when the topic of Schengen visas, nasty IOs on weekend trips to Singapore and benefits in the USA are brought up.

1 minute ago, lensta said:

If there is no law against this type of discrimination in Thailand, why did the police pay a visit to a restaurant in Chiang Mai displaying a similar sign during the early stages of civid 19?

Surely this comes under "damaging the image of Thailand" They are quick to roll out this chestnut if they think it is a foreigner doing the damage.

Laws don't mean much when it comes to emotions.  Try taking your ankle showing girlfriend into a muslim run cafe in downtown Newham, London.

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I see. How about some consistency then. Thailand should not then be  asking  those horrid foreigners for the  Covid19 medications or access to the  vaccines right? Thailand should  reject globalization  and rely on its own intellectual assets.

Give us a break from the  evils of globalization routine. It is quite obvious this is all about base ignorance and raw prejudice.  Don't make excuses, because this type of hurtful ignorance cannot be explained away. This is the same country that looks the other way to abuses of the imported women and children of Thailand's sex trade or the  mistreated  menial labour of the construction sector because the Cambodians, Rohinghya and Myanmar people are considered inferior and subhuman. 

The only difference here is that the victims of thid abuse will not accept the mistreatment. The discrimination is wrong and is inexcusable.

Oh give me a break. Tell us about your Prince Andrew while your at it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Well, It's there loss in these challenging times. If their business goes bust then they will only have themselves to blame.

No, they'll blame the foreigners!

According to Anutin, foreigners are discusting people who bring diseases to Thailand; we're responsible for everything!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

If india person spread to burma person maybe the Burma spread to me. Then I spread to dad and mum. Then they die. 

Safety first. 

The chances of your mum and dad dying of  WuFlu if they catch it is quite small  they are more likely to be killed in a road accident.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, johng said:

The chances of your mum and dad dying of  WuFlu if they catch it is quite small  they are more likely to be killed in a road accident.

And I suppose that the 663 540 people who have already died from Corona , their chances of dying were also small ?

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

And I suppose that the 663 540 people who have already died from Corona , their chances of dying were also small ?

did they die of or with corona or covid-19? wrong forum

1 hour ago, tomauasia said:

He has a huge set of balls. What about you. I congratulate the French man

Did anyone else notice in the film at 2:33 where the "heavies" were approaching? It was only at that point he made his hasty exit.

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

This restaurant say “ no foreigner”. Is everybody, not say “no farang”.

Is not racist thing, is covid thing.

i live Ranong. Is border with Burma. I try social distance from Burmese now. Burma have border with India. India big problem covid. 

If india person spread to burma person maybe the Burma spread to me. Then I spread to dad and mum. Then they die. 

Safety first. 

You'd better distance from Egypt or American soldier that Thailand leader invite with no quarantine.

Btw, the next time you want to eat some seafood or built a house, say hello to Burmese immigrants doing the dirty jobs no Thai people want to do. Thai people rather sit lazy in shadow, drinking whisky and collecting 500 Baht social security every month!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

the "heavies" were approaching? It was only at that point he made his hasty exit.

He made a well timed exit before getting "smashed to a pulp"   mind you I think he may now have worse trouble if the restaurant go after him with the draconian laws available in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, CLW said:

You'd better distance from Egypt or American soldier that Thailand leader invite with no quarantine.

Btw, the next time you want to eat some seafood or built a house, say hello to Burmese immigrants doing the dirty jobs no Thai people want to do. Thai people rather sit lazy in shadow, drinking whisky and collecting 500 Baht social security every month!

Why is english not your mother tongue? did you learn it because you didn't want to work a "dirty job" in your country of birth.

3 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

Glad for your post, as you underpin the fact, there are too many Thai people around with the brain of an elementary school kid! For gods sake!! Thai people should stop sharing the attitude that every covid-infection is the sure death to everyone. 

It`s all about probabilities and the probability is MUCH higher that you or your parents get hit by a drunk moron driving a truck in Ranong!

By the way...good try with the "no foreigner" explanation. In reality EVERY Asian looking person has less problems/hurdles in Thailand, compared to a farang. It starts with scams and dual pricing and ends with xenophobia like in this rooftop bar story.

Maybe we should have a Spanish Inquisition.

24 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

Why is english not your mother tongue? did you learn it because you didn't want to work a "dirty job" in your country of birth.

And your point is...?

• Like 1

why do you bring colour Thai didn't say because you are white they said they can't save foreigners  regardless and why giving example with a black colour  the problem is you not Thai it's true you folk in Thailand searching young women and kids  get a grep and stop being a racist in fact Thai has a right to deny you it's their country an you do to your own country 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, johng said:

1 hour ago, johng said:

Depends on how old they are and what medical conditions. For older people the risk of death is more than quite small. 

Why people  so sensitive 

There are places that don't  allow thai people  in thailand but i don't see the thais batching and moaning 

Fare play to the restaurants  dont give in to this political correct BS coming from west.

There are places that only allow Japanese and Koreans and russian 

I doubt  the restaurant cares as i bet most of their customers are Thai anyway.

You see what is it like for a normal thai family trying to stay in 5 star hotels

Some places don't even allow it

I had i thai bird once and the hotel  wouldn't let her in when I went to visit my parents at a 5 star resort

So stop your crying and bore off

• Like 1
  • Sad 1