RUSSIAN VACCINE WILL GET THERE FIRST

3NUMBAS

37 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Darn thing's behind a pay wall or a "free" (gimme your CC) trial. But I've been reading about this elsewhere too though the Western press hasn't been giving it much play.

I have a lot of respect for Russian STEM. Them's smart people even after a whole generation was lured west after the collapse of the USSR.

Heck, I'll be happy to take any approved vaccine. I've been stuck in Thailand now for months. I need to travel. The vaccine certificate should get me past the IOs.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Darn thing's behind a pay wall or a "free" (gimme your CC) trial. But I've been reading about this elsewhere too though the Western press hasn't been giving it much play.

I have a lot of respect for Russian STEM. Them's smart people even after a whole generation was lured west after the collapse of the USSR.

Heck, I'll be happy to take any approved vaccine. I've been stuck in Thailand now for months. I need to travel. The vaccine certificate should get me past the IOs.

A top Russian official has said the country's coronavirus vaccine is nearing the end of clinical trials and is likely to get approval in mid-August – potentially making it the world's first approved vaccine against the disease.

Russia currently has at least three vaccines in development, and President Vladimir Putin, who chaired a conference call on the pandemic on Wednesday, has said developing one would be a matter of national pride.

One of the three vaccines is nearing the end of clinical trials and is likely to be approved next month, Tatyana Golikova, a deputy prime minister, told the meeting.

"We're planning to give it a state registration in August 2020 as long as there are clinical trials for 1,600 people following approval," she said, adding that Russia hopes to begin manufacturing the vaccine as early as in September.

Russia's previous announcement about fast-tracking clinical trials has raised questions about the safety of the new vaccine.

On Wednesday, President Putin assured the nation that it would not be used unless it is proven to be safe. "We have to be absolutely sure about the vaccine," he said in televised remarks.

"This is what we're going to proceed from before we make further decisions on coronavirus vaccination."

Ms Golikova's remarks follow a CNN interview with the head of Russia's sovereign welfare fund, which bankrolls research and development for the coronavirus vaccine at the Gamalei Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology.

Mr Dmitriev said on Tuesday that the Gamaeli Institute is looking at August 10 as the earliest date to get approval, potentially making it the world's first approved vaccine.

"Russia will have got there first," he told CNN, likening the country's coronavirus research to the successful launch of the world's first satellite by the Soviet Union in 1957.

The fund's spokesman confirmed Mr Dmitriev's remarks to The Telegraph but would not offer further detail. He has said he hopes for Russia to produce about 30 million doses of the vaccine by the end of the year.

Russia has also struck manufacturing deals with five other countries and could be producing up to 170 million doses abroad this year, he said.

Mike Ryan, the executive director at the World Health Organisation, said earlier this months that "there is a long way to go" before the world gets its first approved vaccine.

The British Government, in the meantime, has signed a deal with pharmaceutical giants GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and Sanofi Pasteur for 60 million doses of a potential Covid-19 vaccine if the tests prove to be successful.

The Gamalei Institute is a reputable research centre which has developed clinically approved vaccines against Mers and Ebola, but it has faced criticism from the scientific community after its director revealed that he and other staff self-administered the vaccine way before the start of human trials.

Mr Dmitriev, a close ally of President Putin, has also said he and his family have tried the vaccine.

Earlier this month, the UK's National Cyber Security Centre revealed that a Russian hacking group had attempted to steal vaccine research from the University of Oxford and Imperial College London.

The Gamalei Institute, which announced a successful end of the first phase of human trials just days before the NCSC's announcement, vehemently denied a suggestion that Russian scientists might have benefited from the hack.

You can read the whole thing via the Yahoo link

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Nope you have to take Thailand vaccine, btw search voluntary for test

28 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Nope you have to take Thailand vaccine, btw search voluntary for test

I did but couldn't find a link to apply. I would love to volunteer for their vaccine trial. If you have a link please point.

Heck, they can vaccinate me with what they have and then bombard me with the virus as made by Wuhan Labs. And then send me to Texas to spend a day inside a crowd of anti-vax loons. If I still don't get sick from some horrible disease that should be the ultimate test and they can declare the vaccine safe and effective.

Edited by Why Me
  • Haha 2

not wanting to troll but there are too many coincidences here.....

Trump calls Vlad and all of a sudden US military stationed in Germany are leaving

US, Uk Canada blamed Russia for hacking drug companies

https://www.pcmag.com/news/russian-hackers-target-drug-companies-to-steal-covid-19-vaccine-research

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8532793/Putin-certainly-knew-Covid-hacking-says-former-intelligence-chair.html

Security Minister James Brokenshire today said the UK is at least '95 per cent' certain the Kremlin gave the green light for Russian cyber attacks designed to steal coronavirus vaccine research. 

and by the magic of things, a couple days later, Russia claims to have the vaccine.... maybe just a coincidence but one has to look back and based on Vlad's reputation, think about it twice

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Trump calls Vlad and all of a sudden US military stationed in Germany are leaving

https://www.pcmag.com/news/russian-hackers-target-drug-companies-to-steal-covid-19-vaccine-research

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8532793/Putin-certainly-knew-Covid-hacking-says-former-intelligence-chair.html

Security Minister James Brokenshire today said the UK is at least '95 per cent' certain the Kremlin gave the green light for Russian cyber attacks designed to steal coronavirus vaccine research. 

and by the magic of things, a couple days later, Russia claims to have the vaccine.... maybe just a coincidence but one has to look back and based on Vlad's reputation, think about it twice

Brits are clowns. You can safely ignore their "Russians stole my homework."

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I've said time and time again Russia's contributions to culture, science and technology are among the best the world has to offer and here they prove me right yet again. It is so hard to be right all the time.

Yep, you is right agin. Them's edercashan and larnin is at at a darn gud level.

Personally, all I care is that the Chinese don't win the vaccine race. It would totally suck given they could have done so much more to stop the plague within their own four walls.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I've said time and time again Russia's contributions to culture, science and technology are among the best the world has to offer and here they prove me right yet again. It is so hard to be right all the time.

If you have time, all the links to the posts where you stated Russia's contribution to culture, science and technology. I would really like to read them, so as to prove you right. Thanks. ????

17 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I used to work with James Brokenshire. Absolutely superb lawyer and great guy.

15 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I did but couldn't find a link to apply. I would love to volunteer for their vaccine trial. If you have a link please point.

Heck, they can vaccinate me with what they have and then bombard me with the virus as made by Wuhan Labs. And then send me to Texas to spend a day inside a crowd of anti-vax loons. If I still don't get sick from some horrible disease that should be the ultimate test and they can declare the vaccine safe and effective.

If you search google you fond a lot volunteer search for covid tests 19 but not Thailand because

they don't have 500 patients to test the vaccine, I am sorry not help you????

12 minutes ago, thequietman said:

If you have time, all the links to the posts where you stated Russia's contribution to culture, science and technology. I would really like to read them, so as to prove you right. Thanks. ????

Why not, enjoy my brilliant musings on culture, Russia, and its many wonderful accomplishments.

What a thrillride it will be for you. I would almost envy you, if I did not know I was the one who wrote it.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, kingdong said:

what happened to the uks wonder vaccine they were shouting from the rooftops a fortnight ago? seems every 3 weeks a cure or vaccine is found then you never hear any more.

The leader of the University of Oxford’s coronavirus vaccine development team has said the trials may face some issues because the prevalence of the infection has fallen in the UK.

She said they were “not convinced” that Covid-19 is still prevalent enough in the UK for the trial to produce results as quickly as they would like.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-vaccine-uk-cure-oxford-university-trial-treatment-a9481626.html

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

i would not count on them making it available to foreigners/foreign countries, at least not until everyone in Russia has had access which will likely take a year at least, maybe more. There is a reason why so many countries are wanting to develop their own vaccine.

There is also some safety concerns...the Russians appear ready to approve a vaccine based on only very small scale clinical trials.

Every country is struggling with how to juggle the urgent and time sensitive need on the one hand with normal safety precautions on the other. There is no clear answer to that but the Russians appear willing to take more risk than other countries are. Maybe it will pay off...or maybe it will come back to bite them badly.

a very good post,and a lesson in how a country should be more independent.o

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

i would not count on them making it available to foreigners/foreign countries, at least not until everyone in Russia has had access which will likely take a year at least, maybe more.

From https://tass.com/world/1176285:

... outcomes of the meeting between Russian Health Minister Mikhail Murashko and German Ambassador to Russia Geza Andreas von Geyr.

"During the meeting, they have discussed the prospects of further cooperation, namely the use of Germany’s production capacity to produce a Russian coronavirus vaccine," the message says.

Hopefully, if it looks good they'll further outsource production.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Why Me said:

From https://tass.com/world/1176285:

... outcomes of the meeting between Russian Health Minister Mikhail Murashko and German Ambassador to Russia Geza Andreas von Geyr.

"During the meeting, they have discussed the prospects of further cooperation, namely the use of Germany’s production capacity to produce a Russian coronavirus vaccine," the message says.

Hopefully, if it looks good they'll further outsource production.

So Germany will get some. That's excellent news. 

Very sensible cooperation.

Let's hope Putin doesn't bring the labrador.