PM announces talks with young-gen activists on Thailand's future

webfact

PM announces talks with young-gen activists on Thailand's future

By The Nation

800_aff2e9866a980d8.jpg?v=1596543439

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government will meet with representatives of the young generation this month to listen to their opinions and visions for Thailand’s future.

However, he said he needed more time to decide whether he would join the meetings in person.

The move comes amid a series of rallies by anti-government groups and student activists calling on the government to amend the Constitution and stop intimidating people for holding different ideas.

Prayut said all parties had to abide by the law. The PM also denied having threatened those with different opinions.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392433

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-05

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government will meet with representatives of the young generation this month to listen to their opinions and visions for Thailand’s future.

Talks cheap.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, blazes said:

I deactivated my Facebook account many years ago, but I am glad to see that the young of Thailand have learnt how to use the medium to further their ambition to work towards a more democratic society.

Far better use of FB than sending pics of what you are just about to eat to all your "friends".

Even if Prayut does not turn up, THEY will turn up at the next General Election.....

Yes, when and if there is one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

young-gen activists

The problems with any activists in Thailand is always: Who is behind them? Who pays them?

I am sure there are some genuine activist who really care about Thailand and the Thai people. And I wish them all the best. They should be heard and listened to.

But unfortunately there are too many people who call themselves activists but in reality they are the hired hands from some often well known super rich people with special interests. It's easy in Thailand to hire busloads of "activist". Give them free food and music and they do whatever you want.

20925-red%20shirt%20thailand597.jpg

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, bannork said:

A lot of these young protesters are from well known schools, they're middle class with parents working as professionals. Not so easy for the army to lock them up or hit them with serious charges, Prayud would be facing a lot of angry parents who are doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc 

Wonderful if that is the case.

From outside that is difficult to check. We had too many "from the people" protests in Thailand which were paid for by the rich and corrupt.

• Sad 1