Insurance with USD 100,000 COVID-19 coverage

Tagged

"

Are you looking for insurance with USD 100,000 COVID-19 coverage?

Check out our "Luma Thailand Pass" - travel insurance plans designed to meet the health insurance requirements for visitors wanting to enter Thailand during the COVID-19 pandemic.

A certificate will be provided to facilitate applications for the Certificate of Entry (CoE), as well as to present to relevant authorities when departing/arriving for Thailand.

Applying is easy and a certificate can be provided in 4-5 business days. Premiums start from 2,800THB per policy.

Just went trough the sign up form for travel insurance sent to me by a Luma insurance broker, and wondering if someone else is considering it, or have signed up? Have delayed my payment a bit to investigate a bit more. 

Link 

LUMA_Tune_brochure_production_v9.pdf?utm

0F3B9013-ADFC-46AA-B5C2-C3CD20EBCD94.png

4 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Interesting.

My reading of this is that it is purely a travel insurance and does not cover medical costs. So it covers medical evacuation and repatriation, but apparently not the costs of treatment. Is that correct?

I have the Covid med insurance for 850 baht which would cover the Covid part, but as you correctly point out, there is no $100,000 medical cover?

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

I had an e.mail from this company yesterday saying that this cover (Premiums start from 2,800THB per policy.) is no longer available.

I just filled in information, and about to pay. Also in contact with them in chat to verify my certificate is valid and at same time trying to figure out if its worth it or not. 

A Luma blog states ages up to 99 years

Travel insurance plans designed to meet the health insurance requirements for visitors wanting to enter Thailand during the COVID-19 pandemic.

All plans offer:
- Cover up to 3.5 million THB (equivalent to at least 100,000USD)
- COVID-19 cover

A certificate will be provided to facilitate applications for the Certificate of Entry (CoE), as well as to present to relevant authorities when departing/arriving for Thailand.

Applying is easy and a certificate can be provided in 4-5 business days. Premiums start from 2,800THB per policy. Simply submit the form in the below link to get a quote:
https://info.lumahealth.com/thailand-pass-quote

Terms of Conditions:

• Insurable age is 1-99 years old
  • This policy will not cover a person who has “Coronavirus Infection (Coronavirus) (2019-nCoV)”, or suspected of having 2019-nCoV, including any complications that existed before the effective date and is not yet cured.
  • This policy is not applicable to persons who have traveled to China in the last 14 days (from the date of the application).
  • Foreigners who would like to get this insurance plan must have lived in Thailand for at least 6 months prior to the date of the application.
  • Visa, work permit or any proof of residency in Thailand is required.

Read more here

https://blog.lumahealth.com/coronavirus-insurance-in-thailand

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

travel insurance plans designed to meet the health insurance requirements for visitors wanting to enter Thailand during the COVID-19 pandemic.

28 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Foreigners who would like to get this insurance plan must have lived in Thailand for at least 6 months prior to the date of the application.

Are there two different plans in play here? The info sheet at the top says applicants must be 1-75 years old.

The terms and conditions quoted says

34 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Terms of Conditions:

• Insurable age is 1-99 years old

26 minutes ago, potless said:

Are there two different plans in play here? The info sheet at the top says applicants must be 1-75 years old.

The terms and conditions quoted says

Im trying to figure it out now, and sent them e-mails and chatted whith them online. You know how difficult to figure out by finding information on web sites is concerning, when we dealing with insurance companies. 

• Like 1

It takes a team of code breakers to decypher insurance policies. Not just what the policy says but what it doesnt say. I remember some years back, the case of a British man with a family who took out Critical Illness insurance. He suffered a severe heart attack that left him unable to work. The insurance company refused to pay because it was deemed "the wrong kind of heart attack". Dont know if he ever got paid.

9 minutes ago, Tagged said:

So this is just worthless to me

6 minutes ago, potless said:

It takes a team of code breakers to decypher insurance policies. Not just what the policy says but what it doesnt say. I remember some years back, the case of a British man with a family who took out Critical Illness insurance. He suffered a severe heart attack that left him unable to work. The insurance company refused to pay because it was deemed "the wrong kind of heart attack". Dont know if he ever got paid.

Who is going to exit Thailand and reenter now? As far I know, it is very few manage to come back at all. 

• Like 1

There seems to be an awful lot of wiggle room in the following.... 

- Foreigners who would like to get this insurance plan must have lived in Thailand for at least 6 months prior to the date of the application.

- Visa, work permit or any proof of residency in Thailand is required.

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

- Foreigners who would like to get this insurance plan must have lived in Thailand for at least 6 months prior to the date of the application.

Yes, I saw that, and I got all of that, but then I see you need to pay the hospital yourselves, and then claim it back within 30 days after the incident started or happend. 

As well the two different pages where you can apply for the same insurance I believe, have different maximum age, and also claim it is cashless visit to hospitals whatever that means. 

50 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

First point - that needs clarification, does it mean the 6 months immediately prior to taking the policy, or 6 months living in Thailand historically?

And if the applicant is a long-term PR holder who hasn't left Thailand for many years or perhaps only left very occasionally for a short term times (e.g. 10 days) but the rest of the time in Thailand, does that qualify to get the policy? 

15 hours ago, DouglasTsui said:

What if you are outside of Thailand and wanting to get in after the 26Sep?

I would have taken it additional to my travelling insurance. Looks okay to a decent price, but limited and need as I said additional insurance. 

This is the answer from Luma regarding me jumping on the offer, and finding out it do not cover me, and this is the options she suggest for us who is living here. Cind of stupid, since we who live here should be  less risk to implement, than anyone who travelling from abroad. I already have one year insurance, but it does not cover covid, and I can not add on any extras. 

"

Thank you for your email and well noted.

Your understanding for LUMA THAILAND PASS (travel insurance) is correct.

However, we do also have health insurance plans to propose for Thai residents as attached called Asia Care Plus Thailand.

Option A covers in-patient treatments with an annual limit of THB 32M/year/person:

- Total annual premium = THB 70,044

Option B covers in-patient with an annual limit of THB 32M/year/person and out-patient with an annual limit of THB 192,000/year/person + health check-ups + vaccinations:

- Total annual premium = THB 135,525

Option C covers in-patient with an annual limit of THB 32M/year/person and out-patient with an annual limit of THB 32M/year/person + health check-ups + vaccinations:

- Total annual premium = THB 150,831

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards,"

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Are there age increases?  I mean brackets of 5 years like the other insurers?  that's what kills many policies last year I was 27k less than they want for premium this year.

That is for 50 to 55 I think. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, scorecard said:

I had an e.mail from this company yesterday saying that this cover (Premiums start from 2,800THB per policy.) is no longer available.

Sounds like they should merge with Air Asia promo fares....sounds about right...

On 8/7/2020 at 9:05 AM, Tagged said:

I would have taken it additional to my travelling insurance. Looks okay to a decent price, but limited and need as I said additional insurance. 

This is the answer from Luma regarding me jumping on the offer, and finding out it do not cover me, and this is the options she suggest for us who is living here. Cind of stupid, since we who live here should be  less risk to implement, than anyone who travelling from abroad. I already have one year insurance, but it does not cover covid, and I can not add on any extras. 

"

Thank you for your email and well noted.

Your understanding for LUMA THAILAND PASS (travel insurance) is correct.

However, we do also have health insurance plans to propose for Thai residents as attached called Asia Care Plus Thailand.

Option A covers in-patient treatments with an annual limit of THB 32M/year/person:

- Total annual premium = THB 70,044

Option B covers in-patient with an annual limit of THB 32M/year/person and out-patient with an annual limit of THB 192,000/year/person + health check-ups + vaccinations:

- Total annual premium = THB 135,525

Option C covers in-patient with an annual limit of THB 32M/year/person and out-patient with an annual limit of THB 32M/year/person + health check-ups + vaccinations:

- Total annual premium = THB 150,831

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards,"