PM: Tourism Promotion Must Continue

snoop1130

PM: Tourism Promotion Must Continue

gtry.PNG

BANGKOK, Aug 7 (TNA) — Tourists’ reservation of about 200,000 hotel rooms was still not enough and the government would come up with new tourism campaigns, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said.

He said that he was, however, pleased to learn media report that about 200,000 hotel rooms were booked in both major tourist provinces and less popular ones.

Gen Prayut said the government was trying to raise the expected number of tourists from 2 million to 10 million this year.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-493425

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-08-07

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Gen Prayut said the government was trying to raise the expected number of tourists from 2 million to 10 million this year.

2 million is already a tremendous accomplishment after driving many foreigners out of Thailand and softening the job market for the average Thai before the virus.  Guessing the millions of civil servants are making these trips, as they have a guaranteed job in the future. 

• Like 1

I don't get anything wrong with the thrust of what he is saying.

It's vital they keep the tourist infrustructure going and supported until as such time there is a vaccine/effective treatment for tourism to reopen.

Without support these hotels, attractions, shopping, nightlife, restaurants would all close down. Thus it would be a double blow when tourism does finally open, there will be a reduced 'load'. 

Many western countries are doing similar things to protect vital sectors of economy. The UK just announced the government will pay half your meal on weekdays. France are also encouraging domestic tourism with goverment giveaways. 

"Dear" PM

1) you are aware that a certain Mr. Anutin is part of your government, right?!

2) are you really so delusional, that you think, people will lock themselves into a 2 week quaranteen, which they pay by themselves, get an additional health- insurance AND a Covid- speed test, which is not even available in many countries!

I have 2 families in my close circle of friends who wanted to come to Thailand next year!

One was here 4 times already and told me, how much they miss YOUR COUNTRY!

They always stayed for 3 to 4 weeks!

Can you imagine their shock, when they heard about the hoops they have to jump through, to get back to holiday in their favorite spot?

Get off your Thailalaland cloud and join us here, in a place called REALITY!

• Haha 1

If i was allowed to run the Bangkok midnight marathon i would have taken one of those hotel rooms for 3 nights and helped the economy with associated travel costs etc, but as reported on tvf the event is only for thai's, why not make new car sales in fact any purchases only for thai's and as for the expat scheme to rid thailand of dual pricing to help the economy, ha ha ha.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Coming from the PM who's MO is "never enough for me" 

What stinks is that he's deluded enough to think his country holds some intangible over every country in the world.

The country was already on the nose, past peak.

Covid just slams it shut.  He's so deluded that borders into stupidity, ignorance, mental incompacity or mental illness / brain damage.

• Haha 1

Never mind the quarantine or the other prerequisites; they’re not even issuing tourist visas or allowing entry of any kind to all but a few small categories of foreigners in the first place. 10 million domestic tourists seems like a lot. One of these days they’re going to have to come up with some sort of sensible policy to allow those foreign tourists still willing and able to come to do so, or accept massive numbers of bankruptcies and failed businesses in the tourism industry and beyond.

3 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

"Dear" PM

1) you are aware that a certain Mr. Anutin is part of your government, right?!

2) are you really so delusional, that you think, people will lock themselves into a 2 week quaranteen, which they pay by themselves, get an additional health- insurance AND a Covid- speed test, which is not even available in many countries!

I have 2 families in my close circle of friends who wanted to come to Thailand next year!

One was here 4 times already and told me, how much they miss YOUR COUNTRY!

They always stayed for 3 to 4 weeks!

Can you imagine their shock, when they heard about the hoops they have to jump through, to get back to holiday in their favorite spot?

Get off your Thailalaland cloud and join us here, in a place called REALITY!

Hoops they have to jump through? Never mind that. Foreign tourists are not allowed - period.

17 hours ago, samsensam said:

“From now on, solutions must be figured out. Understanding must be created especially at the local level to prevent conflicts,” he said.

“All parties must understand how to stimulate the local economy. If foreign tourists are allowed in, there must be good preventive measures,” the prime minister said. (TNA)

he's speaking but he's not saying anything. how about outlining your plans? tell us what you're going to do?

Thailand PM speak with forked tongue.

it is sarcasm at this point black humor, who in the right mind will come with an additional expenses for all this new requirements, I think these "leaders" need a very good dose of reality. 

Tourism is dead and will keep that status until it returns as it was, if it never happens then find something else to do, or just innovate the sector with tourism at distance ????

5 hours ago, brommers said:

He is wearing a mask with an exhaust valve! That nice Mr Anutin needs to tell him that by doing this he is actually spreading his germs and viruses to everyone in his immediate presence. Covidiot!

I think you will find that is the dreaded 'Black Spot'..........the end is nigh..........

I saw a Amazing Thailand advert on TV earlier it finished with the strap line, "visit now, amazing Thailand"

What a waste of taxpayers money.

No tourists are coming when they can't even get a CoE from the embassy, let alone pay tens of thousands of baht for 2 weeks quarantine.

Edited by Andycoops
Spelling errors.
  • Like 1

Great idea.  

Book a 15 day holiday in Thailand.

spend the first 14 days in state quarantine, and have 1 day's holiday.  AT least you will know the cost before you leave home. and be saf from many of the scammers.

I can see this being a really popular idea.

Prayuth will order the tourists to come and send money.

• Like 1