U.S. Postal Service watchdog to probe service woes as worries rise about mail ballots

rooster59

41 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

"Each day the Postal Service processes and delivers 181.9 million pieces of First-Class Mail."

Still having a hard time understanding why they can't process and deliver what, 80-ish million ballots in a month or so? Most mail-ins will probably come from within a small geographic location.

They handle Christmas Cards, Mother's/Father's Day cards, JUNK MAIL, without a problem.

All that said, there's obviously more to this story as people have been complaining about mail delivery for a few months. Some people are going without required medicines.

Every state is different, but many do allow a third party to deliver a ballot. This is obviously necessary.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-10-who-can-collect-and-return-an-absentee-ballot-other-than-the-voter.aspx

Nadler could call for a emergency hearing .Bring in Dejoy!

Better and much less controversy ! Go to the polls,especially if the states never used universal mail in's(not to be confused with absentee) 

"More than 18,000 mail ballots not counted in Florida’s March presidential primary" These people never got ballots!

“We are in uncharted territory here,” Persily said. “Millions of voters are going to be voting in a way different than they have historically.”

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/06/29/more-than-18000-mail-ballots-not-counted-in-floridas-march-presidential-preference-primary/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Better and much less controversy ! Go to the polls,especially if the states never used universal mail in's(not to be confused with absentee) 

"More than 18,000 mail ballots not counted in Florida’s March presidential primary" These people never got ballots!

“We are in uncharted territory here,” Persily said. “Millions of voters are going to be voting in a way different than they have historically.”

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/06/29/more-than-18000-mail-ballots-not-counted-in-floridas-march-presidential-preference-primary/

I didn't get past the pay-wall of your source, but I assume it explained that in Florida, absentee ballots are only counted when the number of absentee ballots are enough to possibly change the election day results. 

It seems to me the mass mailing of ballots is what is being changed this election right? That's never been done before to my recollection.

So how is this "Trump trying to steal the election?" - surely he's trying to maintain the status quo.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

It seems to me the mass mailing of ballots is what is being changed this election right? That's never been done before to my recollection.

So how is this "Trump trying to steal the election?" - surely he's trying to maintain the status quo.

About 80% of people who say they will use mail say they're voting for Biden.

22 minutes ago, rcummings said:

I think this headline from factcheck.org says it all:

Biden Floats Baseless Election Conspiracy [UPDATE: See our latest story ‘Trump Proves Biden Right on USPS Funding, Mail-In Ballots’]

Full link here, conclusion: Biden now has proof for his claims. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/08/trump-proves-biden-right-on-usps-funding-mail-in-ballots/

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, J Town said:

About 80% of people who say they will use mail say they're voting for Biden.

Only idiots answer polls. 

Same people that vote for Biden. 

People on the right have jobs and businesses and are far too busy to answer polls. 

Hence the 2017 'shock' result

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

No, some states have all mail-in voting:
Five states – Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington – conduct what are commonly referred to as all-mail elections

https://ballotpedia.org/All-mail_voting

7 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

He's trying to suppress votes and steal an election that he is losing badly. It's pretty obvious. 

At this point he's mildly behind in the polls, and we know how polls go. Historically, 45 has been consistently 34-38% support from his base this entire term. He was outvoted by over 3 million. Yes, he's losing, he's outnumbered, and it will take energizing voters to get to the polls. Election 2016 people voted for 45 or stayed home because they hated Hillary. Election 2020, people are not voting FOR Biden, they're voting AGAINST 45.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But apparently they have enough time to stand in long queues without wearing masks while waiting to vote in person, all the while sharing their CV germs with those around them?  Since of course, people "on the right" wouldn't want to defy their master Trump and engage in that horrible, fraud-filled system of mailed-in ballots....  even though the hypocrite in chief does exactly that himself.

Fauci said that voting in person could be done safely

You know something he doesn't? 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rcummings said:

Fauci said in-person voting would be safe if the wearing of masks and social distancing was observed. Given the skepticism widespread among Trump supporters concerning such measures and the failure of many of them to comply, why should a rational voter take the risk? 

“I think if carefully done, according to the guidelines, there’s no reason that I can see why that not be the case,” Fauci told ABC News this week. “If you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don’t have a crowded situation, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to do that.”

He also spoke about concerned individuals,skeptical (otherwise) if not interested have a option!

"Fauci  doubled down and added "that individuals who are “compromised physically or otherwise” and who are not interested in physically going to the polls on Election Day, can use mail-in voting".

So those who think about the risks  and the consequences of possibly exposing themselves would have many options! 

Fauci rationalized  making such controversial recommendation knowing full well that some people would have concerns about  all (Americans) .

There are some states that will give voters a option to wear a mask and others who make it mandatory ! 

All Americans have choices, stay home and  vote or go to the polls

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fauci-no-reason-americans-cant-vote-in-person-november

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

“I think if carefully done, according to the guidelines, there’s no reason that I can see why that not be the case,” Fauci told ABC News this week. “If you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don’t have a crowded situation, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to do that.”

He also spoke about concerned  individuals (otherwise)if not interested have a option!

"Fauci  doubled down and added "that individuals who are “compromised physically or otherwise” and who are not interested in physically going to the polls on Election Day, can use mail-in voting".

So those who think about the risks  and the consequences of possibly exposing themselves would have many options! 

Fauci rationalized  making such controversial recommendation knowing full well that some people would have concerns about  all (Americans) .

There are some states that will give voters a option to wear a mask and others who make it mandatory ! 

All Americans have choices stay home and  vote or go to the polls

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fauci-no-reason-americans-cant-vote-in-person-november

Do you understand what fauci said? He basically said 'if all healthy people go voting wearing a mask and distancing, it is safe'.

Now what percentage of the US is wearing a mask and social distancing? My guess, considerably less than 50%. What are the chances of encountering someone who is not wearing a mask or social distancing on a voting trip? My guess, almost 100%.

So all in all, he said in person voting is unsafe if you have underlying health issues, or can transmit the virus to someone with underlying health issues, and it is unsafe in almost 100% of the other situations.

36 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Do you understand what fauci said? He basically said 'if all healthy people go voting wearing a mask and distancing, it is safe'.

Now what percentage of the US is wearing a mask and social distancing? My guess, considerably less than 50%. What are the chances of encountering someone who is not wearing a mask or social distancing on a voting trip? My guess, almost 100%.

So all in all, he said in person voting is unsafe if you have underlying health issues, or can transmit the virus to someone with underlying health issues, and it is unsafe in almost 100% of the other situations.

Yes, I just quoted what he said ! Its you who's  making up assumptions ("basically said ")

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

All Americans have choices, stay home and  vote or go to the polls

Not entirely true. For example in Texas the court ruled that looking to avoid catching covid was not sufficient grounds to qualify for a mail-in ballot.

Edited by rcummings

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Yes, I just quoted what he said ! Its you who's  making up assumptions ("basically said ")

You quoted, directly followed by the Fox interpretation.

So no, you just 'not just quoted', you gave an interpretation, just as I did.

Mine is correct.

On 8/16/2020 at 5:12 AM, 4reaL said:

Attached image of post boxes being removed from city streets.

This along with the lackey Post Master General appointed by Trump will prove a very precarious situation.

mailedit.jpeg

This isn't something that just happened, it has been going on for years, this is just  junk yard for old mail boxes