Myanmar men jailed for murder of British tourists on Koh Tao taken off death row

rooster59

55 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

2 innocent kids who couldn't rape a doll. I'm a hard and smart man and l read people in 2 min.

Yes let your Thai man roam free. 

Yes, its quite easy to tell who the violent people are and to tell which people are not violent .

Easy, like differentiating between a poodle and a Rottweiler 

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

a travesty of justice ... scapegoats comes to mind.

Starting to become a bit repetitive now.

No evidence to suggest they were innocent only the bitter minds of Expats who have been wronged in the past by a corrupt police force.

Admittedly the investigation was not handled correctly but that does not make them innocent

• Sad 1

Just imagine if you were on the Island and you had witnessed the murder and also had proof (pictures etc.,) would you dare to make a police report?

Would it be naif to think that the police will protect the witness?

I believe if you know the A to Z of how police do their job you will want to stay clear even if they say you will be protected as a witness.

There are quite a few other countries having the same problem, i.e. protection of key witness in murder cases.

23 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

They were told that if they comply with the story, they would get a lenient sentence 

"They were told." No one told them, right?
Come on, these two men had a sterling defence team, including a strong PR team sending out "news" and propaganda twice a day or more.

Your theory means that a team of lawyers, the Andy Hall gang, the entire foreign and local media and tens of thousands of onlookers including the men's families were totally unaware of any such offer AND refused to tell anyone about it after the trial and the death sentences.
You have a very exclusive, front-page story there Mr CorpusChristie. Too bad you have zero evidence, zero backup of your claim. 

• Sad 2

It was a very sketchy conviction, as this discussion proves, that's about all we can say with any certainty. Reminds me of a scene in Dr. Zhivago:

Zhivago: "It seems you've burnt the wrong village." Pasha: "They always say that, and what does it matter? A village betrays us, a village is burned. The point is made." Zhivago: "Your point - their village."

Someone had to get burnt, someone burned.

44 minutes ago, wandasloan said:

"They were told." No one told them, right?
Come on, these two men had a sterling defence team, including a strong PR team sending out "news" and propaganda twice a day or more.

Your theory means that a team of lawyers, the Andy Hall gang, the entire foreign and local media and tens of thousands of onlookers including the men's families were totally unaware of any such offer AND refused to tell anyone about it after the trial and the death sentences.
You have a very exclusive, front-page story there Mr CorpusChristie. Too bad you have zero evidence, zero backup of your claim. 

If you had followed the case, you would have been aware of this 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dene16 said:

Starting to become a bit repetitive now.

No evidence to suggest they were innocent only the bitter minds of Expats who have been wronged in the past by a corrupt police force.

Admittedly the investigation was not handled correctly but that does not make them innocent

Yes, repetitive because nearly everyone has the same opinion .

There is a huge amount of evidence to suggest that other persons are guilty of this crime

No, we are not "bitter" just because we have "been wronged by a corrupt police force"

No, the investigation handled badly doesnt make them innocents , its the fact that ***** & ***** did the murders and NOT the Burmese 2 that makes them innocent 

Edited by CorpusChristie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

What DNA they supposedly had was analysed by the incompetent BIB, mis-handled, all used up etc., in other words useless information to assist the 2 Burmese guys but very helpful for "you know who".

And its quite plausible that the DNA gave the results they didnt want , so, they destroyed the rest of the DNA and falsified the "wrong" results (they had)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

There is a huge amount of evidence to suggest that other persons are guilty of this crime

Rubbish. You should be a writer of fairy tales

The actions of the 2 suspects were not the actions of innocent men

One of the suspects tried to flee the island before being arrested

The one man that could apparently help to prove their innocence chose to flee and not return (some will say ’would you’)

Both suspects confessed to the crime knowing that if they did they would not receive the death penalty

Only after consultation with lawyers after the event informing them that regardless of the confession they would still receive the death penalty did they change their plea

I ask you, would you confess to murder if you had not committed it? . knowing that you are going to spend the next 20 years in a Thai prison. Tortured or not

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The Burmese guy who tried to flee the Island was on his way to Bangkok following the real murderer

I'm sorry but if you believe that you are very naive.

The problem was that the defence story/ stories had more holes in it than a colander

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

I'm sorry but if you believe that you are very naive.

The problem was that the defence story/ stories had more holes in it than a colander

No, there was no problem with the actual trial .

The reason for the trial was to find the Burmese 2 guilty , the trial wasnt about finding out who the actual murderers were , it was about proving to the World that "Thais would never do such a thing" and that it was foreigners who committed the murders , it wasnt about actually finding out who did it 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The reason for the trial was to find the Burmese 2 guilty , the trial wasnt about finding out who the actual murderers were , it was about proving to the World that "Thais would never do such a thing"

Some people have stated ‘where is the evidence’ but the fact is the defence offered zero evidence to exonerate them, please do not say innocent until proven guilty. In fact there were many irregularities as to why the defence did not question or pursue many avenues.

It can only be assumed it was because there were no creditable avenues to follow

Edited by Dene16
addition

11 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

Some people have stated ‘where is the evidence’ but the fact is the defence offered zero evidence to exonerate them, please do not say innocent until proven guilty. In fact there were many irregularities as to why the defence did not question or pursue many avenues.

It can only be assumed it was because there were no creditable avenues to follow

Do you have any connection to Koa Tao or any affiliation with the murderers ?

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Do you have any connection to Koa Tao or any affiliation with the murderers ?

It just amazes me how naive and short sighted people can be, they only see what they want to see

The only defence offered in the trial, was that it was a forced confession. Literally nothing else.

Don't you find that strange?

5 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

It just amazes me how naive and short sighted people can be, they only see what they want to see

The only defence offered in the trial, was that it was a forced confession. Literally nothing else.

Don't you find that strange?

Interesting that you wont answer my straight forward question .

Reason I ask , is that the only people who seem to think the Burmese 2 are guilty are those same people who have vested business interests in the island and want tourists to return and they have no concern about who actually did the murders

40 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

Most "irregularities" were not  connected to the B2!

Starting with the uncle of the original suspect , freely roaming the crime- scene and ending with the DNA "being used up"!

By the way: the 2 times in my time in Thailand, that I had an interaction with the police, they were very helpful, so I have no PERSONAL grudge with them!

Still, they are abunch of the most inept and corrupt people in the land!

Edited by The Barmbeker
  • Like 2