Lft's

Hi

I had blood work done for my diabetes last week and my doctor called today and told me to quit alcohol for 4 weeks.

My GGT (430) ALT (110) and AST (110) are all raised. She wants to check wether alcohol or lipitor is causing this.

I do like to drink and do so regularly. I do not know how to interpret the results and do not have time to get to my doctor until next week. I have suitably terrified myself by researching this on the internet.

So questions

1- what do the results indicate

2 - what does it mean if the tests are normal in 4 weeks

Cheers

James

I have had diabetes for over 30 years, take insulin 4 times a day, and a whole team of pills to slow down my heart, lower my cholesterol and my blood pressure.

I can't analyse your results - but I will tell you that if you want to stay as healthy as possible, and live to a good age, then the very best thing you can do is quit drinking alcohol.

Alcohol and diabetes don't mix, and if you can't exercise extreme moderation (like 1 can of beer or 2 glasses of wine a day), then don't drink at all.

You'd be amazed how much it will improve your health and your blood sugar levels.

Elevated LFTs are a sign that your liver is being damaged and the most likely cause of this is alcohol abuse. If your bilirubin level is also high then it is a sign of futher damage.

I had elevated LFTs but gave up alcohol and they are now fine. It is important to note though that normal LFTs does not mean that your liver is not damaged it could just mean that you are having a good day, liver wise. The normal procedure is for repeat bloods and if they remain high for a referal to a gastroenterologist and possible liver biobsy.

The following forum is aimed at quiting alcohol but there is also advise on your liver (but you will need to look for it);

http://wqd.netwarriors.org/

Thanks for the replies and advice. I stopped drinking Monday after the phone call and hopefully will have no problem staying dry for 4 weeks.

Cheers

James

If you start drinking after 4 weeks your problems start all over again.

The liver is recupating during your 4 weeks without drinking. If you

continue drinking one day you will find that you have cirrhosis of the liver which usually results in early death.

Hi

I had blood work done for my diabetes last week and my doctor called today and told me to quit alcohol for 4 weeks.

My GGT (430) ALT (110) and AST (110) are all raised. She wants to check wether alcohol or lipitor is causing this.

I do like to drink and do so regularly. I do not know how to interpret the results and do not have time to get to my doctor until next week. I have suitably terrified myself by researching this on the internet.

So questions

Cheers

James

LIPITOR will kill you quicker than alcohol

Do some search on Dr Mercola and Lipitor - you will be shocked at what the drug companies release on markets

Hi

So questions

Cheers

James

Do some search on Dr Mercola and Lipitor - you will be shocked at what the drug companies release on markets

I think you are wrong. Although Lipitor has some serious sideeffects

it's heavy drinking that kills you first. Very few people has a liver that

can tolerate heavy drinking. An example is Winson Churchill who drank

a bottle of whisky during daytime and a bottle of cognac during the

evening. If my memory not fails me he died at the age of 85.

Hi

So questions

Cheers

James

I think you are wrong. Although Lipitor has some serious sideeffects

it's heavy drinking that kills you first. Very few people has a liver that

can tolerate heavy drinking. An example is Winson Churchill who drank

a bottle of whisky during daytime and a bottle of cognac during the

evening. If my memory not fails me he died at the age of 85.

Dear sir

for your education

Lipitor lowers cholesterol

cholesterol is VITAL for the body to function

Lipitor also interferes with Q10 in the body

Q10 is Vital for the body to function

In two studies, EXCEL, and FACAPT/TexCAPS, more deaths occurred in the treatment group (on Lipitor) compared to controls. Dr. Ravnskov's 1992 meta-analysis of 26 controlled cholesterol-lowering trials found an equal number of cardiovascular deaths in the treatment and control groups and a greater number of total deaths in the treatment groups.32

These drugs werent available for Winston (pre 1987)

Live to 85 - drinking 2 bottles of hard grog per day - stress - thats a good long life -

DONT TAKE STATINS

Thus, low cholesterol--whether due to an innate error of metabolism or induced by cholesterol-lowering diets and drugs--can be expected to disrupt the production of adrenal hormones and lead to:

* Blood sugar problems

* Edema

* Mineral deficiencies

* Chronic inflammation

* Difficulty in healing

* Allergies

* Asthma

* Reduced libido

* Infertility

* Various reproductive problems

find alternatives as there are many