Car Blocking the Entrance to my House.

10 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Park your car in front of their house. They will get the message.

I would do but the brothers car Policeman or ex Policeman is parked there, he is approachable, I got the impression his brother has just turned up.i would approach him but my wife said she will, I won’t hold my breath on that though.  Looking inside the car it looks like he has his worldly possessions in it.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Edit
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Is it to do with their lack of education, I had thoughts of getting someone to phone a car removal truck and take it away, that way it couldn’t be traced back to me.

In the 1980s I lived in London near a park. Sometimes, if there were summer events going on, someone would park a car in front of my garage. No big deal, trolley jack out and simply raise the offending car and push it out into the street. The police would then come and tow it away LOL.

The OP might have an issue moving the neighbour's car though as he's already given himself up as being inconvenienced by it.

• Like 1

My missus would be the one telling them to move it, she has a calm way of saying things that eventually the person she wants to berate starts laughing and complies, I wish I could understand Thai more. If it was a cop he would get the full verbal yak yak, strong she is. 

There is a cop or look alike wanna be, with an unlicensed old beat up cop pick up we see on the ferry she asked him once why no plate "I'm waiting for it to arrive" this has been going on for years, and every time she sees him "Plate still not come yet then?" :cheesy::clap2::cheesy::cheesy:

One Songkran a cop got powder smeared on his face he was lent over a barrel of water  washing it off, she came up behind him and pushed his head under :thumbsup: :cheesy::clap2:

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Don't do that, under any circumstances.

They will know it was you.

Even if you were speaking Thai to the fellow, Thais sometimes assume anything coming out of a foreigner's mouth must be not Thai and make no effort to listen. OR, he may have been a subordinate of some type and not in a position to speak for his boss, and certainly not going to ask him for you.

I think only solution is for you to go over to the house yourself and very, very nicely, offer to help them move the car slightly so that your gate is not blocked.

I have already suggested this to my wife, a big no no, she said, you don’t approach or question people in authority is her attitude. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I had a similar situation many years ago, but it was a driveable car that was parked opposite my driveway. When I complained and asked him to move it, so I could park in my driveway, his mate came upto me and blindsided me with a smack to the side of the face.

Sold the house and moved after that.

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My missus would be the one telling them to move it, she has a calm way of saying things that eventually the person she wants to berate starts laughing and complies, I wish I could understand Thai more. If it was a cop he would get the full verbal yak yak, strong she is. 

There is a cop or look alike wanna be, with an unlicensed old beat up cop pick up we see on the ferry she asked him once why no plate "I'm waiting for it to arrive" this has been going on for years, and every time she sees him "Plate still not come yet then?" :cheesy::clap2::cheesy::cheesy:

One Songkran a cop got powder smeared on his face he was lent over a barrel of water  washing it off, she came up behind him and pushed his head under :thumbsup: :cheesy::clap2:

We had an instance in the last house where the neighbour parked an old bike opposite the house just to annoy us, over the months several arguments developed even to the extent the Thai fella was writing abusive messages on the wall and making comments when walking past him. This culminated in violence where the fella assaulted my wife, this was tonight before we were due to fly to the U.K. The Police were called fella was given a written warning, we could have gone to the hospital to asses her injury but as we were were flying out the next day we didn’t bother.

This is the main reason my wife doesn’t want confrontation as in her mind history could repeat itself, when she gets going she is unstoppable !

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

She said you might speak to people like that in England but not in Thailand,

Not in Thailand? Nothing of the sort in our neighborhood(s) All the cops are easy going including my wife’s cousin, except for when he’s had too much to drink, then he starts firing and unloading his pistol out into the rice swap at around 1:00am.

Edited by novacova
Correction of a failed text predictor
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A car was ‘dumped’ more or less directly opposite the gates of my house last week meaning I can’t get the car indoors now, it’s a narrow Soi. It’s years old, sporty type with huge spoiler on the boot, full of junk, there is what looks like a Police ID Card hanging inside it, it’s covered in dust and hasn’t been taxed for years. 
I have discovered it belongs to the Policeman’s brother who lives a few houses down the Soi, my Thai wife says don’t say anything as we will be hassled by the Police if we report it. The other day a Thai with dyed yellow hair started ‘dusting’ the car down, I approached him and asked when is he going to move ii as it was blocking the access to my house,blank look then indicated it doesn’t start. My Thai wife went off it saying I shouldn’t have said anything resulting in her going in a no speaking mode for the next few hours. She said you might speak to people like that in England but not in Thailand, I wasn’t aggressive just asked how long was it going to be there for.

Obviously nothing illegal about where the car is parked but it’s totally inconsiderate and ignorant to have parked his car there more so he blanked me when I asked him when he was going to move it.

Listen to the Mrs if you value your property & life!

I don’t expect to die of natural causes as originally planned here.

Currently have a feud with the Dog

neighbor and other minor issues, like 

beeping the horn at careless motorists/ motorbike drivers.

Listen to your Mrs.

imop

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1