COVID TEST AND FIT FLY CERT IN 72 HOURS

I have a elite visa, hopefully I will be able to travel to Thailand soon. For USA visa holder who has entered Thailand during the Pandemic, how and where do you get;

A Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before departure and a ‘Fit to Fly Health Certificate’ issued no more than 72 hours before departure.

Where in the USA can you obtain these documents? any information will be helpful. Thanks

"Where in the USA can you obtain these documents?"

All depends on your locality.

As Wars has mentioned above a private lab (self-paid option) should be you best (quickest) bet since in most areas it takes more than 72 hours to receive results of the free testing.

Private lab RT-PCR prices in my area range from $110 (24 hours) to $450 (same day).

• Like 1

Have you contacted the embassy in Washington DC or one of the official consulate in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles about applying for a certificate of entry and etc needed to board a repatriation flight yet?

Some info is here on embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

Note that they are still stating in the info Thai Elite holders are not allowed to apply yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Bond said:

Im in TEXAS, are they any specific places with names? I can look into.

Have you started the process of applying for the certificate of entry. Texas is within the embassies service area so that is where you will need to apply for the certificate on entry.

You will not need the test or fit to fly certificate until they have a scheduled you for a flight.

Get your online process done first. It is speculated that the next round of expats allowed in will include elite visa holders... once you get that initial application completed you get the repatriation flight date. Then book your medical doctor appointment near the time you fly. Explain the timing issue when you book your medical examination, as the medical office will need to time your lab sample to be sent to the lab so that the result comes back within the 72 hour window.