Multi-ministry drive to open up Thailand to foreign tourism by October 1st, tourism minister

webfact

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I can always rely on a minister or TAT official to keep my sides working with laughter. I understand that to these folk, Thailand is the centre of the universe but if they did look outside of their bubble, they would realise the rubbish they sprout on a daily/weekly basis. 

The can has been kicked down the road so many times on this topic, I was looking for the 2021 to be added to the 1st October.

Too true. The man should've embarked on a vaudeville cabaret career instead of going into politics. But then again, vaudeville and politics are almost the same thing in Thailand.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I am waiting for the day when Thailand can go for an entire week without doing a back-flip on its policy. We have had every scenario possible suggested over the past few weeks. I wonder what restrictions they will be planning for the lucky travelers who are obviously queuing already to kick the door down to get in?

I would be careful with the words I am using: "We have had every scenario possible" 

I am sorry to correct you but you are wrong ....they are quite resourceful....you haven't seen the end of it yet 555

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

It's pretty simple.

Twinning is another term for bubble. 

Bubble and all that malarky was to let Chinese tourists back into the country.

The same China that has wrecked Thailand's economy, and the world. 

What's inept is trusting China after all this.

ShameFULL. 

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fa.msn.com%2Fr%2F2%2FBB185LDy%3Fm%3Den-au%26referrerID%3DInAppShare%26fbclid%3DIwAR38UOPZsNieSKO7mmnd5fITpwHfPHrI3P5M8xIhxTxB-jZshlfLvQ5CxZI&h=AT1bMwjn2ItQ5ZU5xEoIxm7SvoZ4lW03ocrVa9E1-f2MAt_b_c-nM1-4BZEdA-vQ--6ELSWt-kxZqjwOuK3DEAKMlsAhIRJYE6WbxbCGwNIgUp_p1D-HGDWeTaOnBuc8L9YCVwnGNTnzUpCnWhZW&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT0g9JeiqR9kNHGsRcTehCOp7PdSaJNCeAbZm7TZZUJN12m1KhXeS014PFi0k9SYZAJ_uHNrrBRL90JT6s3KB8TXp_5P8ZbyU7my-WrCTrxWgJ5ufq-LTu4jiF4o94mtNRCdHkMUH9hh9hJsRY0q 

Meanwhile in Wuhan 

Edited by findlay13

33 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Great news my retirement visa runs out in september to burst my bubble????

Same here. I take it, like me, you are outwith Thailand? Hopefully once we can get back in this will be taken into consideration upon renewal but I wont hold my breath.

9 minutes ago, OnTheRun said:

Same here. I take it, like me, you are outwith Thailand? Hopefully once we can get back in this will be taken into consideration upon renewal but I wont hold my breath.

Unfortunately, they won't be taken into consideration.

Immigration have already stated that extensions are not part of the amnesty and, if not renewed by the due date. they will expire and you will need to start again.

I think there is no doubt about that so I think your expectations need to managed accordingly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Unfortunately, they won't be taken into consideration.

Immigration have already stated that extensions are not part of the amnesty and, if not renewed by the due date. they will expire and you will need to start again.

I think there is no doubt about that so I think your expectations need to managed accordingly.

Ok cheers, it is more or less what I've resigned myself to. A real pain in the backside having to go through the full process again as opposed to the 1 day renewal.

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Do you really believe that a Tourist will agree to 14 days of quarantine yet afford it??

Yes snow birds and retirees that spend 3 months at the Nana hotel. I think all of SEA have mandatory quarantine as do most countries. Of course the 2 week millionaire's won't come but better something more than sitting on hands 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Does anyone in these ministries have a brain? Travel bubble no good, so we will replace it with a "twinning Country" system, which is essentially the same thing, but because it has a different name, all will apparently be well?

As we are all aware, Travel bubbles were rejected as a non starter by the PM, however as this new name "Twin countries" is a Thai initiative this will be acceptable, because Thailand's idea. Remember the whole world revolves around Thailand ???? Plus I forgot to mention the small matter of High Season, which IMHO will be a flop.

Edited by Anna Rak
  • Like 2