Covid-19 'may claim 5 million lives' by year-end

rooster59

2 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Thailand is as good or as bad as most other well performing countries, let's say in Europe, or let's say like Malaysia, Vietnam, Japan, South Korea....

What do you expect regarding boom-boom-boom with 5-10 additionaly deaths per day, in the whole country, as they have in Europe right now?

Do you really mean in Europe the crematories are overwhelmed with 5-10 additional deaths per day in a country, in countries with 50 to 80 million people like Italy, Germany, Poland, UK?

Covid-19, the grand theatre and drama in Thailand!

It was a simple question to which I expected a simple yes, no or C below. That's all.

Your answer? 

A) Yes

B) No

C) Do not live near enough to a temple that does cremations to hear

30 minutes ago, oompie69 said:

It was a simple question to which I expected a simple yes, no or C below. That's all.

Your answer? 

A) Yes

B) No

C) Do not live near enough to a temple that does cremations to hear

2 hours ago, oompie69 said:

Anybody living near temples that do cremations heard any major increase in Boom- Boom-Boom in the mornings or afternoons?

There would have to be a noticeable increase in this if Thailand is fudging the statistics, would there not?

Any comments on this? 

1. It was not a simple yes/no question. You asked for a comment, so I gave a comment. Please see above. If you don't remember, I suggest you read your own post again.

2. My requested comments about this you can read in my reply. If you don't understand my reply, I suggest you read it again and try to understand. But I don't have a problem if you don't read and don't understand. Not my problem.

3. No, no need to live close to a temple, and I don't expect there is anything to hear beyond normal.

Edited by Flying Saucage

Even if this Thai doctor is wrong about the year end tally of CV deaths, a year end number of 1.5 million at the current pace or even higher isn't anything to dismiss...

That's ONE POINT FIVE MILLION dead souls in the world out there who normally would be alive... Fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, co-workers, etc etc. Try to keep that in mind...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

1. It was not a simple yes/no question. You asked for a comment, so I gave a comment. Please see above. If you don't remember, I suggest you read your own post again.

2. My requested comments about this you can read in my reply. If you don't understand my reply, I suggest you read it again and try to understand. But I don't have a problem if you don't read and don't understand. Not my problem.

3. No, no need to live close to a temple, and I don't expect there is anything to hear beyond normal.

So, I take it your answer is no. Phew! At last.  By the way, what is "Saucage"? I googled it but came up blank.

35 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Even if this Thai doctor is wrong about the year end tally of CV deaths, a year end number of 1.5 million at the current pace or even higher isn't anything to dismiss...

That's ONE POINT FIVE MILLION dead souls in the world out there who normally would be alive... Fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, co-workers, etc etc. Try to keep that in mind...

In case you missed it, the numbers are not correct. Italy counted wrong, the UK counted wrong and the U.S. CDC admitted to lying about CV19 death numbers. There is a myriad of recounts going on right now. The point is, if you go and take a look at the erroneous counts... the number are not correct. 

Edited by Tounge Thaied

15 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

In case you missed it, the numbers are not correct. Italy counted wrong, the UK counted wrong and the U.S. CDC admitted to lying about CV19 death numbers. There is a myriad of recounts going on right now. The point is, if you go and take a look at the erroneous counts... the number are not correct. 

In the overall world wide sense, if the official CV death numbers are wrong, they're probably wrong on the LOW side, not the high side.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

I agree with this Doctor, and he maybe even under forecasting the number of deaths.

The USA is still putting out great numbers, that is the Fractured States of America,

where Freedom is still more important that wearing a dreaded mask, or staying 6 feet 

away from a stranger in public.  There are even people there who have multiple guns

and who I would not want to associate with even when they are happy.  I will wait until

January 2nd 2021 to see how right this doctor's forecast is.

Geezer

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Please follow up with how covid is just like the flu.

Better still, call it "this year's flu" just like some people I know, despite the fact it's a different class of virus, with some quite different effects (eg causes much worse blood clotting than flu viruses).

1 hour ago, oompie69 said:

So, I take it your answer is no. Phew! At last.  By the way, what is "Saucage"? I googled it but came up blank.

oompieoompieoompie, yes, better you take it as a no and go to bed now my friend. Relax a little! Calm down! And, after our previous conversation I did not expect that you understand why I chose to write Flying Saucage with a 'c' . This requires a minimum of something you might lack.

Edited by Flying Saucage

25 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

oompieoompieoompie, yes, better you take it as a no and go to bed now my friend. Relax a little! Calm down! And, after our previous conversation I did not expect that you understand why I chose to write Flying Saucage with a 'c' . This requires a minimum of something you might lack.

When I get back to Thailand perhaps you can explain it to me over a couple of beers. Always willing to learn new things, and would afford you the opportunity to enlighten me further on what I lack. B.T.W. I wanted to start a thread with the title: Any increase in Boom-Boom-Boom where you are staying but the thought of where that would lead to in the threads dissuaded me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marco100 said:

5 milioni??? Covid deaths are at 800.000 worldwide and is end of August and deaths are slowing down . Who shots this numbers ? Hope Medias stop terrorizing people ! We are 7.5 bilion ....

Almost a quarter of them are Chinese! ????  ????

18 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

this dude is so bad in math

if double of now, it would be 2 million max

but old sick people marked for death in the next 6 months, have already died, they cannot die twice, can they?

James  Bond  only  lived  twice

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just a normal  years  road deaths @1.35  million

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

of course, only returnees and dirty farang spread the virus, while

thailand is been kept clean and pure thanks to the great government support.

YEP!  You're right.

15 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Stop posting fake information. Max 650k die yearly from influenza. Sometimes much less. 

Hi Jeff it's not fake it actually happened in 1918 and they called it the Spanish flu.In 1957 Asian flu pandemic killed 1.1 million people.

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic caused by the H1N1 influenza A virus. Lasting from February 1918 to April 1920, it infected 500 million people–about a third of the world's population at the time–in four successive waves. The death toll is typically estimated to have been somewhere between 17 million and 50 million, making it one of the deadliest pandemics in human history.[

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Hi Jeff it's not fake it actually happened in 1918 and they called it the Spanish flu.In 1957 Asian flu pandemic killed 1.1 million people.

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic caused by the H1N1 influenza A virus. Lasting from February 1918 to April 1920, it infected 500 million people–about a third of the world's population at the time–in four successive waves. The death toll is typically estimated to have been somewhere between 17 million and 50 million, making it one of the deadliest pandemics in human history.[

your post indicated it happened yearly. It doesn't. And that was a decade ago! LOL

20 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

your post indicated it happened yearly. It doesn't. And that was a decade ago! LOL

Nah if you have a look I indicated it happened one year and yes it was a century ago.I keep saying it's just the flu to counter the fear mongering I see surrounding this pandemic,people die from the flu and people die from Covid-19 so they share similar outcomes they both cause ongoing health issues and they both have "flu like symptoms",they both have different strains and as I said the death toll varies from year to year.What I fear most is this "new normal" idea and maybe we should have a vote to see if we want a "new normal" or not instead of it being forced upon us by overzealous politicians.The "new normal" will entail living in mortal fear of anything that shows potential to cause anybody harm. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

The official death toll is probably a vast under-estimate. Many people, particularly in 3rd world countries die without any diagnosis. One report from a doctor in Bolivia said that the actual number of deaths was four times the 'official' figure. We will not really know how many died until excess death rates are available (if available) for all countries for 2020. 

5 million may be a little high, but the real death rate will probably exceed 2 million - unlikely to be lower - but could be a lot, lot, higher - many countries are facing a new wave, which could infect far more people than have been so far.

• Haha 1

How typical the  commentary here is based  on "First World " thinking which ignores the unknown as yet of the impact on global populations from which accumulated  data is as yet erratic  or unrecorded.

Will it  be so easy to  dismiss a genocidal impact in refugee camps whose containment is the result of  "First World" interference and agitation initially?

Callous  Muthers !

Not again!

We have seen these ridiculously high fear mongering numbers during the first wave and they all turned out to be extremely wrong. 

They treat us like we are complete morons. OK, but not all of us are and we can easily see thru the games being played here. Fear Fear Fear. What BS! Totally not believable. 

On 8/23/2020 at 1:44 PM, mtls2005 said:

Yep.

Dr. Yong may need new glasses?

You’re assuming that the numbers will stay stable through the northern winter. 
it’s obvious after all this time you still have little understanding of the virus. 

21 hours ago, bodga said:

Just a normal  years  road deaths @1.35  million

The CV deaths are in addition to the road deaths.... not instead of them for the most part...

So my original point stands. This is heading toward 1.5 million people in the world dead this year who wouldn't otherwise be dead... on top of all the other "normal" causes of deaths -- heart disease, cancer, etc...

At least in the U.S., road deaths are fairly far down on the list of the top causes of death annually... Cancer and heart disease are the top two causes pretty much every year... And this year, a totally new cause, coronavirus, is likely going to be #3 in the U.S.

from over counting to now under reporting, imo the death rate will be higher than this especially in Africa/India. Many governments are now hiding/clouding figures worried about economic bottom lines, trouble is the whole world is sick so an individual country can't do squat anyways so the subterfuge is pointless. Interesting study I read stated that humidity is one of main factors of how easy the virus is transmittable. Seems higher moisture content of the air surround the beast with the additional weight causing it to fall rather than travel. Conversely the drier the air the more widespread the aerosol spread. With winter approaching and with lower humidity plus the artificial drying of indoor air by heaters it's expected to cause rampant transmission rates. Though I'm hoping against hope, 2021 could be worse than 2020.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The CV deaths are in addition to the road deaths.... not instead of them for the most part...

So my original point stands. This is heading toward 1.5 million people in the world dead this year who wouldn't otherwise be dead... on top of all the other "normal" causes of deaths -- heart disease, cancer, etc...

At least in the U.S., road deaths are fairly far down on the list of the top causes of death annually... Cancer and heart disease are the top two causes pretty much every year... And this year, a totally new cause, coronavirus, is likely going to be #3 in the U.S.

It's #3 now. The US has done a terrible job dealing with the virus. All due to politics. 

Look at the chart here. Terrible. 

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/21366624/trump-covid-coronavirus-pandemic-failure?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Sentences 82420&utm_content=Sentences 82420+CID_8a6e77c9e833370101de7ae7bcdfc6cf&utm_source=cm_email&utm_term=How Trump let Covid-19 win

• Like 2