Grand Filano

izod10

Quite like this bike as grocery getta.  trying for second hand 150cc  but common as hens teeth. If I buy a 115/125 cc a re-bore  possibly could cheaply be done,new piston and rings      think the suspension, carbs are all the same   Any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't bother messing about with all that, if you can't find one get a 150i Click

I agree.  I had a Grand Filano.  I gave it to my mother-in-law and bought myself a Honda 150i Click.  I think the Honda is a better ride.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, statman78 said:

I agree.  I had a Grand Filano.  I gave it to my mother-in-law and bought myself a Honda 150i Click.  I think the Honda is a better ride.

and and and the 125i is very good, comfortable at 80-100 kph, 80 is usually enough on Sukhumvit, acceleration from lights beats most bikes

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, statman78 said:

disagree 100%, 150 Grand Filano by far the best for comfort and sensible additions

I have briefly researched big bore kits and have been told "No can do".

I bought a stock cylinder and piston but have yet to fess up in person and see what can be done. 

A work in progress. Not buying one unless I can do something. I'll go Vespa 155.

Had a honda scoopy for years and changed to a Grand filano.

What I noticed was the the scoopy was quicker,didn't vibrate as much,much better build quality from the Honda.

I wouldnt buy a nmax/Tmax as I just dont feel like they are as good as a honda and slower.

I would recommend the Yamaha Lexi over the filano, the lexi has more of what you like about the filano, and is faster and more powerful, go and test ride them both. The Yamaha lexi is designed for larger (taller) riders. 

lexi_main.jpg

Edited by ABreedApart
Grammar
  • Like 1

Not really much difference between 125 and 150's performance wise. My GT125 Yamaha (same engine as filano?) keeps up with a pcx 150 up until about 60. 

The filano does have a higher seating position so you short arzez and those whose Thai ladies like to ride haha it might mean tip toes at the traffic lights.

12 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Not really much difference between 125 and 150's performance wise. My GT125 Yamaha (same engine as filano?) keeps up with a pcx 150 up until about 60. 

I guess you never rode a 150cc scooter.

GT125: 9.5 HP

Click 150: 13.1 HP

That's nearly 40% more power, and you definitely notice it.

Tiny wheel scooters (13 inch)  handle and ride like <deleted>. A Honda PCX does it all. Or the 150i. Honda has an over 74% market share here in thailand. 1,400,000 plus sold last year, compared to Yamaha 200,000 something sold. Hond has dealers and shops everywhere . 

My Thai lady owns 22 rental  scooters , and both her and I do not rate the Yammies.

They are rougher starters and the springs start rusting within 6 months due to thin powder coating.

( We live near a beach ) 

• Like 2