"GPS made me do it!" Six wheel truck ends up in the klong after wooden bridge collapses

webfact

39 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Following the GPS is now catching up with "no brakes" as the default excuse!!!

I can believe that GPS sent him there LennyW......so many Eastern European drivers end up stuck in small villages in the UK .

But this guy should not have tried to cross a bridge like that fully loaded.

27 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

when they end up in a river. 

Don´t worry, Wittawat is still laughing and partying with his friends, telling a fantastic story about the sand truck and the water. 

Out looking for new job tomorrow. His next boss is happily going to let him drive an even bigger truck.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Anybody with half a  brain would see that bridge was not strong enough

Waiting for comments.????

The only surprise is that it lasted this long!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the bridge was 30 years old

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

If the GPS made him do it, or what other mysterious force that made him do it is irrelevant. 

What´s important is that Wittawat is a shiny and strong example of the enormous lack of common sense, that this country is struggling with on a daily basis.

Oh get over yourselves willya?

Do a quick Google for "GPS fail" YouTube's and tell me how many Thai drivers y'all come up with.

Edited by NanLaew

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Do a quick Google for "GPS fail" YouTube's and tell me how many Thai drivers y'all come up with.

What are you on about? What should I get over? Are you telling me that he made a smart and intelligent choice, to trust the gps to guide him over a bridge like that?

In that case, I seriously hope you understand the level you put yourself on.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

when will people realise that GPS's are basically stupid, unthinking bits of technology. Add a stupid GPS to a stupid driver and this is what you get. 

GPS is not stupid at all. If it is set up properly and he had planned his route correctly, he wouldn't have driven across that bridge. 

What may have happened is that he had programmed the GPS to take the shortest route instead of the safest route.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Anybody with half a  brain would see that bridge was not strong enough for a truck loaded with sand.

Now me i would not even walk across it, let alone drive over it.

Here's one . I wouldn't even carry my own load over it even if there was a go go on the other end with a few stunners ????????

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So, still no answer? Why do you want me to search Google? What good will that do?

And then, what is it I have to get over myself for/about? I mean "willya"??? That last thing is not even a word.

Soo, just not post your garbage. Stand up tall and answer for it too.

7 hours ago, Pilotman said:

when will people realise that GPS's are basically stupid, unthinking bits of technology. Add a stupid GPS to a stupid driver and this is what you get. 

GPS is an amazingly powerful technology, but only as effective as the person using it.

7 hours ago, rvaviator said:

Not sure this is unique to Thailand ???? .. quick googling and came up with list

https://theweek.com/articles/464674/8-drivers-who-blindly-followed-gps-into-disaster

That is of no concern to https://www.innnews.co.th/regional-news/news_755244/, where this "story" comes from.

It's just "local" Thai idiocy, for Thai people, and those with a Thai "interest", to laugh, jeer and catcall at.

Which is naturally also happening in other countries, in other local media, reporting on their own local idiots, for others with local interests.

Do Thais, and those with a Thai interest, not get to join in?

Do you expect "better" of them?

Edited by Enoon

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Anybody with half a  brain would see that bridge was not strong enough for a truck loaded with sand.

Ok i'll bite.

I know you would if you could!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Thats the ploblem Half a brain

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

GPS is not stupid at all. If it is set up properly and he had planned his route correctly, he wouldn't have driven across that bridge. 

What may have happened is that he had programmed the GPS to take the shortest route instead of the safest route.

GPS can't think, it merely reacts, it is therefore, by definition stupid. 

https://www.google.co.th/search?dcr=0&sxsrf=ALeKk02RYCltRR09ekfPfg5AcNk8Kpc7Ig%3A1598359096235&source=hp&ei=OAZFX-a-CpHikgXs1reoCQ&q=definition+of+stupid&oq=definjatioj+of+dtupid&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgkIABANEEYQ-QEyBAgAEA0yBAgAEA0yBAgAEA0yBAgAEA0yBAgAEA0yBAgAEA0yBAgAEA0yBAgAEA0yBAgAEA06BAgjECc6BAguECc6CwguELEDEMcBEKMCOgUIABCxAzoICAAQsQMQgwE6AgguOgUILhCxAzoCCAA6CQgjECcQRhD5AToHCCMQsQIQJzoECAAQCjoECC4QCjoHCCMQsAIQJzoGCAAQDRAKOggIABAWEAoQHjoGCAAQFhAeOggIABANEAoQHjoGCAAQDRAeUNgGWMsmYLJDaABwAHgAgAHfAogB1S6SAQYyLTE3LjSYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab

Edited by Pilotman