Holiday subsidies doubled after tourism scheme fails to lure travellers

snoop1130

We would have signed up for the promotion but it requires participants to have a (EDIT: I believe it was) GSB bank account, which we don't have. If they expanded the program to work with other banks it will be a lot more popular.

18 minutes ago, clokwise said:

We would have signed up for the promotion but it requires participants to have a (EDIT: I believe it was) GSB bank account, which we don't have. If they expanded the program to work with other banks it will be a lot more popular.

My wife transferred money from our Bangkok Bank savings account to the travel together app yesterday.  You are supposed to be able to do it via debit card and ATM as well but for some reason she went inside and let them do it.

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Good distraction. This is what you said

"Thais only again?"

As someone who has been I can assure you it is not Thais only.

Feel free however to keep distorting the facts.

sorry sandyf I feel it is you that is distorting the facts, why did you not respond to my reply to you where I said I was ignorant of the facts that you said? Do you have some point to make? You are so self assured you feel you can mislead and misdirect my point that I didn't know anyone other than Thais could benefit from the scheme.

I would have hope for a more constructive response pointing me in the right direction but it seems all you want to do is stick to the initial point my ignorance led me to make.

Enjoy your self righteous unhelpful response in my direction.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Good distraction. This is what you said

"Thais only again?"

As someone who has been I can assure you it is not Thais only.

Feel free however to keep distorting the facts.

Could you explain in more detail how you registered ?

It seems at odds with the below excerpt from an article on 19 August and related thread on TV.

It’s not unusual for things to get lost in translation in LoS but the text below appears to indicate the current scheme is not open to expats which is why the president of the THA is encouraging expats to be included in the next wave of incentives.

“Expats might be included in the next wave of tourism incentives, at least that’s what the new president of Thai Hotels Association is pushing for. Those who live and pay taxes in Thailand should have equal rights as Thai nationals, the association’s president Marisa Sukosol Nunbhakdi says.Thai nationals have been able get deals on travel through the domestic tourism stimulus package since mid-July. Those who registered for the package receive discounts on hotels and restaurants as well as rebates on flight tickets.”

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

Could you explain in more detail how you registered ?

I thought it would have been quite clear when I said it was open to "Thais and their guests"

There is nothing to stop a foreigner being a guest, so not for Thais only.

If you are trying to say a foreigner cannot use the scheme on their own, then you would be right, but not the same as you said previously.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I thought it would have been quite clear when I said it was open to "Thais and their guests"

There is nothing to stop a foreigner being a guest, so not for Thais only.

If you are trying to say a foreigner cannot use the scheme on their own, then you would be right, but not the same as you said previously.

You didn’t say that, you said, and I quote post 25 :

“The scheme is open to Thai residents and their guests”

I thought it would have been quite clear that a Thai resident and Thai citizen are not the same thing. 

13 hours ago, realfunster said:

You didn’t say that, you said, and I quote post 25 :

“The scheme is open to Thai residents and their guests”

I thought it would have been quite clear that a Thai resident and Thai citizen are not the same thing. 

You are nit picking now. 

Yes i said Thai residents, meaning Thai and resident. I do not believe the scheme is open to Thai citizens living outside the country, but open to correction on that.

At the end of the day you were wrong to imply that foreigners were totally excluded.

• Like 1