Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

i ride all over Thailand for 5 years and never had a bad experienced regarding any moss or algae.

So, it has to be an unlucky day for you t dog. Hope you and your bike is better now.

Especially in Bangkok, it is hard to get moss or algae as i never experienced and roads are always well travelled here so...no problems on riding on rainy season here.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i ride all over Thailand for 5 years and never had a bad experienced regarding any moss or algae.

So, it has to be an unlucky day for you t dog. Hope you and your bike is better now.

Especially in Bangkok, it is hard to get moss or algae as i never experienced and roads are always well travelled here so...no problems on riding on rainy season here.

Scabs came off the knees today but the groin muscle is still sore, so good progress. I've got over 50,000 km on the CBR all over Northern Thailand so no complaints. That organism is pretty common up here in the rainy season and I think the area I was in was its prime habitat. No running water, just lots of rain and shade. Took the 50km run into Chiang Mai the other day and was wary on the way in, but the bike and I became friends on the way back.thumbsup.gif

I've been trying to find the intake and exhaust valve specs for my 2011 CBR150R. Does anyone have this information readily available? I'm planning on checking to see if the valves need adjustment.

Thanks,

Mike

in: 0.16 +/- 0.03mm (0.006 +/- 0.001")

ex: 0.25 +/- 0.03mm (0.010 +/- 0.001")

Dave

I've been trying to find the intake and exhaust valve specs for my 2011 CBR150R. Does anyone have this information readily available? I'm planning on checking to see if the valves need adjustment.

Thanks,

Mike

in: 0.16 +/- 0.03mm (0.006 +/- 0.001")

ex: 0.25 +/- 0.03mm (0.010 +/- 0.001")

Dave

Thanks a lot Dave! Much appreciated. :)

Mike

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need to replace the IRC tyres on my CBR 150 R i. I would prefer to sacrifice some durability for greater grip. So

1. Do Michelin or Pirelli produce tyres to fit the CBR 150 R i? 100/80 17" front 130/70 17" rear

2. If yes, where might they be stocked in Pattaya or Chonburi City. If ordering means a long wait, I might go with the standard IRC's

3. How much would they cost?

4. Does anyone have any experience of non-standard tyres i.e. tyres other than the IRC brand on the CBR 150 R i?

Thanks for sharing any info you might have.

If you just want to better rubber then I IRC rubber buy some Michelle sporty. They are cheaper than the IRC tires and better IMO. Stock size should run you about 3k฿. If you want better rubber your going to have to go up in size and you would be looking 7k-8k for some Perrelli racing tires or any other brand of racing tires.

On the old carb'd -150, I found 110/80 in back and a 100/80 in front seemed to work the best. The 100/80 was the absolute biggest size possible up front as rocks would get wedged between the fender and tire and be rocketed out with a loud snap. A larger rear tire won't do much besides increase drag.

Michelin Sporty bought and fitted (see other thread). Thanks.

Next job. I thought I'd better check the oil level after they changed it. Needless to say, it's overfilled. Who's got a syringe? sad.png

Drugstore. 50ml. And you will need a thin plastic tube they use for aquarium or garden irrigation i guess. The size that you use for venting hydraulic disc brakes. Maybe easier to just open the screw and let some oil flow out :)

7-11 straw. done. It was about a cm over the max. Only need to pull about 60 ml out which surprised me.

A Thai guy who works on his own BMW (bike) happened to come back from work while I was doing it. He offered me his tools to drain out the oil and start from scratch which was kind of him but I was almost there with Mr. Straw. He also said excess oil will clog up the air filter and cause running problems. Guess who he works for? Michelin!

I did notice as I started it up out of the garage that the idle speed had dropped (1600 to 1400). I thought this was odd as the idle speed is very consistent with the fuel injection system. Perhaps it was related to over filling the oil.

We'll see how it goes and I'll recheck it in a couple of days.

7-11 straw. done. It was about a cm over the max. Only need to pull about 60 ml out which surprised me.

A Thai guy who works on his own BMW (bike) happened to come back from work while I was doing it. He offered me his tools to drain out the oil and start from scratch which was kind of him but I was almost there with Mr. Straw. He also said excess oil will clog up the air filter and cause running problems. Guess who he works for? Michelin!

I did notice as I started it up out of the garage that the idle speed had dropped (1600 to 1400). I thought this was odd as the idle speed is very consistent with the fuel injection system. Perhaps it was related to over filling the oil.

We'll see how it goes and I'll recheck it in a couple of days.

I guess they filled 1 liter in at the oil change. I noticed that 1 liter is too much for my CBR150FI. I put around 800-900 ml in it when changing the oil. Thats enough for my bike.

The CBR 150 for me has been a good bike for Thailand. My Honda shop has knowledgeable and professional mechanics and they are always updating me on current trends.. They know I am hen peck..and tease me about moving up to the CBR 250..and yet they smile all knowing the challenge..

I have changed the tires twice..starter system is a bit twitchy during the cold AMs.. This has been a good bike.. yes, I miss my old SL 350 and KZ750 back across the pond..

I'm in southern Thailand.. and the CBRs 150 are more common now.. Looking to move up to the 250cc but will keep the CBR 150..

Happy holidays.. Going down that lone lonesome highway..clap2.gif

Edited by Rhys

The CBR 150 for me has been a good bike for Thailand. My Honda shop has knowledgeable and professional mechanics and they are always updating me on current trends.. They know I am hen peck..and tease me about moving up to the CBR 250..and yet they smile all knowing the challenge..

I have changed the tires twice..starter system is a bit twitchy during the cold AMs.. This has been a good bike.. yes, I miss my old SL 350 and KZ750 back across the pond..

I'm in southern Thailand.. and the CBRs 150 are more common now.. Looking to move up to the 250cc but will keep the CBR 150..

its not much of an upgrade to be honest ,the new 150 and 250 are very similar

you will hardly notice the differnce around town

After almost 60K of great riding on my -150, I will definitely go for two cylinders. That Honda 500X is in my sights!

After almost 60K of great riding on my -150, I will definitely go for two cylinders. That Honda 500X is in my sights!

A much better idea imo, either that or get a 2nd hand

Kawa 650

Much rather than than having a cbr150 and a cbr250

Unless you need two small bikes for some reason

• 3 weeks later...
I get about 34 km / litre on my CBR 150 R in fuel consumption. What does anybody else get?

I used to get about 40 when I used to drive under 100km/h. When I first got my bike. I'm checking right now but I'm I'm at a little more than half the tank at the moment. I'll get back to you with the actual figures in about a week or so.

We should name what CBR150 is used. "All new" or "old, carb"? And if its constant speed on a highway or city riding.

I never have measured fuel comsumption. I guess its something like 33km/l on my "all new CBR150" in "mixed riding conditions". Not much more, not much less wink.png

My father gets up to 48 Kpl on his (old style with carb) Best for me is 46 (I'm fatter)

This last weekend I took a ride 550 km in 1 day, wanted to roll it over to 30,000 km for the year and avaraged 42 kpl on that ride using 91 gasahol

I have a hard time to get as low as 35 kpl if I just flog it and ride 140 the whole way

And yes I keep track of every liter of fuel in every bike I ride