Like a soap opera! Belgian actor sneaked into Thailand after blacklist then appeared in Thai movies

webfact

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Oh, I thought it was referring to a scene in one of the soap operas. My mistake.

Is there a Thai version of Benny Hill?

Could you really imagine a Thai version of Benny Hill, no neither could I. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

"...immigration officers received an email tip from another section of the IB that a European was living a nice life and was a presentable character. "

So guys, let this sink a little! Who of you fits into this suspicous pattern already? 

This sentence alone already says everything about paranoia and xenophobia in this coutry. 

Looks like we are all on the hit list. "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My", where are the flying monkeys, the Tin man, the Scarecrow, the Wizard of Oz, and of course Toto.  Yes I left out the rest of the little people and of course the wicked witch.  I will be getting my glass slippers ready for when the time comes and I can not find a balloon to fly home in because I have been expelled for whatever reason immigration comes up with.  Until then living a damned fine life.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Emdog said:

Want to work in Thailand but avoid hassle of a work permit? Dodgy visa, or maybe no visa?

Become an actor! Just the ticket!

Seriously however, maybe cops should check with those film makers re work permits for this guy

He is here illegally, hardly likely to hold a WP

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

the suspect was bringing a string of Thai women back to his apartment. Each one was different to the last

For me he is a thai Man now.

20 years in Thailand .speak perfect Thai. Let him live in Thailand.

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

All this for someone who was illegally living here. And as with most big cases (or cases they've glorified), it's not about the criminal or crime, it's about the people in charge who are complete f****** narcissists. 

Children playing adults. 

I had barely heard of the word "narcissist" in all of my 70+ years of existence. Of course, trump has been generous enough to complete my education.

Not only are you, Mr. trump the saviour of the human race, you have space in your heart for me .

What can I say?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

A Farang that can speak Thai?

Suspicious. ????

A farang beeing a farang? Very suspicious already.

Track him, check him, send the Immigration SEALS in hazmat gear and don't forget the snipers and the vinyl-boards :1zgarz5:

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Haha 2

What happened to the Benz car that the Thai immigration is proud of that is good at nabbing overstayers? Oh yah, he came into Thailand illegally so he wasn't recorded in their database.

But why do Thai people give him an acting job? Shouldn't they check his work permit first? It doesn't make sense.

Why did the landlord rent out his property without checking the passport of the tenants? It also doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

A Farang that can speak Thai?

Suspicious. ????

There are some farangs who can speak Thai but with a foreign farang accent.

Edited by EricTh

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a load of c++p, Haz mat suits, clowns in riot gear, what for?

Oops silly me it was to arrest a very dangerous criminal.

Do these clowns not understand how bloody stupid their antics are?

And Balaclavas 555555

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What happened to the Benz car that the Thai immigration is proud of that is good at nabbing overstayers? Oh yah, he came into Thailand illegally so he wasn't recorded in their database.

But why do Thai people give him an acting job? Shouldn't they check his work permit first? It doesn't make sense.

Why did the landlord rent out his property without checking the passport of the tenants? It also doesn't make sense.

How did he cross the border and back again ?

It is one thing to identify an illegal immigrant but this overreaction demonstrates the fear and disdain in which farangs are held and must be hunted down and eradicated like virus carrying vermin. They must be prevented from entering the country at all costs or caged for 14 days minimum if they get in.

• Like 1

The hazmat suit, why?

Hand held face shield, why?

Balaclavas ? why?

Was it dress up day at the office ?

The Soap Opera seems to have been the officers concerned.

Edited by RJRS1301