The TM 30 plague

When recently doing 90 days at Muang Thong Thani, they suddenly again asked for a TM 30 report. After return from Europe October 2018, when the TM 30 nuisance resurfaced, I had tried to submit the form together with my wife at CW, and the young lady told us, it's not necessary any more. I had doubts, but was relieved.
And now at MT Thani they made us do it as a condition to get the 90 days-ok, with an 800 Bt fine to be paid.
When traveling inland, that notice seems not necessary. Is that still true?
Thank you for a brief up-to-date. 

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A new regulation went for TM30 reporting went into effect on June 30th.

No reporting is required for traveling within in the country unless you change the registered address that immigration has.

Same for leaving and reentering country if on long stay extensions or visas as well and those on multiple entry visas. It may be required if on visa exempt and tourist visas entries.

Thank you ubonjoe, I certainly missed that info. The more strange that just 3 weeks ago they enforced it for me and put a fine on top. 

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I have not changed my address in 5 years.  Jomtein don't even want to know even when I left the country and came back in, pre Covid of course.  I was  told by the IO, if you don't change your address, then don't bother with a new TM30. Suits me. 

Me too.

I am planning to do my 90 days report tomorrow morning.

I always did it by sending a messenger for me with my passport, previous 90 days report and new tm47 completed form. There never was an issue about it.

I do not have a TM30 receipt. Is it going to be an issue for me to do tomorrow with the same process (send messenger and no TM30 receipt)?

Worth mentioning that I had to do this 90 days report in June but skipped it since covid 19 amnesty etc.

Thank you if anyone has an idea about it.

On 8/28/2020 at 8:25 PM, ubonjoe said:

No reporting is required for traveling within in the country unless you change the registered address that immigration has.

Same for leaving and reentering country if on long stay extensions or visas

Hi @ubonjoe , sorry if I missed this discussion before, I am curious how this new TM30 rule will work for leaving and reentering country if on long stay extensions, if as you say no new TM30 is needed until a new visa is issued? The TM30 paper document and online form still has an entry for TM6 so as we will get a new TM6 each re entry on a long stay extension then surely the TM30 needs to reflect the new TM6?

19 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Hi @ubonjoe , sorry if I missed this discussion before, I am curious how this new TM30 rule will work for leaving and reentering country if on long stay extensions, if as you say no new TM30 is needed until a new visa is issued? The TM30 paper document and online form still has an entry for TM6 so as we will get a new TM6 each re entry on a long stay extension then surely the TM30 needs to reflect the new TM6?

If on a long stay extension a TM30 report is not required unless you change your registered address. 

The TM30 report is not tied to your TM6 number. You name and passport number do not change and they are what is relevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The TM30 report is not tied to your TM6 number.

I must admit to not understanding this statement as the TM6 number is required to be entered on the TM30 report (both online and paper document) but I will accept it as you are a living legend.