Expert rings alarm bells over Covid-19 spreading in neighbouring countries

rooster59

It's hard to believe this doctor Yong said:

... the country must issue stricter Covid-19 preventive measures to contain the spread of disease as much as possible.

"To enable people to live as normal and reduce deaths, everyone must work together; people must not forget to wear face mask, wash their hands regularly and maintain physical distance with others," he added.

Stricter measures needed!  To enable people to live normal and reduce deaths! ???? but also ????

>> and the sad thing is, that some will agree with this clown, because 'the expert has spoken'...

• Like 1

Dr Poovorawan is correct, unfortunately he can only offer advise he doesn't set policy and his advise is what most are are doing else where, Singapore, Au ,NZ, certainly the Brazil solutions isn't working, Sweden has a population of 10 million and a death told of 6 thousand work what you will from that and Trumps let them eat cake solution isn't working either, also Vietnam has had breakouts. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Anton9 said:

How many of those people really died of Covid?

I can tell you in Italy they are counting as Covid-related deaths people who had virus 2 months ago, tested negative and died due to other ilnesses or old age.

This Covid madness really needs to stop.

The WHO recommends using excess deaths as a measure of Covid-19 mortality - I only have the figures for one country, the UK, however, using those publicly available figures, the UK has the worst death toll from the virus, per capita, in the entire world. Using excess deaths takes into account all deaths, whether or not Covid-19 was diagnosed, and compares it to an historical average of the past 5 years for the same period. Government Covid-19 death figures can very easily be manipulated but the registration of deaths is much more difficult to fiddle!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coastguard said:

Wow, the ignorance of some of these posts is breathtaking. How can you that the entire world (not just US or UK or China) is lying about this virus. The biggest conspiracy of all time? How do you explain the overwhelmed hospitals (go look at the ERs in places like Phoenix, or Miami, and ask those doctors if this is the flu?), the bodies, the mass graves, etc? All a hoax? Sweden was an experiment that did NOT work out. 

This example of some pre-judging evidence to fit their beliefs is very scary to me. It is like, facts be damned, I believe such and such, I read it on the internet, the scientists and doctors (all around the world) are lying

It is hard to believe in the year 2020 some are behaving like people in the middle ages. Demons are causing this, it is God's punishment, etc. The internet, social media, and manipulative media (hello Fox Entertainment channel, calling themselves News). are partly to blame. Now that this is real life and death, they are complicit to murder in my book. All for ratings, clicks, profits, they are truly evil. 

We live in very scary times. We have to let science guide us. They have no hidden agenda, other than studying evidence, applying logic to help solve this terrible problem. To  believe every doctor and scientist is part of some worldwide conspiracy is madness. 

Remembering A PM of U.K. shaking hands and laughing away the "scaremongering" ……. few time later he was  a C19 patient in I.C.….

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, coastguard said:

Wow, the ignorance of some of these posts is breathtaking.

You can find anyone on the internet who believes pathetic idiotic ideologies that defy logic and sense.

Most of these people you see typing sit alone on the internet all day.  They don't have friends because nobody in their right mind wants to be around ranters all day.  Unless they are fellow ranters.  

12 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Was reading that Indian slums were faring rather well.  

Washing hands and wearing a mask is all good advice, but what all these esteemed medicos leave out is building your immune system is key.  Garlic and essential oils help along with a plant based diet.  Healthy bodies are no fun to doctors, big government and big pharma.   

You can’t build on underlying issues 

3 hours ago, paulbj2 said:

As it is now becoming clear that Covid-19 is capable of doing potentially fatal damage to all the organs of the human body and indeed to the whole cardiovascular system, how could anyone possibly say that this patient or that patient, did or didn't die of Covid-19 or from it's sequel or complications of that disease.

Rightly, the WHO says that only the excess death figure (above the 5 year average for the given period) should be used to estimate Covid-19 deaths. On that basis, the UK has the worst Covid-19 death rate per million population, in the whole world, by some margin.

Now they just figured out that small children carry it in. Their noses for 21 days and now people are being re-infected in HK  And Nevada 

• Like 1

Just now, Ireland32 said:

Now they just figured out that small children carry it in. Their noses for 21 days and now people are being re-infected in HK  And Nevada 

Like the medics said in the beginning " its a new unknow virus " ….so they have to find out about it day by day ...

14 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Plenty coming over the borders illegally. Gf in Laos knows several who've headed back. They can be taken over the border and back to Bangkok for 6000 baht.

Yeah maybe some, but if so easy to get in Thailand why yaba smuggler's use cars over boder and get caught!?

The military needs to improve ability to enforce the country's borders. I hope the army increases border area patrols and gets some new high tech. equipment for night time detection, along with some drones. The air force needs better equipment to provide surveillance and night time detection of personal movements using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) like Reaper drones too. Army also needs a couple hundred more Strykers with night vision. Delay the submarines purchases at this time.

Add in all this new equipment and declare a nighttime curfew within 1 KM of the land borders should help to detect and arrest illegal migrants.

stryker1.jpg

Reaper.jpg

Edited by Banana7

50 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

new uk cases are mostly youngsters and asymptomatic with fewer deaths these days .mostly those with health symptoms are at risk of death .overweight and smoking is a cause

The risk to death start the first day of our life time (at born).

By the time, the selection about who will have a life or not, is biggest in some countries where no money for the population.

There is one particularly in Africa who is the second richest country all over the world (Angola), where the rich people doesn't do anything for there own population and where poor people, from there first day to breath, are exposed to die a lot in their first 4 years.

But in rich countries, some people born with a huge handicap and have a "long" life (at expensive cost, but some country have a social system who assume this situation).

So we can just see a reality about some important observable cries, if we want to speak about health care and safety for a country (before to go ahead and to be credible in the same time):

1/ if the country is poor or not

2/ if the country has a social system

3/ and whether income is more or less equitably distributed, homogeneous, within the population (or not)

4/ relationship to with other countries

5/ technology access and skills

So for the number 5, Thailand is relatively good, for the number 4 Thailand is good and benefit of his special geographic and strategic situation.

and for the other... i'm not sure, but some times ago it seems to comes better.

Now i think something is changing (but again, i'm not sure).

What i'm sure is that when we are talking about COVID-19, we are not talking about Ebola or Malaria or HIV.

But we are talking about something where some big influential business interested target on.

In French we can see after 5 millions of tests usually that asymptomatic people are huge and that the virus power is 10 times lower than at first time.

Some virologists, right now, start to explain that the epidemic situation is finished because of the new virus power to be so lower. And that the second wave with many people who would die, this dramatic story they were speaking about (every day !) from month now is out of the reality we can observe.

Hey baby, open the window now... it is finish now, don't scare so much like that... calm down baby.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

The military needs to improve ability to enforce the country's borders. I hope the army increases border area patrols and gets some new high tech. equipment for night time detection, along with some drones. The air force needs better equipment to provide surveillance and night time detection of personal movements using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) like Reaper drones too. Army also needs a couple hundred more Strykers with night vision. Delay the submarines purchases at this time.

stryker1.jpg

Reaper.jpg

yes but... the technology serve nothing if no one have the skills and infrastructures required to apply.

Also, you are talking about something who can not be realize as easy as you are thinking.

For solider for example, to bring night vision material and other stuff is a lot of weight to add in the bag... can you please look at Thai army humans body... they are strong, sure, but not enough heavy to bring a 50 kg bag, also night vision is very fragile material, and very expensive (maybe not from China, but i'm speaking about the one who works really more than an hour). Their advantage is not there (and soldiers know that to be winner, no need to have all of this... much more in some hard access places with hot and high humidity weather... better to be slim and soft and have real soldier skills).

and for drones... well, you also need a full qualified stuff (and then schools) to repair this all the time, and pilots and operators to make this working easy, then also a real infrastructure (USA has satellites for communicate with drones... they have there own...this mean that Thailand need first to send there own satellites in orbit to be independent, as long as that is the crucial point of an army, is to be independent about energize and communication).

Well... actually, they have difficulties to get electricity every day in cities (and look at there lines, just turn your head up....), and to push water everywhere at more than 2 bars.

They use charcoal electric power sources.

How to tell you better....

More seriously...

No one will or want to invade Thailand, and i hope Thailand will not go to invade other (and they have powerful friends).

I think first, people need to have a better school level, some technical skills, then a good job, then a good social system as they started to do some years ago... (and it cost a lot of money and time already) but this is my own point of view, for sure.

By the time, we are not Thai and they absolutely don't want to listen to farang and i can understand it very well.

So... let's open our eyes and see.

20 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

I only know in my area close to Cambodia, local fruit growers that I spoke to in July thought that they would be able to rehire their Cambodian labour from August 1. However once they saw the monetary and other requirements including only the border crossing at Arranya Prathet (inconvenient to here) they have it seems decided not to proceed as I haven't seen any apart from a few that have been here all along.

Why not use all the homeless people in Pattaya in stead of importing labour from outside Thailand. Now there's a win win situation gets the people off the streets, lowers crime and saves the community the cost of housing these people.  55555 its ok folks I just woke up sorry!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RR2020 said:

The boot swings to the other foot now............. Sweden - no lockdown - doing very well now - minimal new cases.   UK - late lockdown - doing very well now - not many new cases.   France - severe lockdown - suffering badly with 700% more cases than UK.

Again proving the point, countries that remained open and still remain open, like the UK and Sweden, are doing fine now.

Countries that locked down are scared to death now.........and will suffer massive economic issues ahead.

Wait until Covid gets into birds........and spreads by bird droppings...........cannot stop it then..........  

Lockdown was stupid, it was a big error locking up 99.9% of healthy people to try to save 0.1% of old and sick people.  Dumb dumb dumb.

Has to be post of the century. Well said.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, coastguard said:

We live in very scary times. We have to let science guide us.

This chart might help to put this 'super-scary deadly disease' in the right perspective.

Note: And it's only about those getting INFECTED, which would be very hard in Thailand at the moment with virtually no covid-19 for almost 2 months now.

People that are scared by the continuous fear-mongering cannot think rationally anymore.

Covid mortality group %.jpg

17 hours ago, EricTh said:

This expert should be fired for spreading misinformation. 16 new cases in Myanmar don't mean spreading fast.

He's getting an extra handout from the PM for such statements to terrify the Thai population further.. BS

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Anton9 said:

How many of those people really died of Covid?

I can tell you in Italy they are counting as Covid-related deaths people who had virus 2 months ago, tested negative and died due to other ilnesses or old age.

This Covid madness really needs to stop.

You are right. It needs to stop. Also, in the U.S. doctors are counting deaths not caused by covid as covid deaths, so the hospitals they are employed by are able to get more compensation than they would otherwise. This is the main reason the number of covid deaths is so high in the U.S. It's so bad that a person that just happens to be covid positive can be killed in an automobile accident (the obvious cause of death being injuries from the accident) and their death is counted as a covid death. I've even seen a case where someone went to a hospital for a knee injury and the doctor wrote in the medical report that the reason for the patients visit was related to covid.

• Like 1

Can’t believe he says the virus emerged in India,

Thats the first one to blame the Indian nation, most

of the world agrees it emerged in China, Wuhan to be precise.

guess he couldn’t state that for fear of hurting the Chinese feelings.

shameful that he should lay the blame on India.