CP All Laos strikes franchise deal for 7-Eleven stores

CP All Laos strikes franchise deal for 7-Eleven stores

By THE NATION

800_66bfaaee7b49646.jpg

CP All Laos Co Ltd, which is 99.99 per cent held by Albuera International Limited, CP All Plc's 100 per cent owned subsidiary, has entered into a master franchise agreement with 7-Eleven, Inc to establish and operate 7-Eleven convenience stores in Laos for 30 years.

CP All Plc reported to the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) on Friday (August 28) that under this contract, both parties may consider extending the contract two times, each time after 20 years.

On February 21, 2019, CP All Plc had reported to the SET that it would negotiate a master franchise agreement in relation to the establishment and operation of 7-Eleven stores in neighbouring countries.

CP All Laos is a newly found company under Laos laws to establish and operate 7-Eleven stores in the country under said master franchise contract, with registered capital of 20 billion kip (Bt68 million).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30393728

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-30

And not only Laos - quote:-

CP All Plc, the conglomerate's SET-listed retail arm, has concluded a deal with the US firm to operate 7-Eleven stores through CP All (Cambodia) Co beginning in 2021. The first outlet will open in Phnom Penh, a spokeswoman for the Japanese retail group Seven & I Holdings Co said.May 8, 2020

I understand this is not going down too well with already established convenience stores throughout the Kingdom. And I thought I had got away from the infuriating "ding dong welcome"!!!

4 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

why countries not restrict foreign ownership to 49 percent, just as it is imposed to on farang here

It's restricted there too, but only for us peasants and not the super rich. 

There's a reason Singapore, the US and co are full with startups but barely anything here, immigrants here barely stand a chance due to unfair rules to "make it". 

On 8/30/2020 at 2:52 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

It's restricted there too, but only for us peasants and not the super rich. 

There's a reason Singapore, the US and co are full with startups but barely anything here, immigrants here barely stand a chance due to unfair rules to "make it". 

Just one of many reasons why Thailand will not progress.