non O visa who don't have 400k, what are the options

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Use an agent to cover the the money.

If over 50 the agent may prefer you obtain extension based on retirement.

I am 48. An agent cover the money means i have to borrow the amount from an agent? Do they provide that service?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

One option other than the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months there is the option to prove 40k baht income.

The income can be proven by a document from yoru embassy is issuing them. Or proof of transfers into the country from abroad.

40k baht income has to be proven by the company you work for that provides a document of the salary right? If so that is not a vaild option as well 

• Confused 1

Just now, 72BKK said:

I am 48. An agent cover the money means i have to borrow the amount from an agent? Do they provide that service?

The agent does no provide any money. 

Immigration are able to overlook the financials. 

The cost of service varies. Retirement cheaper than marriage.

Also read post #4. As ubon points out many embassies provide income letter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 72BKK said:

40k baht income has to be proven by the company you work for that provides a document of the salary right? If so that is not a vaild option as well 

Your income can be from a foreign source such as pensions, investments and etc. 

The only salary that can be used is from legally working here and paying taxes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your income can be from a foreign source such as pensions, investments and etc. 

The only salary that can be used is from legally working here and paying taxes.

Does the 40k's origin have to be proven or will foreign transaction on the bankbook suffice when applying for the first 1 year extension, Ubonjoe?

3 minutes ago, Dancealot said:

Does the 40k's origin have to be proven or will foreign transaction on the bankbook suffice when applying for the first 1 year extension, Ubonjoe?

You need to prove the transfers of 40k baht or more came from abroad. Some (or many) offices want proof of the source of your income.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The agent does no provide any money. 

Immigration are able to overlook the financials. 

The cost of service varies. Retirement cheaper than marriage.

Also read post #4. As ubon points out many embassies provide income letter.

You are Correct DrJack54 Dare I Say As ALWAYS LOL !!

Edited by Nong Khai Man
More Added
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Use an agent to cover the the money.

If over 50 the agent may prefer you obtain extension based on retirement.

This is the way to Go Jack,I've had to go down this road after MANY Years of renewing at Savanakhet, It's Very Easy to see an Agent,Gave her My Passport & An EMPTY  Well Practically EMPTY Bank Book & Her Fee which was 18000 Baht, 10 Days later She rang me to tell me that my Passport complete with RETIREMENT Visa was Ready for Collection.....

One MUST Remember The OP Is only 48 Years Old though So I Doubt If An Agent can do The Retirement Visa for Him !!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

O/P, I really do think that you're being a wee bit alarmist here.

I don't think he is being alarmist at all.

Fact is the guys who entered on ME marriage have very easy path to non o marriage followed by annual extension.

It seems in couple of other threads that imm is now providing stamp into pp giving permission of stay up till 26Sept.

This would enable ME to obtain annual extension.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Nong Khai Man said:

One MUST Remember The OP Is only 48 Years Old though So I Doubt If An Agent can do The Retirement Visa for Him !!

No agent can do that, however can obtain based on marriage. Will cost more.

Friend of mine attended agent last Friday in Pattaya. In process now of 12 month Volunteering visa. Pricy at 49k.

He is also 48 so just outside RE via agent.

Your 18k sounds ripper price. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't think he is being alarmist at all.

Fact is the guys who entered on ME marriage have very easy path to non o marriage followed by annual extension.

It seems in couple of other threads that imm is now providing stamp into pp giving permission of stay up till 26Sept.

This would enable ME to obtain annual extension.

This would enable ME to obtain annual extension........Yeah Jack,But Only IF You have the 400k in the Bank...??

• Thanks 2

Unless your immigration office accepts the 40k income method for 2 months which is very unlucky as they been denying everyone these days using that method including me. 

Your best bet is using an fixer agent. I used one last week for my marriage extension that was recommended by a few others in this forum. Very professional service I must say, I got my 30 day consideration stamp, going back to immigration in 2 weeks to get 12 month stamp and Im worried free till next year. Cost was 25k.

Edited by nightfox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Unless your immigration office accepts the 40k income method for 2 months which is very unlucky as they been denying everyone these days using that method including me. 

Your best bet is using an fixer agent. I used one last week for my marriage extension that was recommended by a few others in this forum. Very professional service I must say, I got my 30 day consideration stamp, going back to immigration in 2 weeks to get 12 month stamp and Im worried free till next year. Cost was 25k.

The Agent Did ALL The Work for me & WILL Also do the 90 Day Reports & Cost Me 18k.... I'm Also Worry free for A Year !!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

This would enable ME to obtain annual extension........Yeah Jack,But Only IF You have the 400k in the Bank...??

There are 2 groups. 

The ME guys that do not have the financials. They need an agent asap.

Then there are guys that have the financials no problem but some immigration offices are saying that they don't have current permission of stay stamp. Some can create POS by obtaining 60 day extension to visit wife and thus giving them current POS. However some have used it already.

The stamp that seems to being provided by imm recently is giving POS till Sept 26.

If financials no issue then that group can now obtain non o and 12 month extension.

Edited by DrJack54

18 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

The Agent Did ALL The Work for me & WILL Also do the 90 Day Reports & Cost Me 18k.... I'm Also Worry free for A Year !!

18k for a marriage extension by an agent as a very good price. Is your agent in Nong Khai?.

I am a bit confused and 1st of all i would like to make sure i am still ok with my visa right now before even going to ask to immigration (Hua Hin in my case) or to an agent.

My visa expired on february current year. But i left the country some days before so i had the 90 days until the 28th of April.

Since that i did nothing else cause there has been the amnesty.

I still could use the card of the 60 days extension right?

So if i ll obtain the 60 days starting from sept 26 i'll be ok until nov 25.

If all i have said is correct why should i go visit an agent with almost 3 months left?

thanks 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 72BKK said:

I am a bit confused and 1st of all i would like to make sure i am still ok with my visa right now before even going to ask to immigration (Hua Hin in my case) or to an agent.

My visa expired on february current year. But i left the country some days before so i had the 90 days until the 28th of April.

Since that i did nothing else cause there has been the amnesty.

I still could use the card of the 60 days extension right?

So if i ll obtain the 60 days starting from sept 26 i'll be ok until nov 25.

If all i have said is correct why should i go visit an agent with almost 3 months left?

thanks 

It depends on your longer term plans.

All you state is correct, however what is next.

Some positive folk think certainly prior to Nov 25 (in your case) all will be fine. 

You can skip over to Laos just like pre covid. Who knows what's needed in future. Is visa exempt still possible? 

I'm far less optimistic. 

You have window to obtain non o and annual extension. 

I would do it in a blink. 

I have flights to Saigon (3) and December to Osaka. NONE will take place imo.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have window to obtain non o and annual extension. 

I would do it in a blink. 

such window will remain open until the 26th of sept right?

basically my decision is: apply for the 2 months extension or pay visit to an agent (fixer) before that date right?

7 minutes ago, 72BKK said:

such window will remain open until the 26th of sept right?

basically my decision is: apply for the 2 months extension or pay visit to an agent (fixer) before that date right?

If you have financials you can do it yourself. There are reports last Thursday of stamp being placed in passport giving permission of stay stamp till September 26. 

Some will say that's not required as we all allowed to remain till that date and have POS.

Point of difference is that it gives you current POS. That gives you spring board to apply for your path to non O and followed by annual extension based on marriage or other. Think it's more for guys that already used their 60 day to visit wife.

4 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

18K sounds like a retirement extension (and not especially cheap). 25K is a good price for a marriage extension which requires sign off from on high.

• Like 1

Have you thought of using the combo method whereby you add your income to your money in the bank to give you a total equivalent to the amount you require  ie: you earn 200,000thb a year so you need 200,000thb in your bank account, money in bank only has to be there for 5 months, 2 months before 3 months after. Personally I would stay away from agents can cost up to 25,000thb.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, a977 said:

Have you thought of using the combo method whereby you add your income to your money in the bank to give you a total equivalent to the amount you require  ie: you earn 200,000thb a year so you need 200,000thb in your bank account, money in bank only has to be there for 5 months, 2 months before 3 months after. Personally I would stay away from agents can cost up to 25,000thb.

There is no combination method.

400,000 OR 40,000 a month not both or combination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1