non O visa who don't have 400k, what are the options

3 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

I don't know if it will work or not.. but.. a friend of mine here is in the same situation.. Savanaket non O.. no money.. the IO here said that they will keep giving him a 60 day extension until he can do a border run.. 

Doubt it Mate, He's Only Allowed 1 60 Day Marriage Extension I Believe !!....I Think This would be confirmed by @ubonjoe

On 8/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, ubonjoe said:

One option other than the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months there is the option to prove 40k baht income.

The income can be proven by a document from yoru embassy is issuing them. Or proof of transfers into the country from abroad.

Hi Joe,

Is a UK bank statement and my Kasikorn bank statements suffice to show transfers from the UK to my Thai Kasikorn account? These transfers add up to a lot more than 40K Baht a month over the past year. 

43 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Are YOU an IO ?? You Seem to know EVERYTHING.....????????????

Nope . I just read the regulations and report facts unlike some who learn while sitting on a bar stool.

Read the regulations and learn.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year. 

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SteveK said:

So I'll ask again - can you get into trouble for doing this? It doesn't sound legit at all.

I have  recently used an agent and I can assure you that my extension stamp is legit as it gets as I was in front of the IO when he stamped it in my passport. 

If I get in trouble then everybody will get in trouble from the top of the immigration division commander who signs off on the extensions to the agent. After going through an agent and seeing how smoothly they operate and seeing how everyone is in cahoots with each other from the banks they use to deposit the 400k to your bank account to the immigration offices they work with,  getting in trouble was the last thing on my mind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 72BKK said:

I am 48. An agent cover the money means i have to borrow the amount from an agent? Do they provide that service?

They do, but it is illegal. You would be taking a big risk. 

It is supposed to be your money to finance your stay for 12 months.

Also has to be there for 2 months before application.

So yes it is illegal.

No problem until they decide to clamp down on it.

Immigration officer being complient in the deciept is no defence.

53 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

So I've just taken a ride to see a German neighbour of mine in an adjacent village who has been doing the Savannakhet ME for a few years and of course he too, like the O/P @72BKK is stuck in limbo.

Sakon Nakhon immigration have assured him that should the amnesty end on the predicted date and the border is still not open, they will continue to support him with 60 day extensions until such time as it does. He WILL NOT be deemed to be on overstay.

Thanks for that report!

So there are indeed IOs that are willing to bend the IO rules/regulations not for their own pockets, but to help a foreigner caught in an impossible situation.

Note: I presume that German guy doesn't have the financials to meet the 400K funds-in-bank requirement, as that would allow him to apply for the 1-year extension of stay, that being a legit way to regularize his stay in Thailand.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, gamini said:

They do, but it is illegal. You would be taking a big risk. 

I'm interested to know more about this "big risk". I am fully above board with nothing to hide visa-wise, but have never heard of someone using a "fixer" and getting caught.  

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, ubonjoe said:

One option other than the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months there is the option to prove 40k baht income.

The income can be proven by a document from yoru embassy is issuing them. Or proof of transfers into the country from abroad.

PLEASE  explain .. i am currently on non o visit thai wife ..  is that the same as yours .. i can easily do the 40 k income but thought i had to leave to do this visa .. thanks UJ

19 minutes ago, ifmu said:

PLEASE  explain .. i am currently on non o visit thai wife ..  is that the same as yours .. i can easily do the 40 k income but thought i had to leave to do this visa .. thanks UJ

I you have a entry from a non-o visa you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai at immigration. You can only apply for extensions of stay while in the country.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ifmu said:

If using 40K income (vs 400K "in the bank"), it would be wise to bring your "pension statement" from your source-country with you.  I was denied my extension because my proven-income (embassy-letter + bank-book-proof international-deposits) was "not a state-pension."  If you don't have a "state pension," bring whatever proof you have (stock-fund, etc), and hope for the best. 

Also, if your office plays the "cannot extend from 'amnesty'," bit, that is not true - your last stamped-entry was automatically-extended by an order by the Cabinet.  Worst case, you may have to temporarily "move" somewhere else, to use another office which is abiding by the law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so there are 2 reports here of foreigners in my same situation been told by IO that 60 days permission of stay will be granted again in case borders won't be opened again. Is there anyone else who has heard of similar reports that could confirm this tendency?

I am thinking to go ask myself the same in Hua Hin IO but also one good thing could be start a new thread here to see if there is more people confirming this thing....

Edited by 72BKK

31 minutes ago, 72BKK said:

so there are 2 reports here of foreigners in my same situation been told by IO that 60 days permission of stay will be granted again in case borders won't be opened again. Is there anyone else who has heard of similar reports that could confirm this tendency?

I am thinking to go ask myself the same in Hua Hin IO but also one good thing could be start a new thread here to see if there is more people confirming this thing....

I saw the Sakhon Nakhon report on that, but must have missed the 2nd report. Can you please post the link to it?

Obviously this would be the long-awaited solution for all those on an ME Non Imm O marriage Visa that already used up their 60-day extension of stay, and are now with their backs against the wall because of not being able anymore to meet the financial requirements for a 1-year extension of stay (except via an Agent).

Thai Immigration works in mysterious ways, they are not accepting legit applications for the bogus reason of 'being on the Amnesty extension', and would on the other hand go against their own rules/regulations by accepting additional 60-days extensions of stay applications because borders being closed.  I have given up trying to understand their logic/reasoning because there probably isn't any and every IO is making it up on-the-fly.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 8:26 AM, Laza 45 said:

I don't know if it will work or not.. but.. a friend of mine here is in the same situation.. Savanaket non O.. no money.. the IO here said that they will keep giving him a 60 day extension until he can do a border run.. 

@Peter Denis 

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2020 at 4:08 PM, Nong Khai Man said:

This is the way to Go Jack,I've had to go down this road after MANY Years of renewing at Savanakhet, It's Very Easy to see an Agent,Gave her My Passport & An EMPTY  Well Practically EMPTY Bank Book & Her Fee which was 18000 Baht, 10 Days later She rang me to tell me that my Passport complete with RETIREMENT Visa was Ready for Collection.....

One MUST Remember The OP Is only 48 Years Old though So I Doubt If An Agent can do The Retirement Visa for Him !!

18000b is cheap!  I've seen a agents charge a heck of a lot more.  Care to share your agency with us?

On 8/30/2020 at 1:52 PM, DrJack54 said:

The agent does no provide any money. 

Immigration are able to overlook the financials. 

The cost of service varies. Retirement cheaper than marriage.

Also read post #4. As ubon points out many embassies provide income letter.

The agency does provide financials. Money is deposited into your name, statement is being obtained about the amount and money is removed. Immigration overlooks the time the amount has been in the account it seems.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 5:29 PM, 72BKK said:

I am a bit confused and 1st of all i would like to make sure i am still ok with my visa right now before even going to ask to immigration (Hua Hin in my case) or to an agent.

My visa expired on february current year. But i left the country some days before so i had the 90 days until the 28th of April.

Since that i did nothing else cause there has been the amnesty.

I still could use the card of the 60 days extension right?

So if i ll obtain the 60 days starting from sept 26 i'll be ok until nov 25.

If all i have said is correct why should i go visit an agent with almost 3 months left?

thanks 

I don't think you need to se an agent right now.

I am in exactly the same situation. 
My wife called an agent ( As she speak Thai, and I wanted to be sure not to have any misunderstanding)

The agent told her, that there is no hurry. I should go and get my 2 months extension, and then come to see her about a month before that run out (25 November). Then she would get me a 12 md. retirement extension. Price 20.000 Bht.

I am well over 50.

(If I wanted marriage extension insted, it would cost more)

Of cause I don't like to pay 20K, but

1.) I am despret. 

2.) It is not a lot more than I would normally pay in all.

(12 md. non-0 multy entry. = 5.000. 1 night in Lao to get the Visa. 4 times Visa to Lao = nearly another 5.000. 4 times bus to Lao over the bridge etc.

I live near Mukdahan so it is not much trouble to go to Lao, but still it all add up.

I think in all the 20K is only 5-7K more than it would kost anyway.

• Like 1

I just used an agent who got a fix for the 400k. The whole process cost me 25k and 2 hours (only 20 minutes at immigration). Imho well worth it. 

I can tell you, I wasn't the only one :).

25k will make your troubles go away.

Edited by Eibot
  • Like 1

Hello everybody,

finally i used a fixer and paid a final cost of 22k for having 1 year POS (thai spouse) without financial proof. If there is anyone in my same situation here in hua hin who agrees to pay that money to solve the issue can send me a message privately, i will put him in contact with the Fixer.

I am careful with money, normally i would wait because i knew I still had the 60 days extension card to use. But on Wednesday i went to IO and casually met an agent, and i thought the cost wasn't that bad so i took the call and did the 1 year extension. It will start from the end of september which means I am ok for 13 months from now on more 2 with the extension on next year. I won't have to go to Laos, saving money for the visa multi entry,  for the trip, and all the expense (accomodation food the beers and the somtam chicken combo nearby the Mekong which honestly will be missed). 

Furthermore no border runs for a year so i will stay home instead of driving 7 hours to and from the Kanchanaburi border and save some more money (4 x 1500 baht).

Yes I could have waited but how do you know that those agent won't raise the price as the end of the amnesty approach? Once you wait til end of november and borders aren't going to reopen what are you going to do? Will the price for the same service be the same or even more expensive? 

With 2 kids i wasn't in the position to take any risks. If borders will be reopened on time i will feel some regrets if not i ll be happier for sure lol

Thank you very much for your precious opionions and advices

Sawadee krap

• Thanks 1