Current new car prices in Chiang Mai

scorecard

12 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Its worth checking out 1 year old prices as some brands lose 20% of their day 1 value and other brands lose as much as 65% of their day 1 value in the 1st year

Sure, good point, but where do you find 1 year old Honda cars for sale?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rumak said:

why the top model is so much more i do not know....

It is an RS model which has all the bells and whistles Honda has to offer. Maybe even a small turbo on it. I opted for the Civic RS and it is a far step above the other models. But it sounds like his kid is saving some money so will not require those extra features. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Here a good starting point

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale/honda/mobilio?sort=registered_year.desc

Honda mantains its resale value reasonable well, The higher spec MG cars plummet in value

For Honda deals special offers try facebook page

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

1 year old new but not sold? Ask the dealer and they call around, but if it is special sent then it will probably be subject to a fee to be sent up here. Mazda is running a heck of a sale right now with a big discount. I bought my Civic RS at Matrix CM and am pretty happy from their sales gals. BTW. last time checked Honda charges extra money for the color black.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

What would you say is a fair % discount on the original price where the dealer still makes something at least?

FAIR doesnt come  into it, forget fair, they can either do it or they cant its up to them not you to decide if they can do the deal. EVERY dealer is different even with the same  manufacturer, those that want a  deal and those  that dont.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pineapple01 said:

Bodega Types get Bounced straight back onto their Moped, flip flop, Chang Vest n all. Give a Thai Attitude your forever a Dog. In My eyes too.

Bodga  types  get a  good  car with a  good  discount, only  fools  play games with car dealers and their  own money.

In normal times, you can't haggle about car prices in Thailand because cartels are not illegal here. So all dealers charge the same or they can lose their franchise. You can, however, negotiate to get free Class A insurance for 1 year, plus free window film, fancy floor mats, etc.

That said, in these difficult times some dealers have been known to discount a little, especially on slow moving models.

Good luck to your son, but he will have to get out and do the shopping himself.  Little you can do to help him.  Cheers

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

some brands lose 20% of their day 1 value and other brands lose as much as 65% of their day 1 value in the 1st year

65 % of their value in one year  ?  ????????????????  ok 

oh, yes..... i found one.   image.jpeg.ec691f0a0b6e0b0c74db66d5102c4c49.jpeg

Edited by rumak

The prices seem about as listed by Honda dealers everywhere.

I think your choice is a good, practical one.

Maybe some "freebies" thrown in at time of purchase, go for it.

If paying cash get hold of the boss if you can for a better deal, the salesman will want you on H.P as they get more commission

• Like 2

This may surprise a few.

50 Worst Cars of All Time.

17. 2011 Aston Martin Cygnet: A $47,000 restyled Toyota (er, Scion) iQ. Aston needed it to meet EU fleet emissions standards but didn't bother to make it at all "Aston."

https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/100-worst-cars-of-all-time.html

Edited by IvorBiggun2

There is limited info on this topic to give, and has been given already. There is info to gain as to regarding posters who love the sound of their own voice and tell how much they have learned for a millennial pup:coffee1:. You wont beat a Thai Dealer,just fool yourself that bin liner n insurance is free.

On 9/1/2020 at 9:12 AM, mudcat said:

Base model (S) is five seats, next variant (V) is seven seats for 40,000 ThB more.  If browsing cars to see what your neighbor paid try zigwheels.

New question, if there's an owner on TV of the 5 seat Mobilio, can an extra third row of seats be easily fitted?

I'm guessing that the screw holes etc., probably with plugs, would already be there in the basics of the vehicle frame for all models.

Can anybody please confirm fitting the third row of seats can be done easily?

Further, fitting the third row of seats also depends on being able to buy the extra row of seats and hopefully to match the existing seats.

Any comments appreciated.