What's the point?

9 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

Okay, but it could be worse. 14 days isn't a very long time and things will hopefully soon change. 

First up it won't soon change. Far from it.

Also the 14 quarantine is the easy bit.

Read some of the threads regarding COE process. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

If Phuketcouple has a private Medical Aid insurance in Germany (Krankenversicherung), which covers them in Germany and abroad, surely Covid cover is included with no monetary limit. I assume a confirmation in English from the insurance company in Germany will be sufficient proof for the Thai authorities, Is it so?

That your insurance doesn’t exclude COVID cover and has no limit will almost certainly not be accepted.

The authorities and airlines need to see that COVID cover is specifically included for a minimum of $100,000.

Neither airlines nor immigration have the time, patience or skills to look through insurance documents to find out if it’s excluded or not somewhere in the fine print 

What's the point of keeping foreigners in Thailand?

I have been trying to get back to Malaysia without success.

I arrived on 26 February 2020. The lock down started a week later. Until now I am

still in Bangkok.

When I see the travel agents they said there is no flight to Malaysia. When I check the train ,there is no train going to Butterworth(Penang) only as far as Hatyai. The border is not open.

When I was in Hatyai I met a few farangs waiting for the border to open to get out of Thailand, it is not for Visa run, they want to get out.

I wonder how do the brains of the government official work. Do keeping the farangs and other foreigners in the country help with the virus problem? Keeping them out for a period of time until the virus problem improve, yes, that makes sense. But keeping them in and not allowing them to leave Thailand is just simply ridiculous.

Now I hope I get the virus and die in Thailand I have enough of being kept here like a fool. So my virus will teach them a good lesson when I died.

I didn't believe when people told me Thailand government officials have brains the size of golf balls, now I am beginning to think along this line.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, poloshirt said:

What's the point of keeping foreigners in Thailand?

I have been trying to get back to Malaysia without success.

I arrived on 26 February 2020. The lock down started a week later. Until now I am

still in Bangkok.

When I see the travel agents they said there is no flight to Malaysia. When I check the train ,there is no train going to Butterworth(Penang) only as far as Hatyai. The border is not open.

When I was in Hatyai I met a few farangs waiting for the border to open to get out of Thailand, it is not for Visa run, they want to get out.

I wonder how do the brains of the government official work. Do keeping the farangs and other foreigners in the country help with the virus problem? Keeping them out for a period of time until the virus problem improve, yes, that makes sense. But keeping them in and not allowing them to leave Thailand is just simply ridiculous.

Now I hope I get the virus and die in Thailand I have enough of being kept here like a fool. So my virus will teach them a good lesson when I died.

I didn't believe when people told me Thailand government officials have brains the size of golf balls, now I am beginning to think along this line.

Its not thailand. Malaysia is closed to foreigners until dec 31 at least.

there are flights out of thailand to other countries.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TPI said:

There is no point in coming back! I need to go to Oz for business and medical but if I go there is no guarantee that I'll be able to get back in even if I can arrange insurance (I'm 75)!  There is nothing to do and no-one to do it with, everyone is paranoid to the point if you go to any major shop or shopping centre without a mask and temperature check....forget it! There hasn't been a local covid 19 case for over 100 days, I can't even guess why the checks are still happening?

I don't see wearing a mask or having your temperature taken as a big deal, and at 75 years old

it would be beneficial for you if there are measures taken to lessen the chance and control

a potential outbreak. Not sure where in Oz you are from, but I understand that in Victoria

there are quite strict rules about masks and social distancing.