New CDC report shows 94% of COVID-19 deaths in US had underlying medical conditions

Maestro

New CDC report shows 94% of COVID-19 deaths in US had underlying medical conditions

by:  Natasha Anderson 

Posted:  / Updated: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

In other words... this week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 American deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That's 9,210 deaths that are confirmed to have died from Covid. Hardly an Emergency, hardly a disaster and certainly not a Pandemic. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age; 90% in nursing homes. See Table 2. Comorbidities...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2-muRM3tB3uBdbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI

Yep! And from this we can deduce that interpretation of statistical data was not a required subject for any of the CDC expert while academically qualifying themselves for the positions they hold, and get well remunerated for, I'm sure.

Edited by oompie69
grammatical

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

The simple fact is that these people--regardless of their pre-existing condition--would still be alive if not for the COVID.

Tomato/Tomatoe

It is like saying Covid was the final straw.....Well yes it was & something was going to be anyway

I don't think it is so easy to say "regardless of their pre-existing condition"  it is not great to have pre-existing conditions period

Like letting your car fall slowly into disrepair ...this that & the other thing....

till it finally throws a rod....You gonna blame the rod & say well if not for the thrown rod car would be fine?

Car was not fine.....The rod was just the final straw ????

Edited by meechai
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Many of the people who have died due to Covid19  had little control over their fate.

But many possibly did have.

Bad lifestyle choices, (drinking too much and excessive smoking or substance abuse, to name but a few) and bad nutritional choices are recognized as main contributors to the rise  in chronic illnesses in most developed countries.  The abundance of junk-food franchise restaurants and take-aways in the USA is evidence to support the fact that a very large number of USA citizens are obese,and many are recognized as being morbidly so. It is also no secret that drugs of all shapes and hues can be had on any street corner in major cities. Not to even mention, the prescription drug abuse that is pervasive in that society.  

So, even if a large portion of this group inherited their susceptibility to one of the main causes of premature death, for the reasons I mentioned in the first paragraph did they really have so little control of their fate? 

Edited by oompie69
grammatical
  • Like 2

Covid 19 has been hyped from the beginning. No doubt it accelerates the demise of some, but the real CODs are underlying conditions that were on their way to making things fatal. I've thought all along that one needs to compare deaths during Covid 19 minus normal death rates to get an accurate picture. Sure people are getting sick but most recover. 

One thing that bothers me is that many needy patients have not had required treatments because of isolation and focus on Covid 19. 

The normal flu also acts as an accelerator with weakened patients but could be blunted this year because of face masks, hand washing and social distancing. I can only hope.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oompie69 said:

But many possibly did have.

Bad lifestyle choices, (drinking too much and excessive smoking or substance abuse, to name but a few) and bad nutritional choices are recognized as main contributors to the rise  in chronic illnesses in most developed countries.  The abundance of junk-food franchise restaurants and take-aways in the USA is evidence to support the fact that a very large number of USA citizens are obese,and many are recognized as being morbidly so. It is also no secret that drugs of all shapes and hues can be had on any street corner in major cities. Not to even mention, the prescription drug abuse that is pervasive in that society.  

So, even if a large portion of this group inherited their susceptibility to one of the main causes of premature death, for the reasons I mentioned in the first paragraph did they really have so little control of their fate? 

Exactly. Despite the worlds most advance health care systems, some people test fate with their lifestyles and personal abuses. It's not just illicit drugs because many abuse legal drugs and doctor shop until they get what the want. The result are many unhealthy people that require an inordinate amount of resources.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

You don't get it. You have fallen for a conspiracy hoax being promoted by QAnon.

As per the ABC News/AP article that is available; " The term “Only 6%” trended widely on Twitter over the weekend as supporters of the QAnon conspiracy theory promoted tweets that falsely suggested the CDC had updated its records to show that only 6% of U.S. deaths tied to COVID-19 were legitimate. President Donald Trump was among those who tweeted the information, which was later taken down by Twitter for violating platform rules."

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/cdc-reduced-death-count-related-covid-19-72735707

How many times does it have to be explained to you that  infection with SARS COV-2 causes other  conditions to worsen, or  induces conditions that result in death?

Do you think anyone actually dies of a "cancer" ? How do you think people with dementia die or Parkinsons, or kidney disease?

Here are some common illustrations;

Brain Cancer: Causes brain blood vessels to  rupture resulting in lethal strok

Dementia and Parkinson's: Most common cause of death is pneumonia because the patient's immune system is compromised

and the diseases impairs a patients' ability to swallow, putting them at risk for inhaling or aspirating food or liquids into their lungs, leading to aspiration pneumonia.

kidney Disease: Pneumonia and starvation. The patient cannot clear fluid from the  lungs and literally drowns. The loss of appetite hastens the demise.

How many times does it have to be explained that no disease in and of itself must be the direct cause of death. It almost always

causes other conditions that result in death.  A Covid19 patient dies because of the impact of the  disease, not because the disease itself kills.  because Covid 19 is an inflammatory disease, the  direct manifestations wil, be heart attack, stroke, vital organ failure,  respiratory collapse etc.

I am astounded at the ease with which gullible ignorant people have so easily been manipulated by  an internet hoax pushed by the neo nazi website QAnon and parroted by trump.

We didn't go to the same medical school. Total nonsense.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

The point being all these persons with existing conditions, i.e. the high risk group, should have been isolated from the general population immediately in order to limit potential vector of the disease entering their system.

All good in theory but would it be practically possible? Certainly not in March or April with so many unknowns. Sweden kept things open more than most countries but completely failed to protect their elderly care homes.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Nor is it the conclusion of any reputable public health official.

I don't need a government agency to think for me. I can come to my own factual, verifiable conclusions based on their data. You're free to check my work and dispute the facts... 

Edited by Tounge Thaied
Spelling errors
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

You're free to check my work and dispute the facts...

check or not check......... dispute will be forthcoming.   so easy to suss out the zealots who stick

to their guns even as they are constantly pulling the trigger even before the gun gets out of the holster.

oops, shot in the foot again

• Like 1