New CDC report shows 94% of COVID-19 deaths in US had underlying medical conditions

Maestro

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

You say excess deaths are way higher, I do not dispute that, but I am talking about now. Look at excess deaths for August for example, or the first week of September. These are difficult numbers to estimate and define, but what we are seeing is there is simply not nearly as much damage currently as is being reported by cases and "second wave" hysteria. 

There is no data available on excess detahs in August yet and September is not even over. So I don't know what it is you refer to.

It takes time for these statistics to be compiled. They are currently available only through July.

In some less developed countries even total number of deaths may be undercounted (e.g. Brazil, India). But (unlike cause of death), total deaths is a solid figure for more developed countries

On 9/1/2020 at 2:12 AM, Tounge Thaied said:

In other words... this week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 American deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That's 9,210 deaths that are confirmed to have died from Covid. Hardly an Emergency, hardly a disaster and certainly not a Pandemic. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age; 90% in nursing homes. See Table 2. Comorbidities...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2-muRM3tB3uBdbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI

All you need to do is consult the excess mortality numbers to see that your claim is wrong. In fact, the excess mortality numbers universally point to a higher figure than the official one.

Edited by thaibreakfast
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

There is no data available on excess detahs in August yet and September is not even over.

There's weekly data up to week 35 (last week in Aug I think) for many European countries here:

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

Excess mortality hasn't spiked again like in March, which I guess is what utalkin2me is referring to, but deaths can be expected to lag new cases, unless there's a big change (like a shift in cases towards younger age groups, which is somehow contained there now we better understand who's vulnerable to COVID-19)