Thoughts after visiting Peugeot

heiri007

Paid Peugeot Sukhumvit a visit. They have nothing to do with the former Peugeot folks here who imported the cars. Now they're assembled in Malaysia - different price levels.

3008 is quite impressive - around year end 2008 is expected in the Thai market. 1.2lt engine, sounds small, yet reviews give it quite some thumbs up. Top model should be around 1.2m here. 3008 base model 1.59m.

Made a test drive with the 3008, easy to get hooked on the comfort and ease of use.

Peugeot have big plans here, but still it's a risky brand for early adopters. Will they have reps upcountry soon? Maintenance costs? Reliability? Also no hybrid options for the foreseeable future.

Also paying Nissan a visit, the Kicks looks as an interesting basic hybrid SUV.

Was looking at hybrid Toyota Cross as well - can't compare especially the interior with the Peugeots. Toyota seems more plasticy, not as refinded.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

3008 is quite impressive - around year end 2008 is expected in the Thai market.

So, you are going to pay more, and find more value in, for a Peugeot that is 12 years old than for a new car. or was it just the one prototype that is supposed to be released 3008? In that case it was just a typo. ????????

I looked at the Peugeots at the BITEC Motorshow, they do look nicr - the stand was surprisingly busy too, but the main intetest at the show seemed to be the Corolla Cross and the Nissan Kicks.  

The Nissan looked more modern, and the drive system is innovative,  but the Corolla is bigger.  Although the Nissan X-Trail looks better value to me, but oddly there was not one on the Nissan stand .... perhaps a new one on the way, as the last one was really just a facelift?

• Like 2

My partner and I looked at the 2008 and the 3008 suvs at the Bangkok Motor Show.  They both looked nice but too early to say about the quality and resale.  Horrible name for the 2008--that's the best they could think of?  "This is my 2008 over here."  "Wow, I didn't realize you were driving a car that old!  Doesn't look too bad for its age."   We thought the Kicks was small, over-priced, and poorly-styled; if you like the weirdly-styled Toyota CR-X or whatever the copycat Honda name is, you'll probably like the Kicks.  Couldn't get into the Toyota booth as it was too crowded.  

18 minutes ago, newnative said:

My partner and I looked at the 2008 and the 3008 suvs at the Bangkok Motor Show.  They both looked nice but too early to say about the quality and resale.  Horrible name for the 2008--that's the best they could think of?  "This is my 2008 over here."  "Wow, I didn't realize you were driving a car that old!  Doesn't look too bad for its age."   We thought the Kicks was small, over-priced, and poorly-styled; if you like the weirdly-styled Toyota CR-X or whatever the copycat Honda name is, you'll probably like the Kicks.  Couldn't get into the Toyota booth as it was too crowded.  

Just checked out the Kicks - poor interior, looks and feels cheap. Surprised the car even moved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johng said:

Thoughts after visiting Peugeot

Nicole ?  PaPa ?    ????

P_20190608_134513.thumb.jpg.82a8868cc608a4c21a4fa5606a83cbb4.jpg

Nicole. Wasnt that Renault ?.  Id stay away from Peugeot . Dealer quality/service/spares will always be a gamble on a low volume manufacturer. 

• Like 1

As someone who has sold used PSA-group cars in the UK I would say forget it!  After 5 or 6 years they are bedevilled by faults - especially their body electrics.  Now that Nissan share so much technology with Renault I'd be wary of them too. Toyota and Honda have solid offerings - sure the trim can look a bit plasticky but overall the cars seem built for the long haul. The Corolla Cross Hybrid looks impressive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Peugeot is as strong brand with not so much maintenance in average then toyota. I have had many Peugeot (European versions) and never had problems.

For the company we have many toyotas fortuners and hi lux 3.0 4x4. In total we have had around 50 cars. Many problem with breaks, steering and electrical.

One car we had stick problems and the spare parts of this car 5. Years old they could not get from the dealership network so had to put in alternative.

Not sure why these toyotas have so many the same kind issues.

Therefore we switched to other brands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

Peugeot is as strong brand with not so much maintenance in average then toyota. I have had many Peugeot (European versions) and never had problems.

For the company we have many toyotas fortuners and hi lux 3.0 4x4. In total we have had around 50 cars. Many problem with breaks, steering and electrical.

One car we had stick problems and the spare parts of this car 5. Years old they could not get from the dealership network so had to put in alternative.

Not sure why these toyotas have so many the same kind issues.

Therefore we switched to other brands.

Very unusual to have so many problems with Toyotas and amazed they were not able to supply parts for a 5 year old car.  My experience is very much the opposite.