Nine injured as truck carrying migrant workers overturns downhill

webfact

Nine injured as truck carrying migrant workers overturns downhill

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1599017863_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Construction workers riding in the back of a truck while being transported home to their workers’ camp and their driver were injured after the truck swerved off the coastal road near Ao Yon yesterday evening (Sept 1) and overturned as it rolled down a steep roadside slope.

Among those riding in the truck was a young boy, the son of one of the construction workers.

Lt Col Narong Muangduang of the Wichit Police was called to the accident scene, on the Ao Yon – Khao Khad Rd, at 5.30pm.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/nine-injured-as-truck-carrying-migrant-workers-overturns-downhill-77182.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-09-02

The front left wheel of the truck had left the road, causing the truck to swerve and sending it rolling downhill, he said.

That's a bit strange the wheel leaving the road, I thought that the Driver was suppose to Drive the Truck.

To me it sounds like the Driver stuffed up. Not the Wheel.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, digger70 said:

The front left wheel of the truck had left the road, causing the truck to swerve and sending it rolling downhill, he said.

That's a bit strange the wheel leaving the road, I thought that the Driver was suppose to Drive the Truck.

Always a scapegoat.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, johng said:

But how then would the cheap labourers be transported to and from the work sites ?

( don't worry they are only dispensable Burmese or Cambodians ???? )

next you'll be wanting them to wear steel toe cap boots a hard hat,gloves,ear defenders,goggles,hi vis jackets,dust masks,welding masks and use power tools with actual plugs on not just bare wires stuck in a socket ????

Well there's some positive thinking. There is a law that bans people from riding in the back of pick-ups, but once again the police are too busy playing candy crush on  their phones to worry about enforcing the law plus there's probably no money in it for them

21 hours ago, digger70 said:

Its one better than blaming those brakes dont you think? what next?