Predee: I quit because of sclerosis, not conflict with deputy

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He believed his health condition worsened from the pressure of wanting to succeed in his post.

Ah, what a trooper and so dedicated to the betterment of Thailand. 

????

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said he developed sclerosis, with left-arm numbness, some 3-4 years ago. His condition appeared to improve after that. However, after accepting the finance minister’s post, the symptoms returned.

You've only been in the job 26 days. A possibility the symptoms might disappear equally as quickly again ? Does working in an sedentary office job make it worse ?

Anyway, Holy Cow nailed it in post #3.

• Like 2

How ‘bout that? The world’s most hated currency (the USD) rises on the news.  And the world’s most beloved currency, the Thai Baht, sinks for a change.  Guess they’ll have to find a replacement soon—so they can continue driving the USD down...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

Thailand may have to dip into Foreign Currency Reserves which will dilute and devalue the baht, holding too much foreign currency can be negative especially if you need to use it

Nah, all those "reserves" are there for the subs/tanks/Jets/riotcontrolvehicles  ... yada yada ????

Edited by Dap
  • Like 1

He said he had to quit due to multiple sclerosis, a disease uncommon in Asians which normally strikes at a much younger age.  DPM Gen Prawit said it was because he had a stroke. The media said it was because his Palang Pracharat (the party that ousted Somkid's team and brought in Predee) deputy overrode his nomination for secretary general of the Customs Department, the department under the Finance Ministry's control that generates the most corruption revenue.  

Take you pick. Which seems most likely?

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

As soon as he heard his master speaking. Preedee, now you must save us from losing the value of our currency. Yep, then it was just to pack the bag. He never thought someone would put him in an impossible situation. 

I don't think it was anything to do with the Thai economy or the baht.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“I had discussed this with another senior member. He advised me to not let the symptoms get worse as this would lead to lifelong paralysis. That is the reason why I resigned,” he said.

So, a "senior member" advised you? And you believed him?

Weak. Fail.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Multiple sclerosis? Not very common among males/ 50+. 

These people will say anything. They are not bound to any measure of reality. I would not have been surprised if he said he is resigning because his long dead relative returned from the dead and have him counsel. 

• Haha 1