Should i really stick my neck out ?

rumak

I get what you are saying that if someone goes on the attack then your defenses go up and you’re gonna make life more difficult for them going forwards, or less likely to listen. 

I am not sure if this government work that way. One could argue that the PM paying attention to one Germans open letter shows you are correct but there is little evidence to suggest anything else recently. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Never had anyone get aggressive with me in 15 years. 

I don't want to be in a position of power anymore that's why I retired here. 

exactly .    nobody likes aggressive .   that's why i wonder why some posts "attacking" the position

of power do not see that it will hurt , not help their cause.    I think that people on forums think nobody knows that they are calling others idiots.    

Edited by rumak

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

exactly .    nobody likes aggressive .   that's why i wonder why some posts "attacking" the position

of power do not see that it will hurt , not help their cause

There's a lot of planks here on TV criticizing Thailand coming from nanny countries so aggressive posts are to be expected.

If you ask me many think I'm a plank but it's water off a ducks back when you are sage. ????????????

54 minutes ago, rumak said:

Enough of that.  I am sticking my neck out to question whether those who post critical comments about the way the government 

and its many branches carries out their agenda have thought out whether they are doing it in a smart way.  

To me ,  a smart way would be to try to say what bothers me or I think is "unfair" ,   without slanderous name calling and definitely

without naming names and questioning their "abilities". 

I agree. Taking a hostile stance is often counter productive, especially in the East where "face" is important. 

59 minutes ago, rumak said:

I liked Thailand a lot more ,  foregoing the so proclaimed "intelligent conversation"  for just a simpler and less aggressive way of life.

still find it much much better than western governing

The simpler way of life was a major factor for me. From the beginning, I knew I would be a second class (if even that) person and as such, with no say and no desire to get involved in domestic politics, I could relax. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Stick with the comic relief...this post is depressing!   ????

hahaha    i like to diversify .   i will start coding my posts    S =  sarcasm

T=  tongue in cheek

D =  depressing

STD =  response to someone particularly annoying 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, meechai said:

I know folks who spend their life watching politics on TV & yelling at the tube what did it change?

Same as it ever was...

exactly.    and maybe worse than it ever was.    self preservation is  number one now

what are you doing up so early ?   ????     

6 minutes ago, meechai said:

True that ^

Also a nice turning point in my life is when I realized regardless of what country, what govt etc etc none of it really

ever directly impacted my life so why bother with it? I know many will claim it is a head in the sand outlook but I think it

can also be described as self preservation.

I mean I watch the left & the right go at it literally tooth & nail in the USA & what

does it achieve? I know folks who spend their life watching politics on TV & yelling at the tube what did it change?

Same as it ever was...drags their health & outlook on life down the drain.

The old saying "tune out the noise" is like a vitamin these days????

And the more you develop the skill to "tune out the noise" the more contented your life becomes. Why, in any case spend your day complaining about that which you cannot change? It only makes you ill in the end.

Some believe that misery needs company and are only too willing to spend tons of effort on drawing people's attention to misery inducing events. The MSM are the kings of this.

• Like 2

stopped reading the drivel after it sounded like you needed a box of tissue to wipe your coochie. 

gotta go now someone is wrong in another thread. i have to go make some snide remark about how bad their post is too. 

later. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rumak said:

hahaha    i like to diversify .   i will start coding my posts    S =  sarcasm

T=  tongue in cheek

D =  depressing

STD =  response to someone particularly annoying 

I'm pretty sure inferring someone has that is against forum rules.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr mr said:

stopped reading the drivel after it sounded like you needed a box of tissue to wipe your coochie. 

gotta go now someone is wrong in another thread. i have to go make some snide remark about how bad their post is too. 

later. 

Well,  mr mr    you surely caught me out on that one .     a sharp one you are indeed

you see,  with a little effort you can improve your nasty remarks.    that is what the post is about 

(oh yeah,  you stopped reading)       loveya man  

• Haha 2

Considering that a pregnant housewife was recently arrested by four police officers in Victoria for a Facebook post critical of Covid 19 measures, I would not stick my neck out unnecessarily. However, social media is today's most powerful media. It is the voice of the people.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eddy Ozark said:

I would not stick my neck out unnecessarily. However, social media is today's most powerful media. It is the voice of the people

Agree with both points.   That is why i tried  to suggest that doing so in a way other than just saying how stupid everything and everyone is ( and naming names, which is stupid is as stupid does)  might have better results.

Keep using social media to let your feelings/thoughts be heard.   If people insist on just being crude and distasteful they will surely not win any concessions.   Just look at some here on Thaivisa who make fools of themselves daily.   Guys such as  deleted  and  deleted  and deleted.  ????????

Governments are no different.   Trying to explain to them that they might consider changing their ways

is IMO  a lost cause.    But,  maybe miracles happen.  

Edited by rumak

Just now, mr mr said:

god i hope to rise to the level of the deleted one day. 

i am not god.   just rumak.

the polling has just begun but you do seem to be a front runner  .