Prisoner may have tested positive for Covid-19: CCSA

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Well, yes it is. All flights anywhere in the world require masks and I guess most countries in the world require masks on public transport too. Add to that masks in shops and public enclosed buildings.

Hardly back to normal, unless you sit in a pub or bar, which is a damn good idea!

Thanks for the info, do keep me up to date and informed about what its currently like living in Thailand 

27 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

There currently are no stringent , strict and draconian measures in Thailand , everything's back to normal 

Now back to the new normal because in the old normal I wasn't required to wear a mask when I went shopping.I do think that if a serious second wave were to take hold in Thailand then I would imagine there would be a return of the stringent,strict and draconian measures here in Thailand as it has been in other places.

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I was going to get on it today , but the bus was packed and its unbelievably hot here  now with 80 % humidity , so, didnt bother

Ok, I'll let you off. You do need to explore some places, especially random ones with no tourists around. This is the best time to be travelling anywhere. I'll have another trip next month somewhere, maybe Munich for lager tasting.

17 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

It is not serious anymore.

Other than in March, today it is really not much more than a flu, if at all.

Indonesia daily death rate is double what it was in May, which is in turn double that of March.

I know someone who caught COVID just recently, first person I know personally. It has been pretty rough for them, despite being under 30. Their boss who they caught it off, under 50, is in an ICU on a ventilator. Not serious my <deleted>.

I still feel the response has been overblown, but suggesting it's nothing to be concerned about is nonsense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacob29 said:

Indonesia daily death rate is double what it was in May, which is in turn double that of March.

I know someone who caught COVID just recently, first person I know personally. It has been pretty rough for them, despite being under 30. Their boss who they caught it off, under 50, is in an ICU on a ventilator. Not serious my <deleted>.

I still feel the response has been overblown, but suggesting it's nothing to be concerned about is nonsense.

In Europe vast majority of people infected are totally asymptomatic, I bet the real numbers of cases in the world are in the hundred of millions because most don't even know they have it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacob29 said:

I agree to your point, and thats why I explicitely referred to countries which have the situation well under control now, compared to 6 months ago, and according to the number of daily deaths and availability of free ICU. This is the case not only in Europe, but also in Malaysia, Japan, Korea, OZ, NZ, Taiwan, many other countries and especially also in Thailand with few local infections (not zero) and a good heathcare system. I did not equal Covid to a flu for its dangerousness if treated not in a adequate way, but I equaled it to a flu for the sheer statistical numbers from these countries. 

I did neither write about the situation in the US or in Brazil, nor about India or Indonesia. It is clear that the availability of healthcare in India or Indonesia for everyone cannot be compared to other countries above. Another additional issue in Indonesia might be religous routines which are everything but suitable in lowering the infections rates.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

In Europe vast majority of people infected are totally asymptomatic, I bet the real numbers of cases in the world are in the hundred of millions because most don't even know they have it.

Most studies seem to place it between 30-60%, not sure that qualifies as vast majority. The antibody studies on the whole have been promising, but results haven't been all that far from estimates. Right from the start we had a good idea the mortality rates of 5%+ were from lack of testing, and that it would be closer to 1%.

I feel this whole Covid-19 issue is confusing. I have watched interviews with leading immunologists and experts in virus-caused diseases. I could not name them here because I am rather forgetful of names. But these scientists and doctors came from the UK, Germany, Australia and Russia, to name a few. They all had, basically, the same thing to say. You can slow down an epidemic, but you cannot prevent it as all that is needed is one case in any country to start it. There are two schools of thought here. The first one says, do not try to stop something that cannot be stopped, but protect the elderly and those with underlying serious conditions. Thus, you create herd immunity. The second theory says, try to stop the virus and wait it out until it disappears on its own. The cost of doing this in terms of lost income and unemployment is such that in the end most national economies will surely collapse. Now, which of the two approaches is the lesser evil? I tend to believe scientists more than politicians, if you ask me.